HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Wild - 2/1/11 - Postgame THOUGHTZZZzzzzzzzz

Old
02-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Tadite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
At least when Crawford was here, this team was entertaining to watch.

Murray is plain pathetic.

Dude.... we scored the same amount of goals with Crawford as coach and had a horrifically bad defense....

Honestly... complain about something that actually existed.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I make it a point to never make jokes about the dead, but that's just me.
Yea... that wasn't cool.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM
SMoneyMonkey

You know it's a bad game when our two best forwards are a defenseman and a rookie (Doughty and Loktionov). Bernier looked like the highly touted prospect that he is.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... I have a little something to say, and this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but you know who you are.

Time after time, so many people here have lamented the fact that other teams are getting loser points, and calling out the Kings for not taking teams to OT and at least salvaging something out of each game.

So, tonight, the Kings go out on the road, face a team that played excellent defense and had excellent goaltending - and they extend the game to OT and get a point. And yet, 90% of the comments about the game are negative.

What is it that you guys want? DO you even know what you want? Or are you just complaining to complain and only happy when you're unhappy?

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
People complain just to complain sometimes. I mean honestly, those of you clamoring for a LW do know that A) there aren't many available out there and B) those that are are held by teams that are in no big hurry to help the Kings and because of that, the asking price is higher than normal. There is no deal to be made out there. There is no magical LW that is going to come in and fix this team's scoring. The Kings need to man up and get **** done themselves.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I have a little something to say, and this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but you know who you are.

Time after time, so many people here have lamented the fact that other teams are getting loser points, and calling out the Kings for not taking teams to OT and at least salvaging something out of each game.

So, tonight, the Kings go out on the road, face a team that played excellent defense and had excellent goaltending - and they extend the game to OT and get a point. And yet, 90% of the comments about the game are negative.

What is it that you guys want? DO you even know what you want? Or are you just complaining to complain and only happy when you're unhappy?
Dude, you nailed it. This is a game in which the Kings of a couple weeks ago give up a GW goal in the last few minutes of the third then lose in regulation. The Wild play a stifling, boring system. The game was a yawner, but the Kings picked up a point and remain unbeaten in regulation in four games straight.

i think Murray made a mistake starting Bernier but inthe end I look like the moron as Bernier got the shutout.

**** it, I'm fine with that. They can't win every game but if they get a point in most of the ones they lose then they will be fine.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Tadite

Good posts JT Dutch, Reaper45, and SLang. I can't say anymore. Right on point as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'm going to get a nice glass of whiskey and listen to the gigantic blizzard outside.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Bandit

Quote:
What is it that you guys want?
A goal would have done nicely.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
So what injured player recovering from a major injury is out there for Lombardi to acquire to pass off as a scoring winger?

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Jetteroheller

I want Brown not to be one of our shooters in the shootout

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post

That would be acceptable.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Can we trade Brown for Parise?

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Not really sure how to say this because it was a boring game featuring two teams who obviously had a week off, but good game?

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:04 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

1 point is just fine with me.

There's nothing to critique in that game. Two teams with feet full of lead. The Kings were the road team. They can play boring hockey and feel great about it. How the Wild can submit their fans to 5 men back behind their blue line to start their games off 41 times a year is another story.

I'm happy the Kings are getting points out of every game. That's what they need to do. Look at the impact of tomorrows game if the Kings lose in OT vs. regulation: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...fic/Kings.html - even one point is hugely significant vs. a regulation loss.

On to tomorrow where we will thankfully see a much higher tempo game.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
ShattStar03

Quote:

Amen brother.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
You can never be content with a loss, but I am glad the Kings took it to overtime rather than losing in the final minutes of the third. Onto the next game...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Orenji

Sharks beat Coyotes 5-3 in regulation.

Now 2 points behind them and 4 behind Coyotes (with game in hand).

Ducks/Sharks play tomorrow.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:42 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Dude.... we scored the same amount of goals with Crawford as coach and had a horrifically bad defense....

Honestly... complain about something that actually existed.
I'm on record as being a Murray supporter but the offense has been terrible for 30 games. The majority of the goals game in the first 20 games. Since then the Kings have been a disaster. If the Kings don't make the playoffs are you still going to give the offense credit for 20 games of high scoring play?

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:45 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Why was Murray ****ing with the lines again all game? Jesus Christ, let the team develop some chemistry.

That is all.

At least the Kings got their second loser point. Both to the Wild.
This bothered me to no end... The lines the Kings started with came out and had some jump and as soon as Murray started playing around it all went south and the Kings got caught on their heels.

Bright spot to all the tinkering was honestly Richie and Simmonds need to play together more. Both really seem to compliment eachother well and with someone like Zeus with they were really the only line that was able to get decent pressure all night. Loki sadly had probably the best game I've seen him play yet, and I still don't think he belongs in the NHL. He's far too weak on the puck in the corners and Kopi kept having to help him out along the boards which prevented him from doing much of anything tonight. He really needs to be in the AHL and putting on some weight but there's just no other option at this point...

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:58 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
How many King fans who watched the game tonight thought Brown would score on his shootout attempt?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:13 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
People complain just to complain sometimes. I mean honestly, those of you clamoring for a LW do know that A) there aren't many available out there and B) those that are are held by teams that are in no big hurry to help the Kings and because of that, the asking price is higher than normal. There is no deal to be made out there. There is no magical LW that is going to come in and fix this team's scoring. The Kings need to man up and get **** done themselves.
I agree and I think most of the people around here are just very unrealistic.

Had DL signed Kovalchuk, things probably wouldn't be any different right now, and I just wonder what the complainers would say then.

As for Murray, he gets no credit when the team has success, and all the blame when it fails.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:16 AM
s3machine*

Minnesota is the only team I know that plays a ****ing road game in their own building..

What a pathetic game.. If i was in attendance I would feel insulted.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:21 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

The more I watch this team the more I realize last years playoff achievement was a total fluke. We belong right were we are, fighting it out with Calgary...

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:28 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
The more I watch this team the more I realize last years playoff achievement was a total fluke. We belong right were we are, fighting it out with Calgary...
for a playoff spot?

i mean, if it's a total fluke, wouldn't we be fighting with edmonton and new jersey or something?

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:28 AM
s3machine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
were like what.. 4 or 5 points behind last years pace? .. at most?

Do you even know what you are talking about?

They have points in 4 straight now.. like it or not.. this is the kind of hockey that this team is going to need to play the rest of the way.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote