HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craig Rivet to Nashville

Old
02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Craig Rivet to Nashville

He would add roughly 700k. He is inthe doghouse in Buffalo, and shouldn't be too expensive. Would add a nice veteran with experiance and a guy that is tough as nails. I think he would be an improvement over Bouilon.

our 2nd and bouillon

or

a 3rd and a prospect

is that fair?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
He would add roughly 700k. He is inthe doghouse in Buffalo, and shouldn't be too expensive. Would add a nice veteran with experiance and a guy that is tough as nails. I think he would be an improvement over Bouilon.

our 2nd and bouillon

or

a 3rd and a prospect

is that fair?
If Rivet is a UFA I wouldnt dump Cube Id make it a pick/prospect deal and just have more depth at D, and anyway Bouillon is currently injured with a concussion so I doubt he'd be very marketable.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Soundgarden

I'd keep Bouillon, what we need is a veteran prescence on the blueline.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
4 of our current 6 are veterans with the other 2 being 2nd year players. How veteran do you want to be?

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
You mean like... Craig Rivet?

Rivet would be a massive upgrade on Bouillon, and while he would be a welcome addition, what I think we need is a puck-mover to pair with Klein. Pairing him with Bouillon effectively forces him to try to move the puck up the ice, and he ends up giving it away like Halloween candy. If we're not going to call up Josi, we should look at a guy like McCabe or Greene over Rivet.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Webersmashpuck

IMO our defense is set. We are one of the best teams at shutting down others and I would not want to upset the chemistry too much. Now I know Rivet would help set our offense up a little bit better but I would rather have a rental forward for any assets.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post

Rivet would be a massive upgrade on Bouillon, and while he would be a welcome addition, what I think we need is a puck-mover to pair with Klein. Pairing him with Bouillon effectively forces him to try to move the puck up the ice, and he ends up giving it away like Halloween candy. If we're not going to call up Josi, we should look at a guy like McCabe or Greene over Rivet.
Doh! I thought Rivet was a forward, I need to start watching more of the east.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:02 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:

I had thought about mccabe too, but I thought rivet was more affordable. mccabe is gonna cost one of the top d prospects and a pick....and he is hurt right now too.

Old
02-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I like Rivet, but I'd rather address offensive help before bringing in a defensive stay at home type.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Predsrule

Quote:

Was my first thought as well... does this mean we agreed on something!

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 09:46 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I like Rivet, but I'd rather address offensive help before bringing in a defensive stay at home type.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
Seems to me a solid 2way center is really the thing - someone to skate between Sully and JP/Svatos.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
OcAirlines

Rivet is really in the doghouse here in Buffalo, the original proposal is actually quite an overpayment. A 3rd/4th Round Pick OR a mid-tier-offensive-prospect should be more than enough, i even think Darcy would trade him for a 7th if no better offers come in .

Btw little german question: How is Sulzer doing so far? Not too much offense coming from him, but has he stepped up defensively?

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:28 PM
jlsg

Sulzer is holding his own. Not great but not making any bad mistakes either. Trotz has trusted him with some PK time and that speaks volumes.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
predfan24

When I think of Rivet I think of him in his MTL and Shark days where he was a solid 2nd pairing D-man. Haven't seen him much in Buffalo but his stats are meh and at 36 you have to wonder if his best days are behind him. How much of an upgrade of Boullion would he really be?

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:54 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I guess I was actually more penciling him into the 7th dman spot and help lead off the ice. I really like what sulzer has brought to the table. He moves the puck out of the zone and hasn't totally looked out of place on PP (not saying much I guess) He hasn't stepped into the easiest of situations either, being paired with klein against other teams top forwards. don't read that as a knock on klein. it is saying he has been matched against top competition, esp on the road trip where home teams do their best to avoid weber and suter.

Old
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
Seems to me a solid 2way center is really the thing - someone to skate between Sully and JP/Svatos.
I'm thinking the same. The team as a whole plays a solid defensive game I think using the money to add another secondary scoring center or winger, will impact the club alot more than adding a depth defenseman, and in turn is better money management.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 04:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
I'm thinking the same. The team as a whole plays a solid defensive game I think using the money to add another secondary scoring center or winger, will impact the club alot more than adding a depth defenseman, and in turn is better money management.
this is probably true IF Cube is going to be healthy again and full strength soon.

If not, Trotz would probably like a veteran for some depth heading into the playoffs, thought maybe not one that costly, money wise.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 01:03 PM
adaptation

Rivet is really not what he was back in montreal and sharks days. He got a surgery if i recall well, and well since he's really slowed down. Big guy so thats always going to be good for him(especially compared to someone like bouillon), but the energy isen't there as much, especially compared to francis.

Fix Offensive lines. Trying to fix nashville defense is a little bit like saying boston needs more depth in goaltending.

adaptation is offline   Reply With Quote