HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Brayden Schenn-Update

Old
02-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Jetteroheller

vCash: 500
Brayden Schenn-Update

Bradyen had an awesome game for the blades last night posted 2 goals and an assist, and played with great intensity and passion. 1st star for the game.

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Woot

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:19 PM
johnjm22

Isn't that the norm for him?

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:36 PM
AStammer7*

Good To See Schenn Producing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetteroheller View Post
Bradyen had an awesome game for the blades last night posted 2 goals and an assist, and played with great intensity and passion. 1st star for the game.
After being acquired by his home town Saskatoon Blades,it took Brayden Schenn a little while to get it going. After 7 games though he has 15 points(5 goals and 10 assists).These last two games he has hit for almost half with 2 goals and 5 assists. Schenn is going to be an important cog in any success the Los Angeles Kings have in the future...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:41 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetteroheller View Post
I have a question, well this is if you watch the Saskatoon games or whatever but is Schenn playing a more 2-way game or is he just taking advantage of the weaker, younger kids in the WHL and putting up points because of that? I know that was his biggest downfall, he needed to be better in his own end, hopefully he's working on that down there... no homo

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Schenn >>> Schenn. Just sayin'.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Fangio

vCash: 50
4 points tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I have a question, well this is if you watch the Saskatoon games or whatever but is Schenn playing a more 2-way game or is he just taking advantage of the weaker, younger kids in the WHL and putting up points because of that? I know that was his biggest downfall, he needed to be better in his own end, hopefully he's working on that down there... no homo
I posted in the CHL thread already, but where is this idea coming from? seriously, this is the first ive heard of this..

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:47 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

It was either Lombardi or Murray that said it in one of Rich's interviews, maybe it was Lombardi actually.. If I find it, I'll post it

Old
02-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Quote:
It was either Lombardi or Murray that said it in one of Rich's interviews, maybe it was Lombardi actually.. If I find it, I'll post it
ahh okay..talking about earlier this year, no need to find it then. Schenn has always been a strong complete player in juniors. Like almost all rookies there's a bit of adjustment to get up to speed. Typical GM talk..young NHL rookie..defence, yeah I gotcha.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:58 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Ya I can't really find it anyways but I'm pretty sure that's what Lombardi said when Schenn was sent back to juniors. I'm excited for the kid and he should be our #2 center next year

Old
02-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Murray said it, it was the reason he was sent back. Lombardi kept Schenn up as long as possible, but Murray wouldn't play him because he wanted to see a more complete NHL two-way game.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Murray said it, it was the reason he was sent back. Lombardi kept Schenn up as long as possible, but Murray wouldn't play him because he wanted to see a more complete NHL two-way game.
yes Murray said it, not DL

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Ironic when Clifford (who might be my favorite Kings prospect) was completely lost playing defense the first 20 games of the year and still has let downs. It seemed more like an excuse to me.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:30 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Ironic when Clifford (who might be my favorite Kings prospect) was completely lost playing defense the first 20 games of the year and still has let downs. It seemed more like an excuse to me.
While I don't agree that Clifford looked completely lost he definitely needed some time to adjust to get his defensive game up to par even though I seem to remember him being voted as one of the best defensive forwards in the OHL. As for Schenn, playing center comes with more responsibilities so I guess that factors in. Also we were short on left wingers while still having plenty of players capable of playing center in a bottom six, two-way role like Richardson and Lewis.

As for now, I'm glad Schenn is playing and having success in the minors. The World juniors probably helped his confidence quite a bit and might make him a better player in the long run.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
triplcrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
4 points tonight.

I posted in the CHL thread already, but where is this idea coming from? seriously, this is the first ive heard of this..
"he needed to be better in his own end" just means he had gas & diarrhea. With some Pepto-Bismol, he's now fine in his own end.

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 03:25 PM
AStammer7*

Laughed My Ass Off,Very Good TripleCrown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
"he needed to be better in his own end" just means he had gas & diarrhea. With some Pepto-Bismol, he's now fine in his own end.
When I read that initially I wasn't sure about it,but like good humour it sunk in and I had a goooood belly laugh...Nice job Triplecrown you gave me a great chuckle,that still has me giggling like a schoolgirl...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote