HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs roar back to beat caps in s/o

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Career high 25 wins for carey.

montreal all time record is 42. not dryden, not roy either, but plante.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
MXD

There are many reasons to be mad at Scott Gomez, but tonight's game isn't one of them.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I understand the Subban roughing penalty but what about Ovechkin's blatant tackle right before? It was like an NFL move.
Reminds me "the spear" of The Edge.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Gally11

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/314238.html

Subban and Ovie were apparently having a laugh about the hit and Ovie asked him not to hit him back too hard

Old
02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Craig71

On the struggles of the Caps this year, Ray Ferraro mentioned the fact that with the emergence of Tampa and Atlanta this year it has taken away many of the easy southeast division points that the Caps got last year, they are very poor defensively and are a total mess in my opinion. I think they have been the most over hyped team in this league, they are not a serious contender and will not go far in the playoffs again this year. I also think for the most part that the teams in the NHL have figured out how to play Ovechkin and he does not know how to change his game and has looked very average all season long.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
On the struggles of the Caps this year, Ray Ferraro mentioned the fact that with the emergence of Tampa and Atlanta this year it has taken away many of the easy southeast division points that the Caps got last year, they are very poor defensively and are a total mess in my opinion. I think they have been the most over hyped team in this league, they are not a serious contender and will not go far in the playoffs again this year. I also think for the most part that the teams in the NHL have figured out how to play Ovechkin and he does not know how to change his game and has looked very average all season long.
Agreed 100%. Last year before the playoffs I was praying we'd meet them in the first round. Their coach is a cheerleader at best.

Also says a lot about defensive and systemic hockey and why it works if you ask me. It may be boring, but it wins you games.

They have bigger, better players than the Habs, definitely more purely offensively talented players than we do, but we always hold our own against that team. That is because of our system and coaching imo. We do have the edge in nets though.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
On a different note, Will Ferrell has to play the role of Ben Rothlesberger in a movie.
where's this coming from? and absolutely.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
sheed36

Solid road game and a well deserved 2 points from the Habs tonight..

The only negative for me tonight was the non existent PP again.. That needs some work still..

Old
02-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

I love it when we win

Tired, but happy

Old
02-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Solid road game and a well deserved 2 points from the Habs tonight..

The only negative for me tonight was the non existent PP again.. That needs some work still..
They have good movement, problem is it takes them forever to enter the zone and set the damn thing up and they rarely get second and third chances before the zone is cleared.

Cammalleri will help when he comes back, but another big body sacrificing his ribs along with Pacioretty would help.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Habs 1909

Does anyone who watched the game on TSN remember Ferraro's quote where he described Gill as a canoe?

Old
02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
where's this coming from? and absolutely.
I have much of this left, well at least the stuff that therapy and medication has not erased. (Saw him interviewed on TSN during a post)

Old
02-01-2011, 11:31 PM
un_lavalois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Reminds me "the spear" of The Edge.

What's with all the Wrestling themes in their arena? lol, I know I heard Jack Swagger's song, I also heard Miz's and I wasnt even paying that much attention to the music so I'm sure I missed more

Old
02-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
Does anyone who watched the game on TSN remember Ferraro's quote where he described Gill as a canoe?

Yeah heard that. Would've been better if he called him and aircraft carrier though.

The USS GILL.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
I do, he said that Hal Gill lying across the net was comparable to a canoe in front of Carey Price. He also spoke of Gills paddle.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I also thought he had a great game. Only downside is the fact that he is now the 6th dman on the team, because that what his icetime suggest lately.
if that's what it takes for Spacek to play at that level, I think it's worth it. he is playing some nice hockey when not getting big minutes, plus he seems like a great guy to have on a team. No way anybody hates on him if he continues to do this.

Last edited by Nedved: 02-01-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old
02-01-2011, 11:42 PM
sheed36

I was just looking at the boxscore from tonight's game and Weber played a little over 19 minutes.. IMO the kid is looking pretty good right now defensively and hopefully he can start getting a few PP points soon..

Wiz led in TOI with 24:59 and PK had 24:31..

Old
02-01-2011, 11:44 PM

reading comments on the main board...seeing how Subban gets boo'ed on opposing rinks, I really have to wonder what the hell the kid has done to make people hate him so much?

lol

I really don't get it...

Old
02-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
reading comments on the main board...seeing how Subban gets boo'ed on opposing rinks, I really have to wonder what the hell the kid has done to make people hate him so much?

lol

I really don't get it...
Why do we boo Chara, Briere etc? Because they are good, dangerous and make us jealous that we don't have them

Old
02-01-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Why do we boo Chara, Briere etc? Because they are good, dangerous and make us jealous that we don't have them
I don't think anyone was booing Chara or Brière after 48 career NHL games...

Like i've said before, the hate is irrational...I don't understand it

Old
02-02-2011, 12:00 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I was just looking at the boxscore from tonight's game and Weber played a little over 19 minutes.. IMO the kid is looking pretty good right now defensively and hopefully he can start getting a few PP points soon..

Wiz led in TOI with 24:59 and PK had 24:31..
Powerplay time with not much to show for it. Needs to improve especially since the PK has taken a hit.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
I don't think anyone was booing Chara or Brière after 48 career NHL games...

Like i've said before, the hate is irrational...I don't understand it
Its a sign of jealousy and respect. Its a known fact that the Canadiens are a hated organization by other teams fans and even players. Thus, whenever we have someone valuable he will get hated on.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
if that's what it takes for Spacek to play at that level, I think it's worth it. he is playing some nice hockey when not getting big minutes, plus he seems like a great guy to have on a team. No way anybody hates on him if he continues to do this.

Especially if he play on the same level as last year in the playoffs.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:

lol

I really don't get it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Don't think it's that. As good as he has been for us, he isn't getting Crosby-jeers in opposing rinks. I mean, if he were playing for another team against the Habs I wouldn't boo him but I'd boo Chara.

It's simple to me: People are booing him because they've been told to. Not just by the idiots of the world (Don Cherry, Mike Richards), but by the media that made those viewpoints into actual stories.

Why was Subban's celebration against Calgary a point of contention? You see that a dozen times a year, but this time it got an inordinate amount of coverage. Everything PK does is put under the microscope because it can lazily be turned into a controversial story by just adding a little innuendo.

"I have no problem with it, but some people don't like it." Who are these people?

"He doesn't show respect on the ice." What does he do, exactly?

"He mouthes off a lot." What does he say?

Nobody will have answers to these questions because there are none. Sure, some fans will hate him for a legitimate reason like Rangers fans and the slew foot. Others will grasp onto anything they can because they feel they should hate him but aren't quite sure why, like Pens fans believing he intentionally sliced Staal's tendon.

It just is what it is now. People who don't even hate him now will one day see him play and just feel the urge to hate him because he checked their favorite player, or got a slashing penalty. They'll laugh when he turns over the puck because they can then assure themselves he's overrated. They'll yell "shut up!" whenever they see him talking to a star on the ice.

All because a senile old xenophobe and a good ol' Canadian head hunter were given their soapboxes and the media ran with it.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:08 AM
FF de Mars

Houde : "Le jeune Vèbère", Brunet : "le défenseur Véber", Houde : "le jeune défenseur suisse", while every single other player gets his name without an adjective to preceede, and the Caps Fans constantly yawning just behind the players' bench, had me .

Closed Thread