HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #53 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #53 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
Artem Anisimov 9 9.78%
Brian Boyle 1 1.09%
Ryan Callahan 13 14.13%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 2.17%
Henrik Lundqvist 6 6.52%
Brandon Prust 47 51.09%
Michael Sauer 1 1.09%
Derek Stepan 2 2.17%
Wojtek Wolski 5 5.43%
Mats Zuccarello 3 3.26%
Other 3 3.26%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If we won in the shootout I'd wager a lot of people would be singing a different song.

Bad loss, average effort, all we can do is hope they start playing for real and we stay in the playoff picture.
Meh, not really. I expected nothing else than a W in regulation tonight when it was clear that both Malkin and Crosby would miss the game.
1 point is better than 0 obviously, but this was dissapointing. We had a 2-0 lead as well, ya know. ****** ****** loss.

Oh well. They better win against the Devs...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
I wasn't impressed by any of those wins. 3 of them were shootout wins and the Van game was 1-0 classic "rely on henrik to not let in a goal" rangers. They followed up that van game with 2 big losses. some statement.
why shouldnt a team rely on its best player? isnt that why he's your best player?

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Mike Rupp fought through MDZ, and buried a rebound. Cally couldn't put one in an empty net, even if he was being tripped up.

2 Goal swing.

Also the call on Newbury was complete ********.
Meh. Borderline, but I could see why the ref would call it. His elbow went into the head of Fleury, hard to tell with the speed of the game if it was intentional or not.

Either way, I had no problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We're up 2-0 and Prust loses a fight. We then are down 3-2 in the blink of an eye.

I'm not saying it was a cause or even a contributing factor, but I don't get fighting a bigger guy with a bum shoulder while up 2 goals. Thats not "smart" hockey.
I thought the exact same thing WHILE he was fighting. Everytime that happens, I think back to 2009 when Talbot fought Carcillo in the playoffs, and they came back from a 3-0 deficit to take the series. Fights can give a team a ton of momentum, and this proves it even more. Also, that goal by Jeffrey was deflating.

02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

My bold prediction for Thursday; Drury, not Newbury is scratched and the Rangers dress 3 "A"s. Cally, Prospal, and Staal.

Not likely to happen but just something I envisioned.

02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
why shouldnt a team rely on its best player? isnt that why he's your best player?
It should - but not to do everything.

A lot of good that kind of play has gotten this team in the past

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
NYR

I agree with all of your points but at the same time the highest paid goalie needs to make the save. He's gotten caught with his pants down way to many times for the last year +. He doesn't stay square to the shooter. He was a much better goalie when he played deeper in the net imo

NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
My bold prediction for Thursday; Drury, not Newbury is scratched and the Rangers dress 3 "A"s. Cally, Prospal, and Staal.

Heavenly Father? Is that you?

:pray:

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR View Post
I agree with all of your points but at the same time the highest paid goalie needs to make the save. He's gotten caught with his pants down way to many times for the last year +. He doesn't stay square to the shooter. He was a much better goalie when he played deeper in the net imo
The problem is that the deeper he plays in the net the more prone he is to deflections.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
It should - but not to do everything.

A lot of good that kind of play has gotten this team in the past
thats true i hate when the team relies on hank and decides not to show up but they played a solid game against vancouver

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

The biggest reason we lost was because of the PP. You cant go into the playoffs and expect to win games with a horrible PP. We need a legit PPQB. We need someone who knows what to do w/ the puck. Kaberle would of opened up the ice for Gaborik, Wolski etc. I would really like if we traded for him or get someone with a hard shot atleast.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
The problem is that the deeper he plays in the net the more prone he is to deflections.
I would agree in most cases but that is what's gotten him to this point. He wasn't giving up nearly the amount of bad goals as he is now.

NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Blue Line Monster

I think it's as simple as setting up Gabby to shoot on the PP. It was working well last year...now he's always on the wrong side. And if he gets any open space he tries some stupid one-handed deke that never works.

Just shoot it Gabby, it led to one goal tonight.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Janerixon

Quote:

Not after Newbury's penalty... he was basically glued to the bench after that. Plus Torts has Drury on to lose every defensive zone faceoff we have these days, why I have no idea? Drury actually wasn't that bad tonight, he wasn't good but wasn't as bad as he has been except he lost a bunch of defensive zone draws. Newbury will not play vs the devils.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Not after Newbury's penalty... he was basically glued to the bench after that. Plus Torts has Drury on to lose every defensive zone faceoff we have these days, why I have no idea? Drury actually wasn't that bad tonight, he wasn't good but wasn't as bad as he has been except he lost a bunch of defensive zone draws. Newbury will not play vs the devils.
He was 67% on faceoffs tonight.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:37 PM
NYRangers09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
The biggest reason we lost was because of the PP. You cant go into the playoffs and expect to win games with a horrible PP. We need a legit PPQB. We need someone who knows what to do w/ the puck. Kaberle would of opened up the ice for Gaborik, Wolski etc. I would really like if we traded for him or get someone with a hard shot atleast.
Seconded. Its just sad to watch a power play that is so crappy. Especially wen i don't really understand why we cant even gain the zone. I don't think that we completely lack the talent to gain the zone but rather it is the fault of the coaches. Adding a Kaberle would be amazing for our PP and i think it is pretty clear that a solid PP can always be a huge difference in a game.

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:44 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

Yep, not likely to happen especially since Drury had a solid game, or at least I thought he did. Drury being a healthy scratch isn't that far away though.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

So zuccarello is human after all..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:49 PM
lbrowne

I would have rathered Eminger in the lineup tonight over DZ.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:20 AM
trueblue35

Guess the Rangers didn't get the memo to shoot glove side high aka maf's weak side in the shootout.

trueblue35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:21 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

POTG: Gotta go with Anisimov.
The Good: Getting Cally, Dubi, and Girardi back and secondary scoring.

The Bad: PP stinks and some laziness in the D-Zone. Prust who I love should not have fought but he's given the Rangers so much this year so it's all good in the grand scheme of things.

The Ugly: Newbury's penalty. I know he plays tough and I find it amusing how much he likes to fight and start stuff, but that was just trying too hard.

Other thoughts: Fell partially prey to the "Trap Game" Take the point and run and don't come out lazy against a Devils team that has found it's groove lately.

Also as far as the playoff race, yeah Washington and Atlanta are struggling for the bottom 3 spots but I truly believe that Montreal is going climb and win their Division while Boston will fade. The later team is too sedate. Carolina's going to get in for sure.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
It seemed like Marc-Andre Flower had the Rangers scouted for the shootout, and none of the Rangers had him scouted. Brandon Prust was the player of the game for NY, Flower for Pitt. I'm hoping Drury is a scratch next game as well, not sure I believe in it, but my fingers are crossed.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
He was 67% on faceoffs tonight.
Anyway to find out how many he won in the defensive zone? Saw he lost 3, I am sure all 3 of them were in the defensive zone. Also that stat is pretty deceiving considering there was no Crosby and Staal was thrown out of the game. Dubinsky won 15 and lost 4 and Anisimov won 4 and lost 2, but we managed to give up 2 goals off defensive zone faceoff losses.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I would have rathered Eminger in the lineup tonight over DZ.
I completely agree, I really hope he plays against the devils.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:47 AM
asparkoflife

I dont think Gaborik played badly to be honest. He created some chances and makes that Anisimov goal happen.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Blazephr

Prust is the reason we lost the game. we were up 2 zip, he had no business dropping the gloves. Pens scored 3 straight after the fight. Gotta be smarter than that.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote