HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise to The Wild

Old
02-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Actually we can. Quite easily, in fact. Lots of salary coming off the cap in the next two years.

You think they can give Zach a 100 million dollar contract?

Is that possible? Really

02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluske View Post
They can give him an even better contract than Kovy actually.
Explain.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:12 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Explain.
http://capgeek.com/

done.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
look at all the money that comes off the books next year and the year after. they are fine. this year was the only real "bad" year as far as the salary cap is concerned

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Thats not an answer. I hope thats not your real answer.

How do you give Parise the same deal as Kovalchuk?

Old
02-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
look at all the money that comes off the books next year and the year after. they are fine. this year was the only real "bad" year as far as the salary cap is concerned
Still have to build a team. How do they give him 100 million?

They don't. Lou asks Zach to take LESS for the team. That's what has to happen for him to stay.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
You think they can give Zach a 100 million dollar contract?

We're talking about two different things here. You're talking total value. We're talking about per year salary. The Devils can absolutely afford to give Parise a 3-5 year contract for $7 M per.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Thats not an answer. I hope thats not your real answer.

Of course it's an answer you're just too afraid to look at the cap situation because it disputes all of the dribble you've been posting. Arnott off the books for certain, Hedberg too. That's 7 million in cap space. Langenbrunner is already gone (another 2.5million) plus you have to include Parise's current salary (3? 3.5?).

If I really have to hold your hand and drag you through it here's what you might see if Parise is given over a 7 million cap hit.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.666m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m) / Patrik Elias ($6.000m)
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Travis Zajac ($3.887m) / Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m)
David Clarkson ($2.666m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Brian Rolston ($5.062m)
Rod Pelley ($0.550m) / Tim Sestito ($0.500m) / Vladimir Zharkov ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Matthew Taormina ($0.510m)
Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) / Alexander Urbom ($0.878m)
Colin White ($3.000m) / Andy Greene ($0.800m)

GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($5.200m) /Goalie #2 ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Jay Pandolfo ($0.833m) / Andrew Peters ($0.166m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,372,167; BONUSES: $310,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,027,833

Use the extra million for Larsson or RNH or Couturier etc.

That is also assuming Rolston isn't picked up for half his wages or even salary dumped. Then again, it's also assuming Parise wants as much as 7 million which is doubtful.

Either way you're still oblivious.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
We're talking about two different things here. You're talking total value. We're talking about per year salary. The Devils can absolutely afford to give Parise a 3-5 year contract for $7 M per.

Which is FAR less than the 100 mill they give Kovy. This is a game for us, a livelihood business for the players. We make it sound like 10 - 20 mill isnt alot of money, but in reality it sure is.

Devils - 4 years 7 mill - 28 mill

vs

The Kings 6 years at 7 mill - 42 mill

Would you walk away from 14 million dollars when your team just signed some other guy to a 100 million dollar contract and then they ask you to take a pay cut.

If this was any other business and your company hired some freelance hot shot and paid him more than twice what they offered you after they pretty much told you all along you were their guy chances are you are listening to the competitions offer.

Its just common sense.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:34 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Which is FAR less than the 100 mill they give Kovy. This is a game for us, a livelihood business for the players. We make it sound like 10 - 20 mill isnt alot of money, but in reality it sure is.

vs

Would you walk away from 14 million dollars when your team just signed some other guy to a 100 million dollar contract and then they ask you to take a pay cut.

If this was any other business and your company hired some freelance hot shot and paid him more than twice what they offered you after they pretty much told you all along you were their guy chances are you are listening to the competitions offer.

Its just common sense.
and if we match that deal? lol by that time Rolston, Elias, Zubrus, Brodeur, Tallinder, and White will have their contracts either terminated or signed for less. Do you honestly think you're winning this argument?

Old
02-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Of course it's an answer you're just too afraid to look at the cap situation because it disputes all of the dribble you've been posting. Arnott off the books for certain, Hedberg too. That's 7 million in cap space. Langenbrunner is already gone (another 2.5million) plus you have to include Parise's current salary (3? 3.5?).

If I really have to hold your hand and drag you through it here's what you might see if Parise is given over a 7 million cap hit.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.666m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m) / Patrik Elias ($6.000m)
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Travis Zajac ($3.887m) / Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m)
David Clarkson ($2.666m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Brian Rolston ($5.062m)
Rod Pelley ($0.550m) / Tim Sestito ($0.500m) / Vladimir Zharkov ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Matthew Taormina ($0.510m)
Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) / Alexander Urbom ($0.878m)
Colin White ($3.000m) / Andy Greene ($0.800m)

GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($5.200m) /Goalie #2 ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Jay Pandolfo ($0.833m) / Andrew Peters ($0.166m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,372,167; BONUSES: $310,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,027,833

Use the extra million for Larsson or RNH or Couturier etc.

That is also assuming Rolston isn't picked up for half his wages or even salary dumped. Then again, it's also assuming Parise wants as much as 7 million which is doubtful.

Either way you're still oblivious.

You need a dose of reality bro. I see the math on that roster but you have to give the guy a contract for more than a year.

How many years at 7 mill per? Show me how they structure that contract to equal Kovalchuks deal.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
and if we match that deal? lol by that time Rolston, Elias, Zubrus, Brodeur, Tallinder, and White will have their contracts either terminated or signed for less. Do you honestly think you're winning this argument?
Even if you matched that deal its still only 42 mill vs Kovalchuks 100 million.

I was being generous. Yea he could turn around and sign for 5 mill for 5 years but he could also listen to who wants to pay Him 7 mill for 10 years... 11 years

That's what Elite players are trying to do. That's what his agent will be looking for

Old
SlappyMcGee
=w=

Quote:

vs

Its just common sense.
If you're shortsighted...

Zach Parise has to assume, as a prideful athlete, that he's going to earn that money over the course of his contract. In fact, if he honestly believed in himself and the contract he was signing, he'd expect that he could make more in those last two contract years by signing a contract then (Since his value will be high when he reaches his peak in two years).

The point being, that twelve million is, while consequential, not necessary to the lifestyle of a professional athlete. Zach Parise doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who rolls through even a million dollars a year. If he wants to play for the Devils, he'll take whatever reasonable contract is offered to support his life and family.

SlappyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
You need a dose of reality bro. I see the math on that roster but you have to give the guy a contract for more than a year.

How many years at 7 mill per? Show me how they structure that contract to equal Kovalchuks deal.
well it doesn't matter about the structure since only the average cap hit that matters as far as cap trouble goes you dummy

Old
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Even if you matched that deal its still only 42 mill vs Kovalchuks 100 million.

I was being generous. Yea he could turn around and sign for 5 mill for 5 years but he could also listen to who wants to pay Him 7 mill for 10 years... 11 years

That's what Elite players are trying to do
you're a ****ing idiot. 27 million in CAP SPACE ALONE freed up by that 5th year and you think we wouldn't be able to sign him for longer? go look at the giant contracts that expire then BRO

Old
02-01-2011, 11:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlappyMcGee View Post
If he wants to play for the Devils, he'll take whatever reasonable contract is offered to support his life and family.
Wow.... for the Devils sake I hope Lou has a better plan.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
well it doesn't matter about the structure since only the average cap hit that matters as far as cap trouble goes you dummy
Structure doesnt matter? When do the Devils have to forfeit that FIRST round pick again? The one the NHL fined them for cheating when they tried to circumvent the cap with the Kovy deal. That was all over structure. They tried to cheat and got slapped. Structure matters and we are talking a difference of 10's of millions of dollars.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:47 AM
SlappyMcGee
=w=

Quote:
Wow.... for the Devils sake I hope Lou has a better plan.
lol. All I'm saying is that Zach is obviously going to field great offers and it's going to be up to whether or not he wants to play for the Devils. Obviously New Jersey can't offer him the biggest contract out there...

SlappyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

The Devils are not a poor team. Vanderbeek has repeatedly shown that he is willing to invest a lot of money in the team's success. The Kovalchuk contract alone shows that. Lou would probably be able to talk him into springing for Parise's contract if he doesn't already want to do it himself.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlappyMcGee View Post
lol. All I'm saying is that Zach is obviously going to field great offers and it's going to be up to whether or not he wants to play for the Devils. Obviously New Jersey can't offer him the biggest contract out there...
That's really all I've been saying. They can't match the contract they gave Kovalchuk. The MUST ask Zach to take less of a contract.

Players do care about this stuff. It's not crazy to think Parise would take more money and a fresh start on another promising team. He's an elite player and he'll have options.

1st step - file for arbitration

Old
02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Chariot: intentionally oblivious to everything we're saying who can neither deny the fact that we have enough cap space to re-sign Parise or the fact that we have millions upon million upon millions of dollars coming off the books as many long term contracts expire.

To avoid facing these facts he brings up contract structure in an attempt at diverting the subject into a battle about numbers and contracts of other members of the team who've already been accounted for in the initial two undeniable facts that we have the cap space and the money.

The end.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

This is a Parise to Minny thread, not a how much Zach will make and can the Devils afford him thread. Everyone should knock it off and start a thread just for that. This is bat **** crazy.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
That's really all I've been saying. They can't match the contract they gave Kovalchuk. The MUST ask Zach to take less of a contract.

Players do care about this stuff. It's not crazy to think Parise would take more money and a fresh start on another promising team. He's an elite player and he'll have options.

1st step - file for arbitration
You're assuming a couple things which may not be valid:

1) That Parise even wants to sign a "lifetime" contract and be locked in with the Devils for his whole career. Not every player is motivated by just money. Everything he has said, and just his attitude in general suggests that he wants to win above all else. I think Lou's biggest challenge in getting him re-signed is to convince him that he can win a Cup in Jersey. Parise might want to sign a shorter contract so that the Devils can convince him that they can win in that time.

2) That Parise is jealous of Kovalchuk's contract, and wants it matched to the letter. Again, not every player is motivated purely by money. I'm sure he wants to make good money, but he has to recognise that he will probably make around the same amount over his career, even if he doesn't get it all in one contract.

3) That Parise's only option if he doesn't get the Kovalchuk contract is to hold out for arbitration and go to UFA next season. That's the nuclear option. Most likely Lou and Parise will be able to negotiate something satisfactory to both parties, and arbitration won't be necessary.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
its pointless to respond to chariot because hes just a rangers troll who will never change his opinion

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Chariot: intentionally oblivious to everything we're saying who can neither deny the fact that we have enough cap space to re-sign Parise or the fact that we have millions upon million upon millions of dollars coming off the books as many long term contracts expire.

To avoid facing these facts he brings up contract structure in an attempt at diverting the subject into a battle about numbers and contracts of other members of the team who've already been accounted for in the initial two undeniable facts that we have the cap space and the money.

The end.

Right I bring up contract structure to divert the subject.

Contract structure cost your team a 1st round pick. How can you say it's irrelevant?

The Wild would have to take contract structure into account if they deal assets to the Devils for Parise. They would at least have a plan as to what they could offer to entice the kid to stay.