HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phil Kessel

Old
02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrKO28 View Post
Your top 6 would look something like this with Phil in there:

Cammy-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kessel

Kessel>Kostitsyn

Kessel is better then Gionta

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Canuck and Bills Fan

Wow this thread survived and took a direction I never imagined… As for me being a Troll I understand how that came off I again attacked Kessel. I understand the argument that he is not playing with any true top 6 NHL forwards. I also understand the argument that his production would probably have top 3 stats playing with better players. However I don’t believe that would be the case right now my point is he does not look like a professional athlete especially on the All Star stage beside all that amazing talent he looked like a tired regular schmuck! When he is interviewed or any footage of him he looks more like a coach than a player for a 23 year old he looks like he is pushing his mid 30’s. It may be the pressure of playing in the big market of Toronto it may be the pressure of being traded for a package that dictates a top 4-8 player in the NHL and needing to live up to that in the leagues largest market. It would be like Lebroun was being traded to the Nicks after putting up crazy numbers his first 2 years in the league. I don’t think Kessel is the personality that can handle all that pressure. Hence why I am asking what people think his value is at. Of course Toronto fans still think he’s still a potential top 5 NHL player but what do other fans value him at right now? I know as a Canucks fan watching him play now only about a dozen times this year salary aside I don’t think he would fit in our top 6 given the shape he appears to be in. Last year around this time near the end of the year I would have said the exact opposite. Now I know its just an All Star game but all this talk that he needs to play with better players but being one of the only guys to really have motivation out there to make an impact I only noticed him once or twice on Sunday and I am not sure if that was in a positive light. Now I am not a Toronto hater I do believe that the Leafs being good is GREAT for the NHL but I do think Kessel’s value needs to be evaluated and he needs a swift kick in the butt. I hope Toronto gets better soon and thought Kessel was a step in the right direction and it is bad for the NHL that this player has taken a steep in the wrong direction. Hate away boys!!!

Canuck and Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:05 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck and Bills Fan View Post
Wow this thread survived and took a direction I never imagined… As for me being a Troll I understand how that came off I again attacked Kessel. I understand the argument that he is not playing with any true top 6 NHL forwards. I also understand the argument that his production would probably have top 3 stats playing with better players. However I don’t believe that would be the case right now my point is he does not look like a professional athlete especially on the All Star stage beside all that amazing talent he looked like a tired regular schmuck! When he is interviewed or any footage of him he looks more like a coach than a player for a 23 year old he looks like he is pushing his mid 30’s. It may be the pressure of playing in the big market of Toronto it may be the pressure of being traded for a package that dictates a top 4-8 player in the NHL and needing to live up to that in the leagues largest market. It would be like Lebroun was being traded to the Nicks after putting up crazy numbers his first 2 years in the league. I don’t think Kessel is the personality that can handle all that pressure. Hence why I am asking what people think his value is at. Of course Toronto fans still think he’s still a potential top 5 NHL player but what do other fans value him at right now? I know as a Canucks fan watching him play now only about a dozen times this year salary aside I don’t think he would fit in our top 6 given the shape he appears to be in. Last year around this time near the end of the year I would have said the exact opposite. Now I know its just an All Star game but all this talk that he needs to play with better players but being one of the only guys to really have motivation out there to make an impact I only noticed him once or twice on Sunday and I am not sure if that was in a positive light. Now I am not a Toronto hater I do believe that the Leafs being good is GREAT for the NHL but I do think Kessel’s value needs to be evaluated and he needs a swift kick in the butt. I hope Toronto gets better soon and thought Kessel was a step in the right direction and it is bad for the NHL that this player has taken a steep in the wrong direction. Hate away boys!!!
So now you take issue with his appearance?? Really?

The Sedin's have massive foreheads. They look more like botched science experiments than hockey players. Trade them! Let's do a value of the Sedins thread because it must be the pressure of playing in Vancouver that's causing their heads to grow ubsurdly large or stunting the growth of the rest of their faces...

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Momesso

Quote:
Seeing Kessel`s point production right now and his mediocre performance so far this year I am wondering what value you would offer Toronto for Kessel right now? I am betting at least 90% of all NHL teams would not trade a single first round pick for Kessel right now.It was no shock he went last at the All Star game he was the worst player available. He did not look like a professional athlete I thought he was a contestant on Pros VS Joes. So would any NHL teams would offer Toronto a first for him! Would he even be a top 6 player on 50% of NHL teams right now Vancouver says NO!!! He would not play in the Canucks top 9 right now.

The above does not reflect the view of this Canuck fan. Kessel would most certainly slot in right beside Kesler in our top 6.

There is no point to this incendiary thread.

Momesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:14 AM
Canuck and Bills Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
So now you take issue with his appearance?? Really?

The Sedin's have massive foreheads. They look more like botched science experiments than hockey players. Trade them! Let's do a value of the Sedins thread because it must be the pressure of playing in Vancouver that's causing their heads to grow ubsurdly large or stunting the growth of the rest of their faces...
Wow you think I am picking on his apperance I am stating he does not look like he is in top shape to be a top NHL player. Which I think he very well could and should be I am making a vallid point for a 23 year old who in no way looks like a HEALTHY 23 year old no matter what his proffesion is. Arn't you at all concernd this might be the reason he is not your top scorer look at the facts and stop trying to dodge the topic you putz!

Old
02-02-2011, 02:16 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

And another contestant for "Canucks fan next to get banned from hf" takes a commanding lead on the rest of the field. Way to be an embarrassment, Bill.

Obvious troll thread is obvious.

And yes, Kessel would be right beside Kesler on the Canucks' 2nd line.

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Canuck and Bills Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post

And another contestant for "Canucks fan next to get banned from hf" takes a commanding lead on the rest of the field. Way to be an embarrassment, Bill.

Obvious troll thread is obvious.

And yes, Kessel would be right beside Kesler on the Canucks' 2nd line.

Last year in march HELL YES your right but not right now I would not want him beside Kesler. He has the potential to be a top 6 guy for sure hell I think he has the potential to be a top talent in the NHL I thought it was a great idea when Burke got him I thought the price was high but I thought he has super star abillity. But this year it is gone to the waste side and how can you not admit that I don't get it.. You should watch more Leaf games than I do!

Old
02-02-2011, 02:20 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Wow you think I am picking on his apperance I am stating he does not look like he is in top shape to be a top NHL player. Which I think he very well could and should be I am making a vallid point for a 23 year old who in no way looks like a HEALTHY 23 year old no matter what his proffesion is. Arn't you at all concernd this might be the reason he is not your top scorer look at the fact and stop trying to dodge the topic you putz!
And what in your mind makes a player "look like he is in top shape to be a top NHL player"? Heck, what in your mind should a "healthy 23 year old" look like?

This is what a healthy 23 year old top NHL player looks like.

Did this guy look like a future president of the united states?

Quote:
[/B]

Last year in march HELL YES your right but not right now I would not want him beside Kesler. He has the potential to be a top 6 guy for sure hell I think he has the potential to be a top talent in the NHL I thought it was a great idea when Burke got him I thought the price was high but I thought he has super star abillity. But this year it is gone to the waste side and how can you not admit that I don't get it.. You should watch more Leaf games than I do!
I think everyone is admitting that you don't get it. Kessel is a top talent in this league and he shows it every night on the ice, whether you want to believe it or not.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:20 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

Quote:
[/B]

Are you even old enough to post here?

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:27 AM
Canuck and Bills Fan

Quote:
And what in your mind makes a player "look like he is in top shape to be a top NHL player"? Heck, what in your mind should a "healthy 23 year old" look like?

This is what a healthy 23 year old top NHL player looks like.

Did this guy look like a future president of the united states?

I think everyone is admitting that you don't get it. Kessel is a top talent in this league and he shows it every night on the ice, whether you want to believe it or not.
I guess in your mind Ovy is one of the top 2 players in the leauge this year as well... Many guys you respect in the buiss would say no to that statement.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:32 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
I guess in your mind Ovy is one of the top 2 players in the leauge this year as well... Many guys you respect in the buiss would say no to that statement.
Ovy hasn't been one of the top 2 guys in the league this year, that belongs to Stamkos & Crosby. He's still one of the best forwards in the game despite lacklustre production. The guys in the "business" have an ability to evaluate talent and see where guys are just going through rough strings associated with the game of hockey.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:54 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternatively View Post
This Thread:
found your house:

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 03:08 AM
ManoWarrior

Leafs fans should stop overrating him so that he can officially be underrated.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 06:48 AM
T M L
Next Season?

Quote:
Seeing Kessel`s point production right now and his mediocre performance so far this year I am wondering what value you would offer Toronto for Kessel right now? I am betting at least 90% of all NHL teams would not trade a single first round pick for Kessel right now.It was no shock he went last at the All Star game he was the worst player available. He did not look like a professional athlete I thought he was a contestant on Pros VS Joes. So would any NHL teams would offer Toronto a first for him! Would he even be a top 6 player on 50% of NHL teams right now Vancouver says NO!!! He would not play in the Canucks top 9 right now.
Wow! You for real. Delusional Canucks fan...

Kessel not a top 6 player on 50% of NHL teams. Lmfao troll a little more why don't you.

You are aware that kessel went 1st round lottery 5th overall right... He is more skilled than Kesler but just happens to play for a garbage team in Toronto full of AHL players. Give Kessel a legit top C and he scores 40+
easy.

Kesler went 23rd, Kessel 5th. I hope Toronto gets a real team and then Kessel would light it up.

Last edited by T M L: 02-02-2011 at 06:54 AM.
T M L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Wow! You for real. Delusional Canucks fan...

Kessel not a top 6 player on 50% of NHL teams. Lmfao troll a little more why don't you.

You are aware that kessel went 1st round lottery 5th overall right... He is more skilled than Kesler but just happens to play for a garbage team in Toronto full of AHL players. Give Kessel a legit top C and he scores 40+
easy.

Kesler went 23rd, Kessel 5th. I hope Toronto gets a real team and then Kessel would light it up.

I'd rather have Kesler over Kessel any day of the week.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 07:56 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I'd rather have Kesler over Kessel any day of the week.
Kesler in his 7th year should finally break 30 goals. ...Kessel broke 30 in his 3rd season

who you would rather have depends on the team you have ...if you had zero offense like the leafs, you'd rather have Kessel, if you had tons of scoring like Vancouver, Kesler is a much better option.

for example:
the Pens would more than likely take Kessel over kesler since they have Staal as their Kesler, and need a sniper

while the Caps would take Kesler over Kessel because they have enough snipers, but, nobody who can play like Kesler

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 08:06 AM
pspot

IMO Kessel still being so young I wasn't sure if he'd be more like a St Louis (complete player that makes everyone else around him better) or something closer to a Havlat.

At this point he's looking more like a Havlat type player - solid 1st line but best suited as a scoring threat on the second line getting him away from the other teams top pair. A lot like how Havlat was with the Sens

He'd have to make huge strides in terms of effort and complete his game in order to be anywhere close to a StLouis. Whether this comes from having better line-mates I'm not sure but most elite players don't rely on others, usually visa versa.

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Kesler in his 7th year should finally break 30 goals. ...Kessel broke 30 in his 3rd season

who you would rather have depends on the team you have ...if you had zero offense like the leafs, you'd rather have Kessel, if you had tons of scoring like Vancouver, Kesler is a much better option.

for example:
the Pens would more than likely take Kessel over kesler since they have Staal as their Kesler, and need a sniper

while the Caps would take Kesler over Kessel because they have enough snipers, but, nobody who can play like Kesler
Actually I'd still rather have Kesler on any team, no matter who was on it. He's way more valuable besides scoring goals. He's a Selke type forward who has good offensive ability, he makes others around him play better and his intangibles and leadership are of better pedigree also. Phil only brings his one trick pony. Defense, leadership and other critical intangibles are skills he completely lacks.

Old
02-02-2011, 08:14 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
Kessel would be on the top 6 for almost every team in the league. Your delusional if you think teams wont give up a 1st. And this would and should get locked because it's an obvious troll post.

N.J
N.Y Rangers
N.Y islanders
Boston
Buffalo
Montreal
Ottawa
Atlanta
Carolina
Florida
Tampa Bay
Washington
Columbus
Detroit
Nashville
St.Louis
Calgary
Colorado
Edmonton
Minnesota
L.A
Phoenix
S.J

He would be on all these teams top 6.
Of all teams how can you forget Pittsburgh

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Of all teams how can you forget Pittsburgh
Inaccurate facts? Poorly constructed list?

Old
02-02-2011, 09:36 AM
ReggieDunlop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Actually I'd still rather have Kesler on any team, no matter who was on it. He's way more valuable besides scoring goals. He's a Selke type forward who has good offensive ability, he makes others around him play better and his intangibles and leadership are of better pedigree also. Phil only brings his one trick pony. Defense, leadership and other critical intangibles are skills he completely lacks.
Does anyone else think that Kesler and Kessel would actually be a really good fit playing together? Not that it would ever happen...

ReggieDunlop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
He wouldnt be top 6 in MTL

Patches-Gomez-Gionta
AK46-Pleks-Cammy

Unless we have an injury, he wouldnt be playing there unless he replaced Gionta or Cammy...which is highly unlikely. We have enough small underproducing players.

Im sure he could fetch a top 10 pick.
He has more points than all of those wingers. Cammallerri is very comparable to Kessel and Gionta is the captain and much more gritty than Kessel but Kostitsyn and Pacioretty aren't even good. Pacoretty has some potential but Andrei is brutal.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:08 AM
svat

i hate the leafs and constantly make fun of phil THE THRILL but even i can admit he is a top 6 player on like 27 of 30 teams. Dallas is the only one off the top of my head that he probably wouldn't play in.

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:12 AM
T M L
Next Season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
In Kessels first year he scored 36 goals, second year 30 goals. So ya, 20 years old with 36 goals in his first season, he really sucks.

Kesler is not in his level and much older.

Heres hoping that Brian Burke makes some trades and gets some real talent for Kessel to play with.

T M L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
You should check to see some of the talents that come from the top 10.
Yeah and you should check the standings last year and this year, no bottom dweller team is gonna repeat Bukes mistake and trade a valuable top ten pick for a winger that clearly doesnt make that team better if they dont have a lot of talent to begin with.

Look at the bottom ten teams, lets see if theyd trade their 1st for Kessel. Anyone jump in and correct me if you think they would.

NJD...No, already have Kovy
EDM...Nope, rebuild
NYI...No, again rebuild.
OTT...No
TOR...
FLA...No, rebuild
CLB...Who knows
STL...Maybe
Buff...No, already have Vanek.
CGY...Maybe

The point is, I doubt anyone is gonna trade a top ten pick for a player that is one dimensional, and clearly didnt help the team in a similar position to them if theyre picking top ten.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote