HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Zherdev

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Flyskippy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I was thinking the same. Funny, I could have sworn I really like when the Flyers win. Apparently I only like when our North American players goon it up, and my admiration for Timonen, Kapanen, et al is just a figment of my imagination.
*stops sharing oxycontin with CG*

There. That should sort us out.

Old
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Since Vera isnt talking about Zherdev anymore, isnt he now trolling? Not that I care, I like to see him so pissed off, but hopefully this thread will get back to Zherdev.
Zherdev is the most skilled player on the roster, just not the best player on the roster. And the game may have been booked as a friendly but at least they got paid for the beatdown, the Ruskies had met their match.

Old
02-02-2011, 01:20 PM
infidelappel*

This is gold.

Vera, I hate to break it to you, but you're pretty off-base. Some of the most loved Flyers of the last 10 years have been European, but they still play hard, physical, chippy hockey. Not dirty, goon, 70s-era nonsense (which you'll find any knowledgeable Flyers fans are happy to see gone), but just hard-nosed hockey.

That said, this is comedic gold, so please continue trolling.

Old
02-02-2011, 01:33 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
*stops sharing oxycontin with CG*

There. That should sort us out.
Oh hell Skippy, how'm I gonna make it through the workday now?

Old
02-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
This is gold.

Vera, I hate to break it to you, but you're pretty off-base. Some of the most loved Flyers of the last 10 years have been European, but they still play hard, physical, chippy hockey. Not dirty, goon, 70s-era nonsense (which you'll find any knowledgeable Flyers fans are happy to see gone), but just hard-nosed hockey.

That said, this is comedic gold, so please continue trolling.
This is not trolling, vera has a general affinity for Zherdev, whether it is personal or just the motherland talking, which is fine. But this is not the only site I have seen that argument come up and it is the same defense mechanism in regards to Zherdev.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
vera1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Some of the most loved Flyers of the last 10 years have been European, but they still play hard, physical, chippy hockey. Not dirty, goon, 70s-era nonsense (which you'll find any knowledgeable Flyers fans are happy to see gone), but just hard-nosed hockey.
Ah, OK. Then how about that 1976 video? Or the broken ankle in 1972? Hard-nosed or plain dirty?

I don't know how many of you guys love european players, and I don't really care. Clarke clearly didn't. I can't imagine him signing somebody like Zherdev. Zherdev irritates many of you because he exemplifies what Clarke used to avoid by any means: a higly skilled russian finesse player. And just by being here he marks the end of Clarke's era.

The era many of you are not ready to be done with.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Ah, OK. Then how about that 1976 video? Or the broken ankle in 1972? Hard-nosed or plain dirty?

I don't know how many of you guys love european players, and I don't really care. Clarke clearly didn't. I can't imagine him signing somebody like Zherdev. Zherdev irritates many of you because he exemplifies what Clarke used to avoid by any means: a higly skilled russian finesse player. And just by being here he marks the end of Clarke's era.

Zherdev doesn't irritate anyone with his skill. His style of play when he's floating and at his least effective annoys the hell out of most people. When he's focused on the game and willing to take some physical abuse to make a play, it's fantastic. When he uses determination and focus, and drives to the net to get a shot off, it's brilliant.

You're mistaking frustration with a floater with a distaste for European and/or Russian players. I think I speak for most Flyers fans when I say we get equally frustrated with a North American skater who plays the perimeter and refuses to engage in the play on the ice. It has nothing to do with nationality.

Zherdev has been much, much better recently and is earning the increased ice time he's getting. Ice time he didn't deserve early in the season.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

What are you talking about. Like really, your like a ****ing wall, we keep saying the same stuff over and over and you ignore it and continue to say the same ****. Zherdev is skilled, we ALL, 99.9999% of us agree, but that DOES NOT mean he uses it right. If he is so skilled why hasnt he scored like Ovechkin, Kovy, etc etc? Your excuses are the coaches, which is laughable even by other Zherdev Flyers fans.

Where is this information you are getting where we like goon hockey? Please, by all means make a poll. I will throw down money that close to 97%+ do not like goon hockey, and are 100% fine with the era we live in.

Vera stop throwing **** at the wall. Your just really grumpy, go outside or something and chill. Then come back.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Jester

Quote:

That explains why one of the key trades Clarke made in the effort to win the Cup in '04 was trading for Zhamnov.

Seriously, get over yourself. You're talking out of your ass, referencing events almost 40 years old, and generally embarrassing yourself because you're so obviously biased.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:21 PM
vera1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
What are you talking about. Like really, your like a ****ing wall, we keep saying the same stuff over and over and you ignore it and continue to say the same ****. Zherdev is skilled, we ALL, 99.9999% of us agree, but that DOES NOT mean he uses it right. If he is so skilled why hasnt he scored like Ovechkin, Kovy, etc etc? Your excuses are the coaches, which is laughable even by other Zherdev Flyers fans.

Where is this information you are getting where we like goon hockey? Please, by all means make a poll. I will throw down money that close to 97%+ do not like goon hockey, and are 100% fine with the era we live in.

Vera stop throwing **** at the wall. Your just really grumpy, go outside or something and chill. Then come back.
I was shown the video, and I was reacting to that video. I was talking to those of you who like that video. If you are not one of them, just ignore my latest posts.

Zherdev has nothing to do with this -- I just used him to stress my point.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:

I don't know how many of you guys love european players, and I don't really care.
Because you've been shown that your assumptions were wrong.

Quote:
Clarke clearly didn't. I can't imagine him signing somebody like Zherdev.
Because he's not our GM anymore.

Quote:
Zherdev irritates many of you because he exemplifies what Clarke used to avoid by any means: a higly skilled russian finesse player. And just by being here he marks the end of Clarke's era.

Wrong. He irritates when he does not backcheck and when his finesse moves turn into errors that cause rushes the other way.

Get that through your head and we can all move on. 'k?

Old
02-02-2011, 02:35 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Too much petty arguing, not enough constructive discussion

Closed

Closed Thread