HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

TH Season 8.99: Playoffs? Ya kiddin' me, playoffs?

Old
02-01-2011, 07:27 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Promoting will save you some good money on those higher-end players... if he came out at 4.5 for you, I'll say he'll be 3.85 after promoting, or 4.15 if you don't promote... I'd push to max both relations skills and negotiations as well if I were in your shoes, or it'll be impossible to keep that together. Throw $20 at the game, get your skills maxed.
I'm hoping to get a level up before the off season so I can do just this. I used 3 boosts from TP I earned from Nik's gift and earn for free, and used it on game stuff (attack, defense, initiative, discipline, etc) so I can win games and push for a championship. My next level up I'm going to put a bunch into those stats. I like my team, it works, I want to keep them together, and ideally I won't be going after any free agents this off season, barring any major salary hikes on my team. I have a decent amount of farm level players which I can dump if needed this off season, I picked them up before in hopes they would develop, some for league minimum.

Does anyone know if players develop more if they play in games in TH? Or is it entirely based off of your training setup?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Yeah, but the RP I'd give up by not winning as many player awards, if any, and not winning anywhere near as many games might make it a better play for me to throw the finals and stay in 3.1 for another season or two.
What does RP even do for you? It doesn't give you level ups like it does with XP. Still the difference between going 38-7 in 3.1 and 30-15 in 2.1 isn't going to hurt you much for whatever RP is used for.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:31 AM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
What does RP even do for you? It doesn't give you level ups like it does with XP. Still the difference between going 38-7 in 3.1 and 30-15 in 2.1 isn't going to hurt you much for whatever RP is used for.
Pro leagues, man. I want a spot in the pro leagues.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:34 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Pro leagues, man. I want a spot in the pro leagues.
All Im waiting for. Pro draft (where there will be draft rankings midseason and the such, hopefully made by players), plus all the good players.

1.1 is kinda boring. Wont lie. Not alot of people talk. 2.1 was alot more lively.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Yeah, but the RP I'd give up by not winning as many player awards, if any, and not winning anywhere near as many games might make it a better play for me to throw the finals and stay in 3.1 for another season or two.
2.x leagues aren't as good as you think they are. Your team would be right at the top of 2.1. My team is weaker than yours (32-5-3 and 31-7-2 in my two seasons in 3.5) and I went 34-11 and promoted in my first season in 2.2.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:46 AM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
2.x leagues aren't as good as you think they are. Your team would be right at the top of 2.1. My team is weaker than yours (32-5-3 and 31-7-2 in my two seasons in 3.5) and I went 34-11 and promoted in my first season in 2.2.
Yeah, that's 2.2 though... look at the team that beat me in the finals last year, game three, 5 OT's... 19-16-6 this season, 10th in the conference. 1.95 GF, 1.88 GA... My offense is only one point better than his according to his league strengths page.

Old
02-01-2011, 10:57 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Yeah, that's 2.2 though... look at the team that beat me in the finals last year, game three, 5 OT's... 19-16-6 this season, 10th in the conference. 1.95 GF, 1.88 GA... My offense is only one point better than his according to his league strengths page.
Have you looked at his team? He's got like no top end talent and his goalie doesn't hold a candle to the Cap'n.

edit: You've got better top end talent than me and mine didn't slow down at all in 2.x. Dohn and Morgan would still be right at the top of the leaderboards.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:02 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

2.1 has some good teams. Dont underestimate them. The Yellowfins have been in the top 3 in the league for the last few seasons (except 1). The Sabres are a pretty solid team and almost went all the way last season (I was fighting for 1st with him)

Maryland I. Perfection are a really good team, and actually outshot me in the finals last season. Goalie stood on his head. Red Cougars are also a really strong team.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:03 AM
L-train*

Quote:
Have you looked at his team? He's got like no top end talent and his goalie doesn't hold a candle to the Cap'n.

edit: You've got better top end talent than me and mine didn't slow down at all in 2.x. Dohn and Morgan would still be right at the top of the leaderboards.
His team managed to beat my team last year, and that's all that matters to me. I'm not gonna throw the finals or anything, but I hope I get stuck in 3.1 for just one more season... let Val move up this year.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Agreed. You can't compare teams from last year to this. I've seen so many good teams turn terrible and bad teams dominate. If people didn't take advantage of FA they are left in the dust this season. It really is the dawn of a new age. Computer controlled teams used to be good but now if you don't have a human making roster moves to better the team, there's no much chance of being good aside from a few teams, most of which were previously built by human Coaches.

Old
02-01-2011, 02:27 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
2.1 has some good teams. Dont underestimate them. The Yellowfins have been in the top 3 in the league for the last few seasons (except 1). The Sabres are a pretty solid team and almost went all the way last season (I was fighting for 1st with him)

Maryland I. Perfection are a really good team, and actually outshot me in the finals last season. Goalie stood on his head. Red Cougars are also a really strong team.
The top end of 3.1 is probably just as good as the top of 2.1, though. The middle might be a bit stronger, but whoever wins 3.1 (assuming it's one of the human players) is going to be right near the top of 2.1 next season.

Old
02-01-2011, 02:50 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

My ISP won't change my IP.

****!

George Kessog is a piece of ****.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
The top end of 3.1 is probably just as good as the top of 2.1, though. The middle might be a bit stronger, but whoever wins 3.1 (assuming it's one of the human players) is going to be right near the top of 2.1 next season.
Eh, maybe if you look at their rosters. But the coaches in 2.1 are actually good. They can get a good amount out of their players (tactics, mix and match) with less talented players. The Red Cougers are a good one. He isnt stacked with high quality players, but he still wins games pretty easily at times.

Old
02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Start Leighton*

Looks like people are starting to make accounts just to cut players.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=281757
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=281763

Cut by the same team and their coach signed up and is a level 0.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=364307
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=364306

Same situation here.

Start Leighton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Start Leighton*

**** me wrong thread

Old
02-01-2011, 07:02 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Looks like people are starting to make accounts just to cut players.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=281757
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=281763

Cut by the same team and their coach signed up and is a level 0.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=364307
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=364306

Same situation here.
Warned Nik about this, but he doesn't seem to give a ****.

Good sign to me that a full roster reset is coming sooner or later.

Old
02-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Won 4-3 in OT against a bad team. Good thing that team isn't going to make the playoffs. In 2 games against them, I lost 4-3 in OT and won 4-3 in OT.

I'm now 19-0-1 in my last 20 games. I'm rolling heading into the playoffs.

Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 02-02-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old
02-02-2011, 08:35 AM
L-train*

5-1 win, 6th in a row. Only 3 losses in my last 30 games. Hopefully this is sustainable.

Magic number for the Pressley is down to 1.

EDIT: Jesus, another ******* shutout for Westfield... I hate that guy... he's so damn good.

Old
02-02-2011, 09:43 AM
CantSeeColors

One point out of a playoff spot, two points out of 6th, and three points out of winning my division for the 3rd seed. It's crazy tight here in 1.1 national. Closing out the season against sa cyred and Dash is going to be pretty interesting. My personal goal for this season was to either make the playoffs or win the MOC, so hopefully I can lock the first half of that up by sunday.

In other news, my newest d-man has 9 points in 5 games since being moved from my shutdown line to my top line. I wish I had him there all season.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:08 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=684471

So after *****ing about my goalie, hes now gone on a crazy streak lately. Hes had 4 SOs in 8 games, and how has a new career high of 10. Nice.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:55 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

And I just lost 4-0. What the hell is going on? In the past two games, I got outscored 9-0....

Old
02-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Villedelphia*

won 3-2, had 40 shots and went 0-5 on the PP. Not sure what happened. Getting to +200 GD now seems very unlikely.

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Start Leighton*

I won 6-2 I was also messaged back in regards to the FA cheating.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I agree, those look like cheating to me. I'll get the bottom of this situation. Unfortunately, it's much harder to track FA cheating then it is to track trade cheating with the tools I have. If you see anything else that looks suspicious, please let me know.

Two more players were cut from the same team with a coach that was a level 0 today.

Old
02-02-2011, 01:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I agree, those look like cheating to me. I'll get the bottom of this situation. Unfortunately, it's much harder to track FA cheating then it is to track trade cheating with the tools I have. If you see anything else that looks suspicious, please let me know.

Two more players were cut from the same team with a coach that was a level 0 today.
The top 10 players in FA right now (based off of EPA) are all cut off by newly made coaches.

Old
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:

A player on this board has already benefited from FA cheating.... what a joke this game is, I get booted b/c I sign up MONTHS after I get banned for having two teams. Which is crazy and people are cheating left right and center and nothing done about it. What a joke.

The thing that would drive me nuts is that I know people have cheated in the game - they are okay with the exploit they benefit from, while others who play the game fair get booted.

****ing joke!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote