HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams voicing interest in Mark Stuart

Old
01-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
trade him to the Hawks... this would be perfect.

Hawks need a player like him and have 3 2nd Rounders.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:26 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Unless you get a 2nd for him is it really worth moving him? What is his cap hit going to be for the last part of the year 300k? Not much of a savings.
exactly. The ONLY reason why boston would do this is to bring another dman in. Thats it. No other reason. I hardly think 500-300k in cap saving will make a difference in anyway. Then not have that 7th guy on the back end for your playoff run. Makes no sence whats so ever... unless like I said your bringing another guy in and dont need that 7th guy because your replacing him.

Last edited by MaritimeHockeyNut: 01-31-2011 at 02:44 PM.
MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:37 PM
James Franco

He would fit perfectly in Anaheim

Fowler-Stuart.

so a 3rd, conditional 2nd?

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdavis225 View Post
He would fit perfectly in Anaheim

Fowler-Stuart.

so a 3rd, conditional 2nd?

I'd like the see that pairing actually. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Chicago either. Anaheim and Chicago are two teams that I like and aren't in our conference. I really like Stuart and would hate to see him play for a conference rival, but I'd also like the cap space and to see him in a bigger role where he is a less redundant player.

And to those that have brought it up, the cap space difference is about the difference from being able to acquire a $1.7 million player at the deadline and a $3.3 player at the deadline. That's big enough that I'd be willing to trade Stuart. If Savard is definitely out for the year, you can add 4 to both those numbers, but that's still the same size difference.

Ten Thousand Hours is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:52 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Bruins will get a late 2nd for him if they decide to deal him. A play-off team IMO would love to have him for the grind of the play-offs.

Bruins will only deal him if he doesn't fit into their plans for 11-12.

I'd rather them deal Ference and his 2 years remaining...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
I know, I know Montreal and Boston almost never trade.

I think this deal works for both sides for needs.

Montreal

Weber

for

Boston

Stuart

Its what both teams are both looking for and it addresses Boston's cap needs and fils out their roster and the same for the Habs.
i would be pissed if Stuart wound up on the habs, and i doubt the Bruins will trade him there. he is my favorite player on the Bruins probably but i will understand if we deal him to bring in a top 4 d-man. he is awesome though, great leader and strong definsively. great open ice hitter and very good fighter as well. i don't want to see him go, but Lonewolf Mcquaid will help lessen the blow of him leaving.

i hope we trade him out west, the Hawks would be a good fit as others here have suggested.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:23 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
I wouldn't mind the wings taking a look at him at the deadline. Would lighten everyone elses load, while allowing Kindl to go back down to the minors and letting him get more ice time there.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
This was the player I actually wanted the Avs to trade for earlier in the season. I imagine they're still interested.
Same. He seems like exactly the type of player the Avs seem to be targeting. He's at the perfect age for our team (mid twenties), has great character and leadership qualities (something the Avs scouts are VERY high on), and he is a left handed, stay at home dman who can offset our offensive righties we have in the pipeline (Shattenkirk, Elliott, Barrie, Holos).

I'd give Cumiskey straight up. Or a 3rd round pick.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Man Bear Pig

Solid depth d-man, probably values around a third rounder, maybe a late second.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
remer

2n rd for sure. Stuart is worth that! Young / cheap/ leadership qualities/ etc.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:35 PM
TheStranger

Would like him on the Avs, however I don't see them dealing with Boston for a long long time.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

He's easily worth a late 2nd on his ice skills alone, and there's some very solid intangibles he brings. I wish the rest of our defense was a bit better offensively so we could carry him, but we need to get more mobile and offensive. Stu doesn't help us do that.

The guy is perfect for any team hurting for physicality or defensive responsibility on the blue line. On a team like Philly that runs around causing trouble he might even thrive. He's not a great fit for the Julien system, which does not reward stay at home D.

Teams I could easy see him going to in the East include Tampa, Atlanta, Washington and possibly Carolina. I don't know the Western conference very well at all, but apparently at least a few fans out there are intrigued, seeing a chance to get a guy who's a better fit with their team's style than he is in Boston. That's all to the good IMHO.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:12 PM
nmbr_24

I really don't think Stuart's cap hit is enough to move him as a cap dump at this point in the season. If they are going to move him, he might go as part of a package or for a prospect, it makes a lot more sense than just moving him for a pick unless that pick is high enough to entice them. He would be a great player to keep on the team for the playoffs.

He is one of my favorite Bruins, he is a little redundent on this Bruins team so i could see them moving him for the right price otherwise I don't think there is a better 7th d-man in the entire league. He is a tough, defensive defenseman and a very good leader. Unfortuantely for him, his injury allowed the Bruins to really see how good McQuaid can be and Kampfer is a puck moving d-man who isn't getting knocked out of the lineup.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't think he's worth a 2nd. Wisniewski went for a 2nd. I'd say a 3rd.

Bill Ladd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:40 PM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

Quote:
This was the player I actually wanted the Avs to trade for earlier in the season. I imagine they're still interested.

I'd offer a 3rd for him, or perhaps a prospect if that's what the Bruins wanted. If it's a PMD they want, the Avs have them in spades. You can have Hunwick back (ha), Cumiskey, even Liles, Holos, Shattenkirk, or Elliot would be on the table for the right price.
I think the Bruins would give ALOT for Liles. I can't imagine Colorado giving him up.

Would Stuart, Boston's 1st and Minny's 2nd sound close?

FONZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE View Post
I think the Bruins would give ALOT for Liles. I can't imagine Colorado giving him up.

I'd love Liles too but that's a little over the top I think.

Stuey to CO would make a lot of sense though, he went to College there and he could be one of those rentals that chooses to stay.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I could see Nashville as a surprising contender. Stuart is not an expensive player, which does matter there, and there's a bit of an identity crisis in NSH right now. Not a bad team, certainly, they are 4th seed after all, but kinda... flavorless. Vanilla. Guy like Stu could do for them what Aaron Ward did for us -- apply a bit of recognizable personality to a kinda middling decent, vanilla team and make 'em stand out more. And because he's mastered the Julien system, he could probably handle the defensive requirements of a team that's contending based on the lowest GA in the West as well. A good defensive package with some snarl, toughness, attitude and leadership could be a strong supporting piece if they decide to make a push.

But then, as I've already intimated, I don't really know the West that well.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:16 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE View Post

If the Avs were so inclined, I think they'd think about that. We'd probably be asking for the Tor 1st though.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:20 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If the Avs were so inclined, I think they'd think about that. We'd probably be asking for the Tor 1st though.
If Boston were willing to trade a top 5 pick they can get a lot better player in return than a 30 year old John M Liles.

I'm sure the Toronto pick could get Pitkanen who is a dramatically better all around player.

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Mark Stuart

Andrew Brunette

??

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:00 AM
nycbruins*

How about a 3rd string goalie that can play in Providence and possibly become a future back-up?

Anybody have anything like that and wants Stuart?

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post

Mark Stuart

Andrew Brunette

??
Not a bad idea, but then the Bruins would add cap, have to get rid of Ryder and still get a PMD to round out the team. Lots of dominoes to fall in less than a month. Also a lot of upheaval for a team that seems to be gelling right now.

I do like Brunette, though. But I'm worried about relying on forwards like Brunette, Ryder & Recchi on a team that's already not very fast.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Old
02-01-2011, 07:49 AM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Oy Vey

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:54 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498

Mark Stuart

Drayson Bowman

fair value? I think it would give the B's the room they need to bring in an upgrade on D, and they get a pretty solid wing prospect in the process that seems to be getting caught up in the numbers game here. Canes stabilize their defense and add a guy they can probably re-sign to help build around for future seasons.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote