HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canuck Top Prospects

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM
  #1
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Canuck Top Prospects

What will your team give up to obtain any of these Canuck Top Prospects. Please keep in mind, Canuck needs ( top 6 forward to play w. Kesler, top 4 d-man, 4th line Centre)..Also dont forget about the cap, which can be tough because everything is dependant on when Salo and Edler comes back. Thanks and please keep it respectful.


Cody Hodgson- Former CHL player of the year

Jordan Schroeder- All time Team USA leading Assist and Points Leader at WJC

Anton Rodin- If you havent seen or heard of him you will in the next 2 years. he has blazing speed, top penalty killer and plays the half board on the power play. here's some highlights ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSCwF-F2rME

Shirokov- AHL all star, 25 yrs old, offensively gifted but cant crack the top 6 in Van

Kevin Connauton- WHL 1st team All star Dman, All-time Vancouver Giants single season points and goals by a Dman

Eddie Lack (goalie)-22 yrs old, 6'4 , very under-rated and under the radar as last year he played as Marskstrom's backup in the SEL..AHL this year 15-10 , 1.98 GAA, .929 SV%, this guy will be Luongo's backup if and when Schneider gets traded next season.



Please note im not intending to say the Canucks are willing to move any of these prospects but if the right player comes back that can bring the Canucks over the edge to win the cup then im sure Gillis will part with any of these players..

Trades are for this season not the off-season which is why i didnt include C. Schneider and Tanev on the list as the Canucks see them as important players in this years run for the cup.


Last edited by carlweezer*: 02-01-2011 at 03:28 PM.
carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:13 PM
  #2
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,510
vCash: 500
Any interest in Penner or Hemsky?

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
  #3
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
Any interest in Penner or Hemsky?
Penner would be nice, big and young, very slow but if he played with Kesler and Raymond they can off-set that. Obviously his contract will be the barrier.

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:16 PM
  #4
hefsbeaver
Registered User
 
hefsbeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
I really do not think that the canucks need another top 4 d-man.....if we moved any of those assests it would be to give us a player to play with Kess, and then you would have to look at the cap and it probably would not work.

As for penner or hemsky I could see us showing interest in Penner but really do not think a trade between the two would work

hefsbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:16 PM
  #5
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 24,042
vCash: 500
Shirokov doesn't have much value but the rest could get decent returns. Given the market for Goalies Nucks would probably be better off holding on to Lack.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
  #6
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
Any interest in Penner or Hemsky?
how insane would would their potential be if Hodgson was traded to play with Eberle, Hall, Magnus


Hodgson and Eberle tore up the WJC a few years back and had major chemistry.

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
  #7
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 24,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
Penner would be nice, big and young, very slow but if he played with Kesler and Raymond they can off-set that. Obviously his contract will be the barrier.
Penner's not slow, he moves well for a guy that size.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
  #8
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefsbeaver View Post
I really do not think that the canucks need another top 4 d-man.....if we moved any of those assests it would be to give us a player to play with Kess, and then you would have to look at the cap and it probably would not work.

As for penner or hemsky I could see us showing interest in Penner but really do not think a trade between the two would work
Gillis vowed never to be int he position again where we had depth d-men playing top 4 roles in the playoffs..

who knows if Edler will come back in the playoffs and who knows how reliable he will be coming off back surgery, and dont forget how brittle Salo is. I think Gillis will cover our butts and get another dman.

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
  #9
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Shirokov doesn't have much value but the rest could get decent returns. Given the market for Goalies Nucks would probably be better off holding on to Lack.
how does Shirokov not have value? 2 way contract, pure offensive talent, will make less than 1 mil, 25 yrs old... he has proven himself in the AHL and KHL...I can see a team like the Pens adding this guy, in fact i think he played on Malkin's line at the WJC going way back.

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:24 PM
  #10
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 24,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
how does Shirokov not have value? AHL contract, pure offensive talent, will make less than 1 mil, 25 yrs old... he has proven himself in the AHL and KHL...I can see a team like the Pens adding this guy, in fact i think he played o Malkin's line at the WJC going way back.
He's almost 25, he's been good in the AHL but hardly tearing it up and doesn't have much of a two-way game to speak of. He's probably the sort of guy the Pens would add in the summer not at the deadline.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
  #11
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
Penner would be nice, big and young, very slow but if he played with Kesler and Raymond they can off-set that. Obviously his contract will be the barrier.
That's going to be a major issue with Vancouver, putting themselves in the situation they are in. They have essentially given themselves very little room to improve.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:38 PM
  #12
puckerdude10
Registered User
 
puckerdude10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
The blues have brewer and coliacavo for defense which they could offer I would not consider cola top four by anymeans but he is good for depth on D. I would consider Brewer top four though. I would like the blues to resign brewer but if they cant because of money or room on the back end then I would like them to move him prior to the deadline. I dont know if either of those guys would interest the nucks. Just thought I would throw their names out there and see what people think.

puckerdude10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
  #13
JSilvius*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Kulemin + for Hodgson

JSilvius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:41 PM
  #14
Britton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
The Canucks are not going to be trading their prospects for rentals this year. There will not another top 6 player coming back to Vancouver this year unless considerable salary is going back the other way, that's a move for the off season. It's not like the window is closing, they are poised to be even better next year than this year.

Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
  #15
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckerdude10 View Post
The blues have brewer and coliacavo for defense which they could offer I would not consider cola top four by anymeans but he is good for depth on D. I would consider Brewer top four though. I would like the blues to resign brewer but if they cant because of money or room on the back end then I would like them to move him prior to the deadline. I dont know if either of those guys would interest the nucks. Just thought I would throw their names out there and see what people think.
both have an "injury prone" tag on them...Coli is out of the question but Brewe i would consider but would be very limited in what the Canucks would give up

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
  #16
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
That's going to be a major issue with Vancouver, putting themselves in the situation they are in. They have essentially given themselves very little room to improve.
well if Salo and Edler dont come back until the playoffs i believe they have over 4.5 mil in cap space...

also

very little room to improve=2nd place overall in the NHL

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:49 PM
  #17
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan7 View Post
Kulemin + for Hodgson
we dont really need another 2 way forward..Kulemin is exceptional but it would take more the pry Hodgson out....the CAnucks have a bigger need for Gleason than Kulemin at the moment

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
  #18
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britton View Post
The Canucks are not going to be trading their prospects for rentals this year. There will not another top 6 player coming back to Vancouver this year unless considerable salary is going back the other way, that's a move for the off season. It's not like the window is closing, they are poised to be even better next year than this year.
who said anything about rentals?? what about trading for players under contract...

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
  #19
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
also

very little room to improve=2nd place overall in the NHL
Oh, I agree. It's not something to be upset about by any means, but I don't see many moves to be made either.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM
  #20
carlweezer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
Oh, I agree. It's not something to be upset about by any means, but I don't see many moves to be made either.
LTIR has given us plenty of room to add players.

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
  #21
Johnsie19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Canucks put together a nice package of some these prospects and go after Parise or Weber in the off season. They have the depth to make these type of trades and you can balance the books when your talking players of this calibre. Will Nashville or NJ make a trade its def happened before.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:09 PM
  #22
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,510
vCash: 500
Nucks don't move any of these guys.

You say Gillis is gonna cover his ass for the playoffs, well I honestly think you've missed the bus on what Gillis is actually doing! He has been making this team a possible contender every year with acquiring good young players.

Edler will be back before the Playoffs, Salo should be back this month. That's 2 Top 4 dmens without any trades.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.