HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phailthers comeback foiled!! Habs win 3-2

Old
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
habspinner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
WHO?
The two Randy's in Hamilton - Cunneyworth and Ladouceur.

These are the two guys that got Patches going for real. These two coaches got the most out of Patches since Michigan legend Red Berenson. Again, as Buddha said, if you want to give credit to a coach give credit to the infamous Randy˛ in Hamilton.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:50 PM
coolasprICE

nice to see that Gomez was only a - 1 on a zero point night

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Moral of tonight's game: Bring the puck to the net and things happen.

For once, the puck bounced for the Habs.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

shiz people, y'all think i'm that dense?

jokes on you! i thought this would be easily remembered since it only happened last july...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=801115

it was as thrown around as "everywhere cocaine" around here for a couple of days.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:57 PM
habspinner

Quote:

jokes on you! i thought this would be easily remembered since it only happened last july...

it was as thrown around as "everywhere cocaine" around here for a couple of days.
Ahh...ok...lol?

I never really understand jokes like this, but each to their own sense of humor I guess. Glad that you are not dense.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

Everywhere fail

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:05 PM
mtl_felix

Nice win tonight, feels good to get 4 points out of 4 on a back-to-back like that. Looks like Gionta/Paccio/Subban are really heating up and that's great news.

Also, not sure this belongs here but .. L'antichambre has to be the worst show I've seen in my life. The host, Langdeau, is just ridiculous. Michel Villeneuve is entertaining, Langdeau is just nuts.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

see, i like subtle sarcasm. i hate seeing that ****ing "" in every post. i just say things that active members should be able to pick up on without pointing it out, because that's lame!

and "haters gonna hate" are the most played out things on here/the whole internet

as far as my dry, british humour is concerned, the "WHO" in capslocks is more than enough to give it away. would anyone like a downloadable version of my latest sarcascm detector?

Last edited by HarlemsFinest: 02-02-2011 at 11:16 PM.
HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
You have to think that Spacek could be available if someone inquires about him. He was suppose to be a pp guy, now he doesn't play on the pp at all.

And despite people trying to be nice to him, he's not that good. Would be nice to see him dealt.
yeah, he hasnt fooled me at ALL

but nobody will take him.

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
see, i like subtle sarcasm. i hate seeing that ****ing "" in every post. i just say things that active members should be able to pick up on without pointing it out, because that's lame!

and "haters gonna hate" are the most played out things on here/the whole internet

as far as my dry, british humour is concerned, the "WHO" in capslocks is more than enough to give it away. would anyone like a downloadable version of my latest sarcascm detector?
Don't take it bad, I actually loled when I saw the 'WHO?', I'm sure others remembered!

Great game tonight, and man I'm starting to love our young core. Subban, Price, MaxPac, Desharnais and Weber to some extent, and Eller I'm sure will come along solidly next year. It's so great to have the young guys seriously contributing in the wins and not just be some 3rd line fillers.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Maxpac

Happy we won, but Gomez's play really left a sour taste in my mouth tonight. Like i wrote in the now dead thread, his play is depressing and it doesn't look very good for the playoffs, more if Martin decides to permanently keep Gionta and Plecky together.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Happy we won, but Gomez's play really left a sour taste in my mouth tonight. Like i wrote in the now dead thread, his play is depressing and it doesn't look very good for the playoffs, more if Martin decides to permanently keep Gionta and Plecky together.
Gomez has become way too predictable. I don't know why so many Habs fans refused to criticize him.

I bet Gio wouldn't mind that Cammy takes a little more time before coming back because he found his game back since he's being paired with Pleky.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:45 PM
JayBee*

Wiz has cooled off but teams are covering him now. I'd like to see more movement from the D on the PP. Seems like the Habs keep tryign the same thing hoping it works. Need to switch it up.

Good game, Alex was solid, Gio, Pleks, Subban, Patches, Gill...the usual guys.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Gomez has become way too predictable. I don't know why so many Habs fans refused to criticize him.

I bet Gio wouldn't mind that Cammy takes a little more time before coming back because he found his game back since he's being paired with Pleky.
Gionta found his game with Gomez actually when Pac was put on the line. That line was actually outproducing the Pleks line quite substantially too.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

Cammy-Plekanec-Gionta could become a very, very good line.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Bahahaha.

You want them to not be on TV, yet you're watching. You're part of the reason they are on TV, bro.
As I previously explained, show comes on right after hockey. I'm on my laptop far from the remote and pay little attention to TV. Got up to grab some food which is when I finally paid attention to what was on. It is at that time that I heard this BS. I then switched the channel. I'm not the reason as to why they are on, and I'm all for a post game show, it's the idiots they choose that's the problem.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Gionta found his game with Gomez actually when Pac was put on the line. That line was actually outproducing the Pleks line quite substantially too.
Maybe at the beginning but Gio had 1 goal/pt in 8 games before yesterday's game.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:53 PM
habdynasty

There are still 30 games to go before the playoffs start,i expect the lines will be changed a few times before april. Its nice to start the second half of the season with back to back wins!

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:53 PM
haburger

not sure if i m in the minority here ,,,,,,,,,,,but i thought gomer was solid tonite.i thought the whole team played jac s system to perfection.i like our game rite now.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
not sure if i m in the minority here ,,,,,,,,,,,but i thought gomer was solid tonite.i thought the whole team played jac s system to perfection.i like our game rite now.
I think Gomez lost the puck or that his pass got intercepted at least 5-6 times on the PP tonight. His penalty was selfish that could have cost us a point and its not the first time he takes a selfish retaliation penalty that cost us a point or too. Unacceptable for a veteran like him.

Old
02-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
The credit should be given to Cunneyworth rather than Boucher if you are adament on a coach getting credit.
Well you could easily be split it then. He played 23 games under Boucher, 27 under Cunneyworth. He looked more prepared coming into this year, stronger and faster. I think personally Boucher is where it started especially when you read into some of Maxpac quotes earlier in the year.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:08 AM
haburger

he s one of the few players who can create offence off the rush ,, an when u do turnovers occur.seriously ,his vision when cruisin thru the neutral zone is amazing .it blows me away that people dont recognize it.when there 30 sec s left on the pp ,he s the guy who gains the zone for us .always .nobody mentions it,but peeps whinin an *****in about him.an i know he makes alot blah blah blah,,,,,,.lol . i cant believe i m actually on here defending my players on that play for the habs. WEAK.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Patccmoi

I think that the other teams should understand at some point that we just cannot score in an open net, ever. They should just pull their goaler with 5 min left, or hell even if they have the lead. They know that's once their goaler is pulled, we're just not going to put the puck in the net. I mean, open net face-off in the zone and we don't score? Come on...

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Im not so sure about that although its tough with JM lottery ball lines.

Pacioretty, Gomez, Gionta frome Dec 15 (maxpac callup) til the all star break. I think that line was kept together until then tho i could be wrong. They scored 15 goals.

Pleks, Cammalleri and to a lesser extent AKost. Tho this line has had Ak move around a bit however there totals in this stretch equals 14 goals.

Would have to delve deeper in the PP units and where the goals came from and who was on the ice but by the face of it, "substantially" it is not.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Stradale

Just watched the goal again but the Plekanec's goal should be Gionta's.

The puck hit Gionta's stick, and thats what cause the puck to go into the air and in the net.