HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salak made his SEL-debut

Old
09-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Raymones

vCash: 500
Salak made his SEL-debut

As a fan of Färjestad, I earlier promised to check in from time to time to give you guys some info on how Salak is doing. I don't know if it deserves its own thread, feel free to move it to wherever you want.

First: Salak has had a so-and-so preseason, leading up to him being the #2 goalie up until now. The first three games of the SEL he had to watch from the side.

This Saturday he got his first start (vs. AIK) and answered by posting a SO. To be honest he didn't have to work very hard for it, as AIK only managed 17 shots, but I thought he looked very solid. What struck me was his coolness and ability to be in the right position, making every save look easy.

He did make one very nice kicksave, and it can be seen here (I'm not sure it's available for you guys though) The save is 1:55 in:

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?c...d=246693982209

So, off to a good start, and I'm looking forward to seeing him play again. I'll be back..

His stats so far:

1GP 17 saves 100%SVP

Last edited by Raymones: 09-27-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Thanks for the update. I always thought he had starter potential in the NHL if he were just coached appropriately.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Raymones

You're welcome. Does the link work?

Old
09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralldog View Post
You're welcome. Does the link work?
Thanks!

Yeah the link worked, pretty sick save, but yeah, you can tell he didn't have much action.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:11 PM
ursavolta

nice to see salak started his season well, felt sorry for him after kinda being "pushed" out of his position with the cats..

thanks for the info

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Raymones

Salak got his second start last Saturday, when his team Färjestad played against Modo. After the SO in his debut, he was supposed to play the following game, but had to nurse a minor upper body injury.

Back in net he made another great game, and was just a minute away from posting his second SO. He faced more shots this time, saving 27 of 28. Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the game myself, but reports in local media are very positive. He also gets much credit from his goalie coach, who says Salak put in great work and already made signifant progress since arriving.

You can watch highligts from the game here (Färjestad in dark jerseys):

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?c...d=265406817281

Note: Salak doesn't even play in his own gear, as his are getting custom made in the US, and hasn't arrived yet. If I understand the situation correctly, he had to get new gear due to team sponsors.

His stats so far:

GP: 2
SAVES: 47
GA: 1
GAA: 0,5
SP: 97,78

Old
10-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralldog View Post
Salak got his second start last Saturday, when his team Färjestad played against Modo. After the SO in his debut, he was supposed to play the following game, but had to nurse a minor upper body injury.

Back in net he made another great game, and was just a minute away from posting his second SO. He faced more shots this time, saving 27 of 28. Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the game myself, but reports in local media are very positive. He also gets much credit from his goalie coach, who says Salak put in great work and already made signifant progress since arriving.

You can watch highligts from the game here (Färjestad in dark jerseys):

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?c...d=265406817281

Note: Salak doesn't even play in his own gear, as his are getting custom made in the US, and hasn't arrived yet. If I understand the situation correctly, he had to get new gear due to team sponsors.

His stats so far:

GP: 2
SAVES: 47
GA: 1
GAA: 0,5
SP: 97,78
Thanks for the update man! I definitely appreciate it and look forward to him keeping up this level of play.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:22 AM
FlaPanthers7

Wow, this is really good, especially considering he would have taken a back seat to Markstrom in Rochester this year.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Raymones

Salak has played three more games since my last post. Färjestad seems to have become a win-one, lose one team. Salaks play however, is not the reason for this:

In his third game, Fäjrjestad came out sleeping, and after just six minutes were down 3-0.. Salak should maybe had a couple of those, but as you can see from the highlights, the team really hung him out to dry... After the horrendous start, Salak shut the net. The team could not fully recover and lost 4-2 after an empty netter. He ended with 3 goals allowed on 17 shots

Highlights here: http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?c...d=270086942721

His fourth game was really solid, as Färjestad beat the reigningchamps HV71 4-1. Salak stopped 37 of 38 shots, and was without chance on the HV goal.

Highlights here (Färjestad in dark jerseys): http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?c...d=273249816577

His fifth game was a hard fought game against last years runner up, Djurgården. Both goalies were really good as Djurgården came out with a 2-1 victory. Salak saved 15 of 17 shots.

Highlights here (Färjestad in dark jerseys):http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?c...d=275867203585

With five games played, Salak has posted following, very impressive numbers:

5 GP 3W 2L
SVS: 110
GA: 7
GAA: 1.41
SVS%: 94,02

Last edited by Raymones: 10-12-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old
10-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Raymones

I forgot to add that Salak ranks second in SVS% (after Fredrik Norrena) and third in GAA.

If you like to check out his stats you can follow this link:

http://www.hockeyligan.se/index.php?estat=start

Press "spelarstatistik", then "målvaktsstatistik"

Old
10-12-2010, 11:36 AM
RainingRats

thanks

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:06 PM
SouthSwe

Long time since last update I see.

Salak has now played 11 games in Färjestad, 8 of them wins, with a save percentage of 94,08%.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/index.php?estat=start (hope it's available for non-swedes to check out aswell).

SouthSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:13 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
Long time since last update I see.

Salak has now played 11 games in Färjestad, 8 of them wins, with a save percentage of 94,08%.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/index.php?estat=start (hope it's available for non-swedes to check out aswell).
He's doing well! He obviously has talent based on his torrid pace for the first half of last year. I think he can be an NHL goalie but he has some work to do. He needs a good goalie coach to help him get there, which is fine. Hopefully he isn't written off as a prospect just because Markstrom is a higher end/flashier prospect. For all we know, Markstrom may take longer than we expect in the minors and not be ready for 3 seasons+ (completely normal) so it's plausible Salak could make the Panthers before Markstrom if he comes back over to N.A. Obviously this is an outside possibility, no doubt, but Salak and Markstrom are the two guys who IMO have starter potential. Other than that, Chevy is a wildcard and Plante IMO will make the NHL as a backup/tweener one day.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
SouthSwe

Salák is in the voting for save of the week. He got 3 saves on the list of total 6.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/index.php?article=5771

He made another sick save this week but it isn't on the list of some odd reason.

(hope the link works for NA-viewers).

Old
11-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
Salák is in the voting for save of the week. He got 3 saves on the list of total 6.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/index.php?article=5771

He made another sick save this week but it isn't on the list of some odd reason.

(hope the link works for NA-viewers).
I guess he's playing well?

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:37 AM
SouthSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
I guess he's playing well?
He had 94% for a long time before the game 2 days ago where he let in 6 goals, but he had no chance on 4-5 of those goals.

He has been superb all season, and u have to remember that his equipment were lost on the way to sweden so he has only played about 1-2 games with the right ones.
And at the same time he has the same goalie coach(Erik Granqvist) as the monster had, so he is changing his play alot, and still had 94% before last game, with is unbelievable.

Watched his training with Granqvist the other day, and boy are they working hard and thorough. This year will help him alot and maybe he will go the same way Jonas Gustavsson did.

Old
12-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Coog

Salak went out with a shoulder injury the last game and will not play the remaining games untill the Christmas break. Hope it isn’t serious.

The way he have been playing it would feel really good having him in the net come play off time. We (Färjestad) are leading the table right now and I don’t think we would have with out Salak. I like that kid a lot. He’s fast, athletic and read they plays really good.

A bit unorthodox at times but hey, he gets those pucks and that’s whats counting, right?

Coog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 04:35 PM
SouthSwe

Salák got a match penalty last game at home vs Timrå. In the final minute of the game, being down 2-4 he punched a Timrå player in the face with his blocker.

I was standing right behind the glass were it happened and it made my day Real boring game otherwise.

http://www.hockeykanalen.se/1.197079...k_mot_svensson

Hope it's available for non swedes.

Old
01-09-2011, 06:36 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

He drilled the guy was there a reason or was he just mad they were losing.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

If Markstrom and Salak are ever a tandem, they will come in 2nd all time for PIMs among goalies lol. Hextall will always hold the record though.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:41 PM
SouthSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
He drilled the guy was there a reason or was he just mad they were losing.
The team had played very ***** lately and as they were losing that game also, Salák went mad

Today Salák made a new club record for us. Having made 6 shutouts in a season.

http://www.youtube.com/user/studioFB.../0/Qf5NR3lzKsU

His spotted at 1.38, 1.47 and his speech at 2.33