HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ekland says Brad Richards to Boston

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Another rumor that won't happen! Would be sweet to add Richards, but just doesn't make any sense for Dallas to move him

Old
02-02-2011, 10:12 AM
8thRoundPick

If Dallas knew Richards will not be returning, then trading him is good asset management - with that said, you also don't want to remove yourself from a possible cup run, so you'd want a signed, legit top 2 center in return, and a pick/prospect to sweeten the deal.

For Boston, they've possibly lost Savard for the season, and could very well be looking to add a rental at the center position. Offering Krejci and a mid-level defensive prospect would be a decent offer, but would Boston do it? Not sure. Boston does have a glut of centers / center prospects, and even without Savard (IF he retired, for example) and Krejci they can field a good lineup next year;

Bergeron
Seguin
Wheeler
Campbell

Those four all are / can play center, then you have the prospects who could push for a spot next year;

Colbourne
Arniel
Hamill
Sauve

If Savard comes back, Wheeler goes back to Wing. If he doesn't, Wheeler plays C and Caron would definitely be given a spot on the roster (he played great in his call up this year).

To Boston: Brad Richards
To Dallas: David Krejci & Jeff Penner

Old
02-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Christ

Eklund is getting lazy. This deal makes little to no sense for either team. Dallas is not moving Richards with the playoffs in reach and I doubt that Boston would be willing to give up the ransom it would take to land a center, a position that they are very deep in even without Savard.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

I'd like to see him just once site a source. Just once....

Old
02-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Adversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
So was scrolling through Hockeybuzz and Ek'land reports that Boston is trying to clear space for lol... yup Brad Richards.

The reason of this thread is not so much to defimate Ek'land (so no need to flame on that trolls) but out of curiosity, forget the cap (space could be cleared), forget the fact that the Dallas wont trade him while in the playoff race(more then likely) forget the rumor is from hockeybuzz.

What would it take, if he was on the block to move him to boston?

Payment + Replacement + Filler?
Toronto's 1st + Krejci + Stuart?
Anyone else feel like putting everyone who posts this crap on their ignore list?

Old
02-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Flowseidon
Compton

If eklund told me I was gonna take a dump today I still wouldnt believe him

Old
02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 870
I wish I could have a job based on making shot-in-the-dark guesses and still be somewhat successful despite being wrong 95% of the time.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:58 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Why do you guys keep going on his site?

Old
02-02-2011, 11:04 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

He is double Krejci's salary, older, and a rental. I wouldn't deal Krejci straight up.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
He is double Krejci's salary, older, and a rental. I wouldn't deal Krejci straight up.
Agreed. But.......

Any deal like this would only be worth it if we re signed him, and what happens when Savard comes back next year, we dont trade Krejci, Bergys still there, we just re signed Richards, and we have two of the best center young players/prospects in the game (Seguin, Colborne) in the pipeline.

I'm not saying we have a slew of center depth anymore, but thats an aggregious amount of centers lol.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Johnsie19

Eklund is a turd

Old
02-02-2011, 06:15 PM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post
Penner doesn't bring anything to the organization, it would have to be a Kampfer, Bartkowski, Alexandrov
I would not have an issue with either Bartkowski or Alexandrov. Kampfer has been a pleasant suprise, and I would be hesitant about moving him.

Old
02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
Why do you guys keep going on his site?
Probably because there are no other juicy rumours out there, so any talk is better than no talk (and forget proposals, seriously).

Old
02-02-2011, 06:29 PM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Agreed. But.......

Any deal like this would only be worth it if we re signed him, and what happens when Savard comes back next year, we dont trade Krejci, Bergys still there, we just re signed Richards, and we have two of the best center young players/prospects in the game (Seguin, Colborne) in the pipeline.

I'm not saying we have a slew of center depth anymore, but thats an aggregious amount of centers lol.
Very good point. The Bruins would do their homework, and if it looked like Richards could be kept here long term then this trade works out very well. Also, with Thomas playing out of his mind this season, this may be the window of opportunity to bring in some elite talent and make a really strong push for the cup.

Old
02-02-2011, 07:01 PM
nmbr_24

I always wonder if Eklund says to himself, "I haven't been hearing from many people from Boston, it's time to stir something up"

Being a Bruins fan, I just don't see how a trade like this would happen. I don't see Chiarelli giving up a player like Bergeron or Krejci for a guy who will be an UFA and I don't see Dallas wanting to move Richards at all, especially when they are doing so well. I see dallas wanting to re-sign him.

Old
02-02-2011, 07:12 PM
finchster

If there was any way to have Richards signed before he was traded, I would trade Krejci for him. Richards is a legit first line center, Krejci is a maybe first line center. With Savard's career up in the air and his effectiveness as well, aquiring a high end first line guy does make Boston deep at center again, not two second line guys. Richards is also a playoff stud

But Eklund means it won't happen

Old
02-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Well this is headed nowhere.

Closed.