HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge IX

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?

Seriously.

A little over a week ago I started coming down with a cold, no biggie and after a day and a half it seemed like it was getting better. Then late afternoon on day 3 my head exploded with flem as did my chest. I coughed myself broken, sneezed myself dizzy then came the fever and aches that felt zhidy.

All kidding aside, I have been running a 101+ fever for the last 4 days pretty much all the time and even when it does go down the couching make me want to take a knife my throat and cut the old lazy suzan. I think I could live long enough to squeeze out whatever the hellp is in the that is killing me.

No sleep.

All cough killers are made out of high fructose corn syrup which only makes you couch more and then they are nasal decongestants which means that your draining flem into your throat from your nose while your medicine is trying to keep you from coughing which is just purely retarted.

If anyone has *ANY* suggestions, home remedies etc you will never not ever be held accountable if any harm comes to me. I have tried super 3 and the codine meds but I am mildly allergic so I can only take so much before I get even sicker.

Any help would be angelic.

Thanks
I sympathize with your situation, I just got over strep throat myself. The body aches are TERRIBLE and make it very difficult to sleep. The doctor gave me penicillin which seemed to help speed up the recovery.

All you can really do is drink a lots of water, and if you can eat, try healthy stuff as much as possible. Fruit, vegetables, oatmeal ect.

One thing that really helped my throat feel better was making fruit smoothies. Try blending together bananas, strawberries, and ice. You can also take a citrus fruit (Orange, Lemon) squeeze out the juice, mix it with hot water and honey. It makes kind of a citrus tea that is very soothing to the throat.

Old
02-01-2011, 05:32 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I've had the same bout of Bronchitus for the last 2 months, so I understand the feeling.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:15 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I ended up in the emergency today and it turns out to be double pneumonia. Thanks for the suggestions and I am going to start with blending up some fruits tomorrow and will definitely give the citrus tea a go, sounds good and thanks again for the suggestions and the kind words.

Holygrail, I don't think I could handle two months of bronchitus, you got steel moxy I can tell you that. Best of luck with it and I hope you get past it soon.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
There is nothing a doc can do

It's a virus. Body aches= virus

I have something similar right now but not as bad

TG: Drink a ton of water

Lysine has anti-viral qualities
http://www.vitaminsdiary.com/amino-acids/lysine.htm

For the phlegm, get some Mucinex D
Thanks for the advice LBFF.

Turned out to be double pneumonia (had to make a trip to the eroom).

That Mucinex D stuff really works? I will have to check it out.

Lysine, do you mean in a tincture or in tablet form? I will give it a go.

I am avoiding your cat pics, all I need is to get a look at a funny one while I am coughing and I know a lung will pop out of my mouth.

Thanks again

Old
02-02-2011, 12:20 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
I ended up in the emergency today and it turns out to be double pneumonia. Thanks for the suggestions and I am going to start with blending up some fruits tomorrow and will definitely give the citrus tea a go, sounds good and thanks again for the suggestions and the kind words.

Holygrail, I don't think I could handle two months of bronchitus, you got steel moxy I can tell you that. Best of luck with it and I hope you get past it soon.
If you're lazy like me you can buy one of these from Starbucks:

It's called a "Vivanno." It comes in different flavors, but I prefer the strawberry banana. It feels amazing on a sore throat and is actually pretty healthy. No added sugars or anything.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

Pneumonia was the first thing I thought of, I've had it before, it sucks. Glad you went to seek real professional care, especially if it had spread to both lungs, there were serious risks involved. Get rest and feel better.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Dude.. coming off of the worst cold ever. I guess maybe it is the flu?

Day 1 (last Monday) - Feel a little scratchiness in throat after a long weekend.
Day 2 (last Tuesday) - Feel pretty much normal. I do 3 miles of running after work
Day 3 (last Wednesday) - Wake up feeling very weak and tired. Mild scratchiness back in the throat and sinuses ache.
Day 4 (last Thursday) - see Wednesday add in some serious draining of the sinuses
Day 5 (last Friday) - draining continues and I leave work early. Get home and the weak/tired feeling is increasing. I fall asleep at 8pm Fri and wake up 10am Saturday (14 hours of sleep!)
Day 6 (Saturday) - Sinuses are a little better. All in all, just very weak and tired. Dayquil does nothing to me. This usually tweaks me out. By night time I feel a warmth come over my body and I feel better.
Day 7 (Sunday) - Normal energy level but now I've developed a persistent dry cough that becomes painful as night time comes.
Day 8 (yesterday) - feeling good except for dry cough which has become very painful. Cough drops don't work.
Day 9 (today) - coughing has gone down quite a bit. Still not 100% but feeling much better.

The only thing I can suggest is try taking some Zinc. Somebody suggested that. It may or may not have helped but I was taking 25 mg (half a pill) every two hours 4-5 times a day from Saturday on. that is when I started to feel better. Could be coincidence, though. I also was drinking lots of water and orange juice for breakfast.
BE CAREFUL.

Your timeline sounds allot like mine with the exception that the cough became a body bending death rattle that just wouldn't stop long enough for me to catch my breath.

Today at the emergency my doc told me that North America is held tight in the grip of this one and it is the biggest flu season in awhile. Living in the bitter cold a flu bug can turn to pneumonia in an instant and that is what happened to me. Be careful.

Zinc huh? I will get some tomorrow. I drink PH water and tons of it, have been for awhile and it at least is excellent water. I will keep it up.

Thanks again and like I said, be careful and take it very easy.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:32 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Pneumonia was the first thing I thought of, I've had it before, it sucks. Glad you went to seek real professional care, especially if it had spread to both lungs, there were serious risks involved. Get rest and feel better.
Thanks Telos.

Yep, I'd almost rather die than go a doctor and this time just about proved myself right.

They gave me a couple bags of fluid, some antibiotics and horsepill motrin for the 104 fever and it made a big difference.

I will be right as rain in no time.

Thanks again.

Old
02-02-2011, 09:56 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?

Seriously.

A little over a week ago I started coming down with a cold, no biggie and after a day and a half it seemed like it was getting better. Then late afternoon on day 3 my head exploded with flem as did my chest. I coughed myself broken, sneezed myself dizzy then came the fever and aches that felt zhidy.

All kidding aside, I have been running a 101+ fever for the last 4 days pretty much all the time and even when it does go down the couching make me want to take a knife my throat and cut the old lazy suzan. I think I could live long enough to squeeze out whatever the hellp is in the that is killing me.

No sleep.

All cough killers are made out of high fructose corn syrup which only makes you couch more and then they are nasal decongestants which means that your draining flem into your throat from your nose while your medicine is trying to keep you from coughing which is just purely retarted.

If anyone has *ANY* suggestions, home remedies etc you will never not ever be held accountable if any harm comes to me. I have tried super 3 and the codine meds but I am mildly allergic so I can only take so much before I get even sicker.

Any help would be angelic.

Thanks
Quote:
Thanks Telos.

Yep, I'd almost rather die than go a doctor and this time just about proved myself right.

They gave me a couple bags of fluid, some antibiotics and horsepill motrin for the 104 fever and it made a big difference.

I will be right as rain in no time.

Thanks again.
You are having a rough patch of health there TG. Wish you the best.
One of our goalies went down with pneumonia and has been out 5 weeks.
Take it slow. Wouldn't have helped with the cure, but I swear by those "Airborne" tablets when I feel a cold or flu coming on. They seem to cut the symptoms down significantly. About 3 weeks ago, I went through the bad cold thats going around. I got over it in half the time everyone else did.

Take it easy and get better soon.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:08 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
You are having a rough patch of health there TG. Wish you the best.
One of our goalies went down with pneumonia and has been out 5 weeks.
Take it slow. Wouldn't have helped with the cure, but I swear by those "Airborne" tablets when I feel a cold or flu coming on. They seem to cut the symptoms down significantly. About 3 weeks ago, I went through the bad cold thats going around. I got over it in half the time everyone else did.

Take it easy and get better soon.
Thanks, I really do appreciate the kind words.

Yes, its been a ruff patch lately that is for certain but I think it is just my turn. I am typically healthy as a horse. It took until this year to find out that I am not invincible, if this is 48, I am not looking forward to 49 and 50 sounds iffy too!

I am absolutely going to use those airborne from now on. I haven't anything but positive things about them.

Thanks again and best to your goalie.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
fyrescorp

I really sympathize with all of you. I'm laid up in bed with a cough that makes me feel like lung tissue is coming up. Body aches, the whole deal. NHL live is the only good part. Coughing is the absolute worst ever...

Zoolander is on, things are looking up

Old
02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 413

Old
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
BE CAREFUL.

Your timeline sounds allot like mine with the exception that the cough became a body bending death rattle that just wouldn't stop long enough for me to catch my breath.

Today at the emergency my doc told me that North America is held tight in the grip of this one and it is the biggest flu season in awhile. Living in the bitter cold a flu bug can turn to pneumonia in an instant and that is what happened to me. Be careful.

Zinc huh? I will get some tomorrow. I drink PH water and tons of it, have been for awhile and it at least is excellent water. I will keep it up.

Thanks again and like I said, be careful and take it very easy.
Yeah I'm now on Day 10 and I still have the cough but it isn't nearly has painful as it first was. I also actually have some chest congestion deep in my lungs that doesn't budge when I cough. Overall,i don't feel too bad. It is just the cough.

I've taken this opportunity to try and quit smoking for good. I haven't smoked a cigarette in over a week so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I stick with it.

Old
02-02-2011, 04:17 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Ive never smoked but lots of buddies and family members have and some still do. Keep up the good hard work on that friend and just take it minute by minute. My brother kicked them after a 20yrs and he can be a pretty lazy guy so if he can do it you can do it for certain.

Just be honest with yourself and make it a battle of will power and you'll make it in the end. Remember to take it easy to man, that tightness in your chest sounds like how mine turned too.

Feel better.

Old
02-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Just be honest with yourself and make it a battle of will power and you'll make it in the end.
that is exactly how i stopped smoking, too. i didn't smoke for that long, but i just kept telling myself that i was the one in control, and that i could quit if i really wanted to. it's almost as if i made it an ego thing; i was almost offended that my body would think it could control me more than i could....if that makes sense, haha.

in any case, keep up the good fight. and TG, hope you feel better soon!

Old
02-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

I quit smoking cigarettes in 1996. The #1 reason I never started back up was having to quit again.

My advice to my Elven friend: you've gone over a week, quit for good.
Next time you really need a cig, may be huff some paint or model glue

In all seriousness. You can do it put your back in to it!

Old
02-03-2011, 02:21 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

http://www.thebig4festival.com/

Old
02-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

The condo management finally got someone to clear out all the snow so we could leave the garage (there was an 8 foot snow drift blocking it)

Will feel nice to be able to go out tomorrow for the first time since Tuesday morning.

Sometimes I miss South OC

Old
02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
DeeMeck

Kurtis Foster article on TSN is a definite eye opener.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352286

Old
02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Shellz

Why is Modern Family so goooooooooooood.

Old
02-03-2011, 08:33 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Why is Modern Family so goooooooooooood.
Maybe because the gay couple's house (at least where they shoot it) is right across the street from where I live. But it is true.

According to the notice left on our gate yesterday they are shooting more scenes tomorrow morning.

Old
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Maybe because the gay couple's house (at least where they shoot it) is right across the street from where I live. But it is true.

According to the notice left on our gate yesterday they are shooting more scenes tomorrow morning.
Get me some autographs.

Please.

Old
02-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I've quit smoking for long periods of time (over a year a couple times) before and I've wanted to stop for a while now but I think this time, I was really hooked and it was going to be a lot harder mentally. I told myself I'd make a good push next time I got sick and so far, so good.

Last time I stopped for over a year until New Years came around. Most people try and quit smoking on New Years but I bought a pack while I was in Vegas, came home with the extras and was right back off the wagon.

Old
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
onlyalad

Daryl doing his bit for charity

http://www.burbankleader.com/tn-gnp-...3.photogallery

Old
02-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I've quit smoking for long periods of time (over a year a couple times) before and I've wanted to stop for a while now but I think this time, I was really hooked and it was going to be a lot harder mentally. I told myself I'd make a good push next time I got sick and so far, so good.

Last time I stopped for over a year until New Years came around. Most people try and quit smoking on New Years but I bought a pack while I was in Vegas, came home with the extras and was right back off the wagon.
So you are still nicotine free?

Closed Thread