HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs roar back to beat caps in s/o

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2011, 11:16 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eli J
Who's got heart? Habs got heart..

We won because I wore my Cammalleri jersey to work today

Old
02-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Jigger77

Doubt it.

If [Subban] wasn't a Hab though he'd be a hero.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-02-2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Mod edit.
Old
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Boardish

Spacek has been playing really well since being on his good side.

He played an AWESOME defensive game tonight. I hope he can keep that pace.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:33 PM
The Right Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Wiz in the shootout? Seriously Martin? Bet i'm not the only one who had a 'wtf' moment.
Nope, I was like "why o why don't you put Plekanec, Deshairnair or Pacio..." .. So yeah, lolz to Martin. Nice win though. Good to get it on the right track straight away.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Spacek has been playing really well since being on his good side.

He played an AWESOME defensive game tonight. I hope he can keep that pace.
Yeah there was one sequence in particular there where he broke up a 2 on 1 and had a huge hit a bit later on. Basically reduced a very dangerous Caps situation to nothing on his own. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Nope, I was like "why o why don't you put Plekanec, Deshairnair or Pacio..." .. So yeah, lolz to Martin. Nice win though. Good to get it on the right track straight away.
You do realize he came extremely close to scoring right? He certainly didn't look bad. Martin tried something different and it just about payed off. At least he's willing to try different things out.

BTW he picked Gionta first too. But yeah, don't give him credit for that or anything.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-02-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old
02-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Doubt it.

If [Subban] wasn't a Hab though he'd be a hero.
He'd be booed if he were a Flyers or Penguins.

The guys has an in-your-face, cocky style, and has superstar written all over him.
If he wasn't an in-your-face type, he wouldn't get booed. That's the only reason why.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-02-2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: mod edit
Old
02-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Had Price not stopped Ovechkin, Plekanec was scheduled to be the third shooter, so I don't really see your case made.

Wiz may not have been the best choice, but kudos to him for putting Gionta out there first. What a sweet move he made, and an absolute beast tonight.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
I love it when we win

Tired, but happy
I read '' fo der win '' in your avatar, is that what it meant?

or just darwin remark, about him not being evolved?

Good roadgame

Old
02-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Jedrik

I can't wrap my head around the Wiz selection. I don't really agree with a D-man in the shootout in general; guy spends 95% of his offensive zone time at the blueline. I guess if he had scored it would've looked like a brilliant psychological fakeout in caoch vs. goalie. In fact, he did almost score.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_lavalois View Post
What's with all the Wrestling themes in their arena? lol, I know I heard Jack Swagger's song, I also heard Miz's and I wasnt even paying that much attention to the music so I'm sure I missed more
Adding to that, not sure if it's still the case this year, but a few seasons ago, the music before the opening face-off was Triple H's theme.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:13 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He'd be booed if he were a Flyers or Penguins.

The guys has an in-your-face, cocky style, and has superstar written all over him.
If he wasn't an in-your-face type, he wouldn't get booed. That's the only reason why.
I don't believe this to tell you the truth. He's not the only player who plays with this style. He gets booed everywhere. Hell, even Max didn't get that treatment.

I think some of the boos are racially charged...not all of course.... but to quickly dismiss it is delusional.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
reading comments on the main board...seeing how Subban gets boo'ed on opposing rinks, I really have to wonder what the hell the kid has done to make people hate him so much?

lol

I really don't get it...
Me either... Like clockwork there's a PK Subban thread on the main board here every night the Habs play it seems..

Why doesn't someone just sticky a PK thread there and call it something like "All PK Subban Haters.. Come on in.. All PK Subban talk here" and be done with it..

Old
02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I can't wrap my head around the Wiz selection. I don't really agree with a D-man in the shootout in general; guy spends 95% of his offensive zone time at the blueline. I guess if he had scored it would've looked like a brilliant psychological fakeout in caoch vs. goalie. In fact, he did almost score.
Kris Letang says hi.

Lots of coaches use defensemen in the shootout. There are tons of examples.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-02-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old
02-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Darth Joker

PK gets booed because, to his credit, he goes after the top guys on other teams. He goes after the Crosbys, the Richards, and the Ovechkins. He doesn't back down, or show extra respect, to anyone.

Now, when fans see an opposing player go after one of their superstars like that, then that will get him boos. Period. End of story.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-02-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old
02-02-2011, 01:09 AM
LesHabsRock

Wisniewski now with 13 pts in 14 games with the Habs. He was -18 in his 32 games with the Isles and is even in his 14 games with the Habs.

Old
02-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Wisniewski now with 13 pts in 14 games with the Habs. He was -18 in his 32 games with the Isles and is even in his 14 games with the Habs.
I was happy when we got him even though 80% of what knew of him was his booming shot. We couldn't really have asked for more.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:10 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Let this be a warning to all of you. Racial debates aren't tolerated. I realize it was not the intent of the posters, but this is a hockey forum, discuss the game, not the racial implications of player X. I believe I don't need to expand on that, if anyone has any objection, you can PM me. Thank you.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:11 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Let this be a warning to all of you. Racial debates aren't tolerated. I realize it was not the intent of the posters, but this is a hockey forum, discuss the game, not the racial implications of player X. I believe I don't need to expand on that, if anyone has any objection, you can PM me. Thank you.
Sounds good to me.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:22 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

when i saw Wiz in the SO i had a flash memory of that 'wtf' goal from Souray a few years back.

thought for sure he was gonna fake a slapper and go in for a deke. what he pulled almost worked though.

Old
02-02-2011, 05:36 AM
bentheprop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Career high 25 wins for carey.

montreal all time record is 42. not dryden, not roy either, but plante.
Dryden was 42-10-8 in 75/76.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=1447

Edit: Plante did manage it twice though.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/records/regular_goalies

Last edited by bentheprop: 02-02-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old
02-02-2011, 05:39 AM
jamz

O captain my captain

Old
02-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Teufelsdreck

If the Caps continue to play like this the Habs could pass them in the standings. Without the injuries the "if" becomes a near certainty.

Old
02-02-2011, 06:39 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Don't think it's that. As good as he has been for us, he isn't getting Crosby-jeers in opposing rinks. I mean, if he were playing for another team against the Habs I wouldn't boo him but I'd boo Chara.

It's simple to me: People are booing him because they've been told to. Not just by the idiots of the world (Don Cherry, Mike Richards), but by the media that made those viewpoints into actual stories.

Why was Subban's celebration against Calgary a point of contention? You see that a dozen times a year, but this time it got an inordinate amount of coverage. Everything PK does is put under the microscope because it can lazily be turned into a controversial story by just adding a little innuendo.

"I have no problem with it, but some people don't like it." Who are these people?

"He doesn't show respect on the ice." What does he do, exactly?

"He mouthes off a lot." What does he say?

Nobody will have answers to these questions because there are none. Sure, some fans will hate him for a legitimate reason like Rangers fans and the slew foot. Others will grasp onto anything they can because they feel they should hate him but aren't quite sure why, like Pens fans believing he intentionally sliced Staal's tendon.

It just is what it is now. People who don't even hate him now will one day see him play and just feel the urge to hate him because he checked their favorite player, or got a slashing penalty. They'll laugh when he turns over the puck because they can then assure themselves he's overrated. They'll yell "shut up!" whenever they see him talking to a star on the ice.

All because a senile old xenophobe and a good ol' Canadian head hunter were given their soapboxes and the media ran with it.
Well said!

The only time Subban should react to anything is when it affects his relationship with his own team mates. By all accounts and from what I have seen they all seem to like PK and get along with him so the rest of the league can go...themselves.

He was really good yesterday with OV trying to get him off his game. He improves all the time.

Old
02-02-2011, 07:12 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Well said!

The only time Subban should react to anything is when it affects his relationship with his own team mates. By all accounts and from what I have seen they all seem to like PK and get along with him so the rest of the league can go...themselves.

He was really good yesterday with OV trying to get him off his game. He improves all the time
It's PK who got OV off his game more than the other way around.

I really liked Subban's 1 on 1 against Ovechkin in the 3rd. To stand against the full might of his 230 lbs when you are barely 200, musn't be easy.

Old
02-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
We sucked the first period but we dominated the other two periods.. but this match felt alot like the series last year.
I thought we outplayed them in the 1st. The Perreault goal was a bad one by Price and the other was on a nice set up. We hit a post and missed 3-4 other good chances. I thought we could ahve easily been up 2-1 after the first or at least tied.

Closed Thread