HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Brad Richards Thread

Old
01-31-2011, 10:43 PM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
hes goin to russia

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:44 PM
James Freaking Neal

Is it me..

Or am I the only person that sees that these proposed line combinations after a trade is "completed" all would be "amazing" even though they all seem to include completely uproven players.. Homers

James Freaking Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:44 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Why in the blue moon would gillis be interested, Eklund is reaching crazy territory.

That being said, can you imagine our top 4 centers.

Hank
Kesler
RIchards
Malholtra
Switching Kesler and Richards around, sure. *drool* While we're at it, I'd also like Pronger and Weber on the back end.

Love to have him obviously, but then of course there's that nasty salary cap thing. Plus he's obviously itching to play in TO under the world's most loved coach since Viktor Tikhonov.

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:05 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
We sign him. Were not hurting as far as cap space goes. We can sign him for a nice long term deal if he wants it. Were not hurting in the least as far as money goes.
same with columbus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
bobbyflex

in all likelihood, I would say:

1) Stars
2) Rangers
3) Leafs

in that order. leafs could probably offer the most money. But my bet is he re-signs with Dallas

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
in all likelihood, I would say:

1) Stars
2) Rangers
3) Leafs

in that order. leafs could probably offer the most money. But my bet is he re-signs with Dallas
Honestly he will probably resign with dallas so this is all for nought. If I had to give a pecking order I would assume it would be this.
1) Stars
2) Lightning
3) Rangers

Richards is a loyal mother ****er. Loyal to any orginazation he suits up for, his team-mates and coaches. Ultimate team player. He will want to resign with the stars, if not try and come back with his BFF Vinny.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:22 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post

That being said, I could definitely see him heading back to TBL.
Yes, that's exactly what they need- repeating the same history that got Richards out of TB in the first place.

Last edited by StarsFan74: 02-01-2011 at 11:42 AM.
StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Hes previously stated he wants a long term deal, money is secondary, so I'd say 6-7 years for 6.0-6.8 mil a season. Resigning in Dallas of course.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:17 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Yes, that's exactly what they need- repeating the same history that got Richards out of TB in the first place.
He had to leave before as we were an internal cap team so couldnt compete with his contract, had we been able to spend to cap its a different story.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...for-BR/1/33300

Quote:
With Savards injury it was believed the Bruins would use the cap space from Marc on IR and pickup a player...While this is true, the really big rumor today is the Bruins are trying to not only get one player (believed to be Phillips) but may be trying to move Wheeler to Toronto in an attempt to clear even more Cap Space for???

One source told me this...

"The Bruins are also considering not grabbing Phillips and a second player and instead using all the Cap Space available to make a run at Brad Richards. There is a belief the window is open and with Timmy Thomas playing at the top of his game (or at the top of any goalies game) adding Richards could give them enough offense to make a run."

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Honestly he will probably resign with dallas so this is all for nought. If I had to give a pecking order I would assume it would be this.
1) Stars
2) Lightning
3) Rangers

Richards is a loyal mother ****er. Loyal to any orginazation he suits up for, his team-mates and coaches. Ultimate team player. He will want to resign with the stars, if not try and come back with his BFF Vinny.
how do you expect to fit all St. Louis, Stamkos, Vinny, and Richards?? is the cap going to $70 mil next year?

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
He had to leave before as we were an internal cap team so couldnt compete with his contract, had we been able to spend to cap its a different story.
That is truly immaterial to the current scenario. With Lecavalier, St. Louis, and Malone eating into around $18 million starting 2011-12, and with the impending extensions for Stamkos, Hedman (2012-13) , and a dire need for a no.1 goalie (no, Roloson is way too old, even though he's good). Expect at least $13-15 million being taken up by the cap for the above three. So, with $30-33 million assigned to 6 players for the foreseeable 4 years, you think you'll have the cap-space to add Richards @$7 million a year for the same duration?

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote