HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Talk II

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2011, 09:46 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Unless someone gets hurt, not sure why so many people are desperate for a center. Betts runs the 4th line, and the number of centers on this team is technically a problem.
Betts FO% has dropped significantly, and what once was his strong suit, is now a weakness.

Old
02-01-2011, 09:46 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Unless someone gets hurt, not sure why so many people are desperate for a center. Betts runs the 4th line, and the number of centers on this team is technically a problem.
Betts has been struggling on faceoffs(47.5%), and he can play LW as well so I think a guy like Reasoner would be a great asset. (55.7%)

Roll a 4th line of Betts-Reasoner-Powe. With Walker down to the AHL we can fit Reasoner without losing even Carcillo. I'd offer Pittsburgh's 3rd plus a guy like Legein. Have Carcillo and Shelley as 13th and 14th forward (or trade Carcillo for a depth D man)

On a positive faceoff note, Richards and Giroux are almost up to 50% now. Carter is still over 55%

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 02-01-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old
02-01-2011, 01:31 PM
lancer247

Stortini waived

EDM making room to acquire Carcillo? Another $1MM in capspace for Homer?

Old
02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
That's a very long stretch to get to that conclusion.

Old
02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Nah I think they really want a package of Walker+Leighton+Shelley

Old
02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
While I think IF Carcillo is dealt it will be out west, as others have stated its a stretch to assume that.
Carcillo's trade value is dropping like a rock anyway, probably fortunate to get a midlevel pick for him.

Old
02-01-2011, 02:04 PM
lancer247

I agree. Just spit balling. If the Flyers are trying to clear space for a goalie that would be an obvious choice to move.

At this point they may as well keep Carcillo. He has been good about being a healthy scratch and they are not going to pick up a depth forward that can give you much more then Carcillo. Carcillo probably would like to be put of a run at this point.

Old
02-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
And Luongo, Nabokov and Rinne
True, but he doesn't have a ring on his finger if the Flyers got something more than abysmal goaltending. He was pretty awful.

Old
02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
With Pardy, the Flyers would finally have a newf
Didn't Mr. Slaney have a cup of coffee with the big club and years on the farm? He was a Flyer. I always hoped Terry Ryan would play in a Flyer uniform, but heh....I grew up with him, so I'm a little biased.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:49 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1100
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...f=facebook.com

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. - The Flyers have interest in a handful of forwards - including Carolina's Erik Cole - but there is debate in the organization about whether to add a player before the Feb. 28 trade deadline.

"We don't know if we want to disrupt the chemistry," said a club source. "That's the question."

The Flyers entered Tuesday atop the 30-team NHL with 71 points, equaling the second-highest point total after 50 games in the franchise's history. Only the 1979-80 team, which lost to the New York Islanders in the Stanley Cup Finals, had more points (82) after 50 games.

Cole, 32, played for coach Peter Laviolette when Carolina won the Stanley Cup in 2006. He figures to be available only if the Hurricanes fall out of the playoff hunt.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I'm not so sure the status quo..as good as it's been (except for last night!) is necessarily a good approach. You can't stay neutral on a moving train as they say...everybody else is looking to make moves so you have to consider also what contenders might be doing. Look what Roloson has done for Tampa...

It's a fine line and it's what separates the good GM's from the so so ones come playoffs. Last year a goaltender at the deadline could have helped..particularly in the finals. I personally don't think the Flyers should stay pat..there is always room to improve and still not disrupt the chemisty/core...

Old
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I'm not so sure the status quo..as good as it's been (except for last night!) is necessarily a good approach. You can't stay neutral on a moving train as they say...everybody else is looking to make moves so you have to consider also what contenders might be doing. Look what Roloson has done for Tampa...

It's a fine line and it's what separates the good GM's from the so so ones come playoffs. Last year a goaltender at the deadline could have helped..particularly in the finals. I personally don't think the Flyers should stay pat..there is always room to improve and still not disrupt the chemisty/core...
True, but what player would have been removed? And how would that have affected the stretch drive and the three rounds leading up to the Final?

Old
02-02-2011, 01:14 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
True, but what player would have been removed? And how would that have affected the stretch drive and the three rounds leading up to the Final?
Last year everybody knows we were handcuffed with the cap and thus couldn't really make a move..not that there wasn't a need for one considering we crawled into the playoffs. This year is a different story..we have some flexibility and people that can be moved if the right deal presents itself. This is my contention and what my argument is based on...

Old
02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
All we need is a net crashing forward. Is there anyone out there who can play that game, IE - Mike Knuble.

Old
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
All we need is a net crashing forward. Is there anyone out there who can play that game, IE - Mike Knuble.
owen nolan, i dont think lindros has handed in his retirement papers yet.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
owen nolan, i dont think lindros has handed in his retirement papers yet.
Cool, thanks.

Old
02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Cool, thanks.
you can ad cheechoo as well.

Old
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
lancer247

I know the Flyers have been the best team in the East most of this season but I think they have to upgrade on Nodl. Teams know the Flyers can roll three scoring lines so you know BOS, NYR, TB, atleast will be looking to add shutdown guys or atleast solid dmen like Phillips, Kaberle, Beauchemin, Sutton.

Picture Phillips on TB, Kaberle on BOS, or Sutton on NYR.

Flyers need to upgrade on wing, even if it's only a slight upgrade or goal.

Old
02-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Cartsiephan*

Making a move is part of being serious about winning the Cup, even very good teams on the way to Lord Stanley's Cup brought in a player to consolidate the roster.

I am still of the thinking that Zherdev is not going to be on the roster come the playoffs which means a guy who can play some good minutes and contribute in all three zone is imperative. This team needs to be tougher to play against. Take the three line depth and blow it up come the playoffs, just look at the TB game as exhibit A, once the scoing dries up this team becomes soft.

Old
02-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
I know the Flyers have been the best team in the East most of this season but I think they have to upgrade on Nodl. Teams know the Flyers can roll three scoring lines so you know BOS, NYR, TB, atleast will be looking to add shutdown guys or atleast solid dmen like Phillips, Kaberle, Beauchemin, Sutton.

Picture Phillips on TB, Kaberle on BOS, or Sutton on NYR.

Flyers need to upgrade on wing, even if it's only a slight upgrade or goal.
Defense wins, leave Nodl where he is, bring in a guy who can play wing with Nodl and Richards and chip in a couple goals while being tough on the boards. Then rotate Zherdev and JvR in with Carter and Giroux with matchups. Or just trade Zherdev outright, this team has enough offense and just needs to get the PP going and solidify the PK with another guy.

Old
02-02-2011, 04:51 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Cartsie stop turning every thread into a Zherdev discussion

Old
02-02-2011, 04:55 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Defense wins, leave Nodl where he is, bring in a guy who can play wing with Nodl and Richards and chip in a couple goals while being tough on the boards. Then rotate Zherdev and JvR in with Carter and Giroux with matchups. Or just trade Zherdev outright, this team has enough offense and just needs to get the PP going and solidify the PK with another guy.
Nodl is killing that line. they need to upgrade his wing spot and out him on the 4th lien where he belongs. He offers little with richards and jvr. He is a hindrance offensively. you think they wont acquire a winger who can play defense as well? you act like nodl is this key cog,he isnt. He is a dime a dozen winger. period.

Old
02-02-2011, 05:10 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Making a move is part of being serious about winning the Cup, even very good teams on the way to Lord Stanley's Cup brought in a player to consolidate the roster.

I am still of the thinking that Zherdev is not going to be on the roster come the playoffs which means a guy who can play some good minutes and contribute in all three zone is imperative. This team needs to be tougher to play against. Take the three line depth and blow it up come the playoffs, just look at the TB game as exhibit A, once the scoing dries up this team becomes soft.

No dammit. I like the big winger with Richards idea. Somebody like Glenncross or whoever. Nodl can go to the 4th line. Reasoner didn't seem like a bad idea either. And if we need to we can trade Zherdev to a team that needs offense for a high energy or physical forward.

Old
02-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Nodl is killing that line. they need to upgrade his wing spot and out him on the 4th lien where he belongs. He offers little with richards and jvr. He is a hindrance offensively. you think they wont acquire a winger who can play defense as well? you act like nodl is this key cog,he isnt. He is a dime a dozen winger. period.

You're bang on. Nodl has been getting dominated on the boards lately and just has no spark.

Old
02-02-2011, 07:12 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Cartsie stop turning every thread into a Zherdev discussion
Zfan?

Closed Thread