HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise to Boston (deadline deal)

Old
01-31-2011, 10:01 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

vCash: 500
I'd trade any asset(s) we have accept Bergeron, Rask, Seguin and Chara.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
I'd trade any asset(s) we have accept Bergeron, Rask, Seguin and Chara.
I'd trade you any player except for Parise, Zajac, Elias, Marty or Kovalchuk then.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:36 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

How does this sound?

To Boston:
Parise

To NJ:
Tor 1st
Bos 1st
Alexandrov
Colborne

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:09 AM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbs View Post
boston doesnt give up toronto 1st-

Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011
Boston doesn't get Parise, even if they're giving up Toronto's 1st. The only piece of real value is the Toronto 1st. Do you really think Lou would take a package of late 1st's and a good prospects? None of those is guaranteed- Parise is. Trying to keep your best pieces and making an offer for Parise is an oxymoron, you homer.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Bolded is highly arguable. He's better than any forwards Boston currently has.

Kovalchuk was an impending UFA. Everyone and their mother knew he wasn't re-signing in Atlanta, Waddell was dealing from a position of weakness.

Parise is RFA, the only way he leaves Boston this summer would be with four 1st rounders in their pocket. He's not a rental
Boston would do that considering they get to keep TO'S first and picking up Parise to go along with Seguin a top 5 and keep prospects like Colburne and others why not Those picks would be from 27 to 30 for those 4 years anyhow so it would be like giving up 4 2nds for Parise

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Will the Devils allow them to negotiate an extension prior to a trade?
If Boston made the offer and that was the only condition, then yes. I imagine they would.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
This is from ESPN

Here's a crazy idea: The Boston Bruins could look to trade for Zach Parise. Now, this is pure speculation, but the Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garrioch thinks that, if Marc Savard is out for the season with a concussion, the Bruins would have the cap space to trade for Parise -- if the Devils decide to shop him. It's not out of the question for the Devils to deal Parise, especially if Parise makes it clear he doesn't want to come back as he prepares to hit restricted free agency. However, the bigger question is whether the Bruins would be willing to give up a huge load of assets for the star winger.

To be frank, we don't see this happening. But if there is a trade, the Boston Globe's Kevin Paul Dupont previously speculated on the asking price: three-first-round picks, a roster player and a prospect. Now, the Bruins could send their two 2011 first-rounders to Jersey, and perhaps even their 2012 first-rounders. As far as roster players and prospects, the Bruins have several players they may be willing to part with. (Blake Wheeler, perhaps?)

But the hardest part for the Bruins will be re-signing Parise when he becomes a restricted free agent. He'll likely demand a huge deal, and unless the Bruins dump several big contract, this isn't going to happen.

So
2011 TOR 1st
2011 BOS 1st
2012 BOS 1st
Roster Player
Prospect

for

Zach Parise

What do you guys think?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:46 AM
svat

If Parise is not a devil next season I will light my testicle hair on fire. Everyone who thinks that their favorite team is going to trade for him is dreaming, or hasn't been to capgeek.com.

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Garrioch's theory that the Devils are going to trade Parise because of cap trouble is stupid. When you have cap trouble, you don't trade your best players on the cheap, you do your best to do dump your bad contracts.

The only way Parise gets traded is if he tells Lou that he wants out, or if he says that he will not sign anything other than a one year deal. Any reasonable offer sheet will be matched, and I don't think Lou will try to lowball his best player.

My personal feeling is that all this speculation is for nothing, and that Lou will have Parise re-signed to a three or four year deal well before July 1. But that's just my opinion.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Shaun
beauty

To what extent will Lou match offers? What if he gets a 42m/6yr deal? What is the highest Lou will go?

Old
02-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I think Lou will match anything that doesn't give four firsts as compensation (because even four firsts, unless they are all lottery picks, gives a slim to nil chance of drafting a player of equal calibre). So up to $8 M per or something like that.

Old
02-01-2011, 07:09 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
To what extent will Lou match offers? What if he gets a 42m/6yr deal? What is the highest Lou will go?
Anything under four 1st round picks.... Lou will match, book it. In order to get that compensation, someone will have to offer ZP a 7.7M$+ contract.

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 02-01-2011 at 07:33 AM.
DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
Boston doesn't get Parise, even if they're giving up Toronto's 1st. The only piece of real value is the Toronto 1st. Do you really think Lou would take a package of late 1st's and a good prospects? None of those is guaranteed- Parise is. Trying to keep your best pieces and making an offer for Parise is an oxymoron, you homer.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
JMiller

It all looks like overpayment to me. The bruins would be getting one year of Parise before he's a UFA. If NJ is looking to let him go, they will get a lot less than what's been offered here (maybe a top prospect/young player, a 1st round pick and maybe a younger roster player- think Krecji or Rask, Boston's first and a Wheeler/Boychuck/Kamfer type from Boston). If NJ isn't looking to let him go then no one will be able to stack a deal with enough assets to change their mind.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:52 AM
NUhockey
Roy So Hard

This won't happen. It's too much of a risk for the Bruins, and the Devils have seen what life without Parise is like. One scenario I can think of:

To Boston:
Zach Parise

To New Jersey:
Toronto 1st 2011
Boston 1st 2011
Boston 2nd 2011
Boston 2nd 2012
Steve Kampfer
Joe Colborne
Blake Wheeler

I think it's great that some people are treating this thread like they're the one's negotiating the trade, rather than try to predict how it would turn out. Also, is Tuukka Rask completely untouchable?

NUhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Battaglia
Hail Tim Thomas.

Don't like the Bruins trading so much for a guy with a knee injury. Big risk in my opinion.

Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battaglia View Post
Don't like the Bruins trading so much for a guy with a knee injury. Big risk in my opinion.
I think the only way he gets traded is in the offseason because he either wants a 1 yr deal or wants arbitration and if thats the case he should be able to come back for the last part of this season and show what he has. When is he due to come back?

Old
02-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUbruins View Post
This won't happen. It's too much of a risk for the Bruins, and the Devils have seen what life without Parise is like. One scenario I can think of:

To Boston:
Zach Parise

To New Jersey:
Toronto 1st 2011
Boston 1st 2011
Boston 2nd 2011
Boston 2nd 2012
Steve Kampfer
Joe Colborne
Blake Wheeler
Seven assets traded away, count them, in return for one. Why not make it eight assets, or even nine, or half the team. The more the merrier.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Seven assets traded away, count them, in return for one. Why not make it eight assets, or even nine, or half the team. The more the merrier.
Or instead we could offer sheet $8m and just give up 4 picks and save the farm.

Old
02-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
I think the only way he gets traded is in the offseason because he either wants a 1 yr deal or wants arbitration and if thats the case he should be able to come back for the last part of this season and show what he has. When is he due to come back?
Mid-March, at the earliest. But since the Devils will be well out of it at that point, I think management won't rush him back. He might even be shut down for the season.

Old
02-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
This is from ESPN
2011 TOR 1st
2011 BOS 1st
2012 BOS 1st
Roster Player
Prospect

for

Zach Parise

What do you guys think?
That's just silly. Gross overpayment.

Chris Pronger wasn't traded for that much and he was a league MVP, Norris and Stanley Cup winner, and he played a more important position.

On top of that, if Jersey decides to trade Parise, it's because there's a problem. Like his agent encouraging Parise to sign a one year deal for fear of a salary rollback in the new CBA. That doesn't mean teams won't still line up for him, but it makes him a 15 month rental. So a team has to think twice about selling off every future they have for a guy who could very well walk after one fully healthy playoff run.

I'd offer Lou, Rask and our 1st. That would give them a proven commodity in Rask, a potential franchise goalie who led the league in every category last season, cap space as Rask is signed for $1.2m for another year, and a 1st round pick with which they could set out to find the next Parise. I doubt another team could afford to offer up a potential franchise talent AND their own 1st.

And if that's not enough, the B's are better off walking away, using those assets to ice a cheap, competitive team, and targeting this purportedly promising 2012 UFA class when the lockout ends.

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
I wouldn't give the house for Parise because he plans to hit the market as an unrestricted free agent after next season. Toronto's 1st represents 7 seasons of control over what should be an impact player, for that I'd want someone in return who is at least a few years away from unrestricted free agency.

oh, does he now? and where did you hear this fine piece of information, if i may ask?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Puck Farise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Cut it any way you want,He just had knee surgery,He is now damaged goods,
Chris Pronger and Erik Johnson have had an ACL reconstruction... which (as someone who has had both an ACL tear and a meniscus tear) is 50x worse than meniscus surgery....so they must be 'damaged goods' as well then.

The surgery is minor and, despite all the hopes and wishes of non-Devils fans on this board, it does not lower his value

Puck Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
rask and boston first? for Parise?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:11 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
rask and boston first? for Parise?
Don't be so dissapointed, "that garbage" lead the league in save % and GAA last year, is top 10 in save % this year, is 23 years old and signed to a 1.2 mil/year deal.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote