HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2011, 08:58 AM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Anyone have problems with Netflix streaming from xbox? I'll pick a movie....it says loading...then my screen just goes black and my xbox freezes. Google search didn't find me an answer either...
Havent seen that at all man. No clue what the problem is.

Maybe try clearing the cache or something? I dont know.

Anyway, I finally got around to playing some Call of Duty: Black Ops. Level 45 or something now. Thinking of prestiging, but I am loving the AK47 and the PSG1 far too much. I'd hate to give that stuff up. With my AK47, my Kill/Death has been creeping up pretty quickly, and the PSG1 on Array on Capture the Flag is just disgusting. It's almost unfair. Add in the full-auto pistol and I can still kill people up close. Solid.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I see no real point in prestiging. I don't really need 10 custom class slots.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think I'll do it at least once for fun, an extra class slot is nice.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Yeah, my problem is I don't often get to play a lot, so it would probably take me forever to get my favorite crap back.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Jester

Quote:
Anyway, I finally got around to playing some Call of Duty: Black Ops. Level 45 or something now. Thinking of prestiging, but I am loving the AK47 and the PSG1 far too much. I'd hate to give that stuff up. With my AK47, my Kill/Death has been creeping up pretty quickly, and the PSG1 on Array on Capture the Flag is just disgusting. It's almost unfair. Add in the full-auto pistol and I can still kill people up close. Solid.
Apparently putting full auto on that gun nerfs its damage notably. Might want to check out going with the extended mag for it, too. I find more bullets to be quite helpful with handguns if you get into a fracas with one.

I personally love the AUG if you haven't played with that much. Had back to back like 50-10 games of Domination on Havana yesterday with an AUG Scavenger-Sleight of Hand-Hacker class.

Sidenote: Havana is so easy to win Domination on if you aren't playing with morons and start on the C flag. Take C, get your hands on B, and then have a few people post up in the fountain area and the rest of the team monitor the middle of the map. I've seen people working the spawn trap on the other side, but that seems a lot harder to me.

Quote:
Quote:
The extra class slot is nice, I also think prestiging keeps the game fresh... I'm doing something rather than signing on and just *ing around. However, as soon as I finish my current round of prestige (5 I think), I'll stop for a bit. When Killzone 3 comes out with its demo in a few days, I'm going to be all over that. The PS3 technical problems with Black Ops have really turned me off to the game (really enjoy the actual game, I'm just pissed off at Treyarch and don't want to give them anymore money for maps, etc.).

Quote:
Yeah, my problem is I don't often get to play a lot, so it would probably take me forever to get my favorite crap back.
Definitely a factor with prestige... it's about the only game I play (usually play one at a time) right now, so I get the Famas in short order and all is well. The only part that actually sucks is getting back Pro perks. Ghost Pro is such a pain due to the lack of sentry guns.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Apparently putting full auto on that gun nerfs its damage notably. Might want to check out going with the extended mag for it, too. I find more bullets to be quite helpful with handguns if you get into a fracas with one.

I personally love the AUG if you haven't played with that much. Had back to back like 50-10 games of Domination on Havana yesterday with an AUG Scavenger-Sleight of Hand-Hacker class.

Sidenote: Havana is so easy to win Domination on if you aren't playing with morons and start on the C flag. Take C, get your hands on B, and then have a few people post up in the fountain area and the rest of the team monitor the middle of the map. I've seen people working the spawn trap on the other side, but that seems a lot harder to me.

The extra class slot is nice, I also think prestiging keeps the game fresh... I'm doing something rather than signing on and just *ing around. However, as soon as I finish my current round of prestige (5 I think), I'll stop for a bit. When Killzone 3 comes out with its demo in a few days, I'm going to be all over that. The PS3 technical problems with Black Ops have really turned me off to the game (really enjoy the actual game, I'm just pissed off at Treyarch and don't want to give them anymore money for maps, etc.).

Definitely a factor with prestige... it's about the only game I play (usually play one at a time) right now, so I get the Famas in short order and all is well. The only part that actually sucks is getting back Pro perks. Ghost Pro is such a pain due to the lack of sentry guns.
The new maps pack comes out tomorrow. I will be purchasing it.

I only have one Pro perk (second chance). I have everything for Ghost except I need a few more plans down, but it doesnt really matter considering I am level 45 already. I'll end up getting it and then Prestige.

Right now I'm all about the AK47 and the PSG1. However I still use a silenced Famas for when I want to piss people off and I used the Galil for the longest time. I have no problem picking those guns up again.

I havent used the AUG actually. I should try it before I prestige. I have the AK74u on my runner/flag/tec insert/domination class and it's ok. Grip and red dot. I hate iron sights, and my buddies use the AK74u with rapid fire and the grip and it's effective.

I have little issue with the fully auto pistol except I noticed it's range is ****. If you are close but out of knife range, I can drop you quick, but I noticed I have issues if I'm outside of the semi-close range. I avoid pistols mostly though anyway. I die a good bit still so if I run out of ammo, I just pickup a downed enemies gun until I can die and respawn. I usually snipe when I'm camping anyway (Ghost is a must) so I find that I can often get close enough to knife or pistol if I'm defending an objective since I only show up on radar when I'm shooting. Silencers on the sniper are a waste of time as it's no longer a one shot kill.

I use Claymores, Decoys and Frags mostly. Any tips on loadouts? I can post mine if anyone is interested.

Old
01-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Jester

Quote:
The new maps pack comes out tomorrow. I will be purchasing it.

I only have one Pro perk (second chance). I have everything for Ghost except I need a few more plans down, but it doesnt really matter considering I am level 45 already. I'll end up getting it and then Prestige.

Right now I'm all about the AK47 and the PSG1. However I still use a silenced Famas for when I want to piss people off and I used the Galil for the longest time. I have no problem picking those guns up again.

I havent used the AUG actually. I should try it before I prestige. I have the AK74u on my runner/flag/tec insert/domination class and it's ok. Grip and red dot. I hate iron sights, and my buddies use the AK74u with rapid fire and the grip and it's effective.

I have little issue with the fully auto pistol except I noticed it's range is ****. If you are close but out of knife range, I can drop you quick, but I noticed I have issues if I'm outside of the semi-close range. I avoid pistols mostly though anyway. I die a good bit still so if I run out of ammo, I just pickup a downed enemies gun until I can die and respawn. I usually snipe when I'm camping anyway (Ghost is a must) so I find that I can often get close enough to knife or pistol if I'm defending an objective since I only show up on radar when I'm shooting. Silencers on the sniper are a waste of time as it's no longer a one shot kill.

I use Claymores, Decoys and Frags mostly. Any tips on loadouts? I can post mine if anyone is interested.
Deadly. Cannot urge that combo on people enough... even after they nerfed it in the last update.

My primary domination class (because I like to be aggressive on and around the flags) is Lightweight-Warlord Pro (extra nades)-Marathon with the AK74u with grip and rapid fire. I rarely go all that positive with this class, but I have a lot of fun and can rip it up in close quarters around the flags (I'm generally a top 15% player on Domination on the PS3 leaderboards). I have a secondary Dom class with an assault rifle attached (rotation... right now I think it's the Famas).

I usually throw the ballistic knife on those classes so I can run faster, and swap it for another primary whenever I come across one.

My TDM class (I mostly just stick to Ground War) is generally Ghost-Warlord-Hacker with an assault rifle. I've used a variety of combos here. I'm fond of both the AUG and Famas with red dot and dual mag (extra bullets if you didn't know). I struggle with silencers on those guns for whatever reason, so gave that up a while ago.

If I'm using the Commando (another fun gun) I go dual mag with silencer, because I don't like the red dot on the Commando... seems to have more kick to me than even if you leave it without the silencer.

I've played around with sniping, but I'm not that great at it.. so only use a sniper class sparingly (Ghost-Scout-Hacker), and have a goofy Shotgun class (Ghost-Sleight of Hand-Hacker -- I think?). And have the AUG sleight of hand class I mentioned above that I'm currently playing around with.

I almost always have claymores on me unless I'm trying to get Hacker Pro (have used tac insert while sniping some). I like frags more than semtex, but use both... and I'm currently experimenting with concussion after using flashes for a long time. Though, I've read that nova gas is super effective for similar effect.

Old
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

I love the FAMAS.

Old
01-31-2011, 05:12 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I love the FAMAS.
And you dont even need another gun. Famas + silenced = total destroy people.

Old
01-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yeah, that's what I use. Especially deadly with ninja and ghost pro

I love the tomahawk as well.

Old
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I use. Especially deadly with ninja and ghost pro

I love the tomahawk as well.
Ghost is what I always use. I never not have it on. Alot of players radar stare, so its awesome where their all happy throwing up their spyplane and you come up behind them and kill them. Get so mad.

For the hell of it, I threw up one of those fake radar dots (forget name ) and people came flocking to it. Just sat there picking them off (before some people get mad, it was a TD match not a domination and the such)

Old
01-31-2011, 06:10 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I love the FAMAS.
Quote:
That pea-shooter is awesome, but if I get into "the dance" with someone, the AK can drop someone long before the Famas.

Old
01-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I played Black Ops for the first time since early December today. Games still the exact same way as I left it. M14 ftw.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-31-2011, 06:31 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Am I the only one who plays BC2 Vietnam?

Old
01-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Ghost is what I always use. I never not have it on. Alot of players radar stare, so its awesome where their all happy throwing up their spyplane and you come up behind them and kill them. Get so mad.

For the hell of it, I threw up one of those fake radar dots (forget name ) and people came flocking to it. Just sat there picking them off (before some people get mad, it was a TD match not a domination and the such)
I love Ghost. I think I might be running Hardline right now, though. So the decoys are pretty useful? I haven't bothered with one yet.

Quote:
That pea-shooter is awesome, but if I get into "the dance" with someone, the AK can drop someone long before the Famas.
Haven't unlocked the AK yet. Is the commando any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
I played Black Ops for the first time since early December today. Games still the exact same way as I left it. M14 ftw.
the M14 is the only other gun I use. if you can aim and push buttons fast, it's great

Old
01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
The Recoil rate for the AK pisses me off. I can control the Famas with silenced, but even with silence on the AK, its still hard to control. Famas is nice cause even at far distances, if your good, you can sitll pick people off with the silencer on. Close range, I can hipfire pretty well so I can win those also.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Jester

You can live without Ghost if you're going to run with a launcher as your secondary and take all the spy planes down. Otherwise, it's a big boost to have it on.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Am I the only one who plays BC2 Vietnam?
How is that? I've been meaning to download it.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:00 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
How is that? I've been meaning to download it.
I personally think it's great, but just saying the M40 can be a bit BS and I know the PPSh is a broken weapon. It's more powerful than it states. I mean hell, I'm almost at my platinum for the M1 Garand.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
You can live without Ghost if you're going to run with a launcher as your secondary and take all the spy planes down. Otherwise, it's a big boost to have it on.
I always do the launcher thing. Ghost makes the launcher even better, since you won't be highlighted.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Jester

Quote:
I always do the launcher thing. Ghost makes the launcher even better, since you won't be highlighted.
I'm a bit of a dick once I get to Ghost Pro... I stop running launchers with my classes for the most part. Mostly because I like having a solid 2nd weapon given the way you run through bullets in Black Ops.

Prior to that, I shoot everything down...

Old
01-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
I'm a bit of a dick once I get to Ghost Pro... I stop running launchers with my classes for the most part. Mostly because I like having a solid 2nd weapon given the way you run through bullets in Black Ops.

Prior to that, I shoot everything down...
I usually just grab a gun laying around. I move around enough that I don't really worry about showing up on the radar for a second

Old
02-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Jester

Quote:
I usually just grab a gun laying around. I move around enough that I don't really worry about showing up on the radar for a second
I run around a lot as well--and generally don't play with silencers--so the radar isn't a huge deal, but I do notice a difference when I don't have Ghost on. I feel the need to be much more campy when I don't have Ghost up given all the spy planes.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
I run around a lot as well--and generally don't play with silencers--so the radar isn't a huge deal, but I do notice a difference when I don't have Ghost on. I feel the need to be much more campy when I don't have Ghost up given all the spy planes.
Oh yeah. There's definitely a difference between Ghost and no Ghost. A lot of players put too much trust in the radar when a plane is up.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Jester

Quote:
Oh yeah. There's definitely a difference between Ghost and no Ghost. A lot of players put too much trust in the radar when a plane is up.
With Ghost on, I can run around and get to killstreaks with a great deal of regularity... just seems like the good players that use the radar effectively will find you and cut you off with a UAV up and no Ghost on. When I run non-Ghost classes, I still go positive but it's a lot more 3-1/2-1/1-1 lives as opposed to big runs (my lowest killstreak is almost always Napalm, so that's not getting 'er done).

I swear I could be a 2 k/d if I'd slow down and run 'n gun less in TDM... but man, playing the more passive game is so damn boring.

I will also say the influx of idiots since Christmas has gotten old. They either need to stop sucking, or quit playing. A friend of mine plays on XBOX and says it has been bad over there too. I feel like 80% of the games I'm in these days are lopsided one way or the other. Doesn't help that for some reason there are an army of big parties in every lobby.

Closed Thread