HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phailthers comeback foiled!! Habs win 3-2

Old
02-03-2011, 12:18 AM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Just watched the goal again but the Plekanec's goal should be Gionta's.

The puck hit Gionta's stick, and thats what cause the puck to go into the air and in the net.
From what I saw it hit the defenceman's skate and popped up. Might have to see it again.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 266
anyone shocked at those numbers...

Quote:
In fact, after a 4-1 loss in Tampa Bay on Dec. 30, the Canadiens were 3-12-0 when allowing the first goal and 0-11-0 when trailing after 20 minutes. Since then, the Canadiens are 7-2-2 when allowing the first goal and 4-1-1 when entering the second with a deficit to make up.

Not so coincidentally, Montreal's overall record since Dec. 30 is a sparkling 9-2-3, giving them some rare breathing room in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010020766

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
From what I saw it hit the defenceman's skate and popped up. Might have to see it again.
No need. You're right. It did hit the defenceman's skate.

They showed a pretty clear replay on RDS.ca

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:31 AM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post

nope .we re a good team.maybe sum of the whiners on here will realize this an actually support the team.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Jedrik

Who has up-to-date goal totals for us?

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:34 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
No need. You're right. It did hit the defenceman's skate.

They showed a pretty clear replay on RDS.ca
They give you super-hockey perception along with the other mod superpowers.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:50 AM
CaptainC

Pacioretty is a beast. Awesome play for gionta's goal.

CaptainC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:54 AM
FF de Mars

Seems like the nhl.com writers follow our peripeteias. Their headline title for us tonight : "He's Auld right", like when we say "it never gets Auld", are we ever too bAuld ! in our GDTs.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Im not so sure about that although its tough with JM lottery ball lines.

Pacioretty, Gomez, Gionta frome Dec 15 (maxpac callup) til the all star break. I think that line was kept together until then tho i could be wrong. They scored 15 goals.

Pleks, Cammalleri and to a lesser extent AKost. Tho this line has had Ak move around a bit however there totals in this stretch equals 14 goals.

Would have to delve deeper in the PP units and where the goals came from and who was on the ice but by the face of it, "substantially" it is not.
Ok, well the point remains they were producing well

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

I love it. One of the biggest concerns with this team was that they roll over and die when they trailed. Looks like they're turning that around. Next up, more competent special team play.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:51 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Wiz has cooled off but teams are covering him now. I'd like to see more movement from the D on the PP. Seems like the Habs keep tryign the same thing hoping it works. Need to switch it up.

Good game, Alex was solid, Gio, Pleks, Subban, Patches, Gill...the usual guys.
Not really. He had an assist vs the Caps and now has 13 pts in 15 games with the Habs.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

The only thing I'm shocked at is the national media's perception of the habs.

You only need to go back to the TSN panel from last night to realize that the general perception is that the habs are floundering right out of the playoff picture. Even Bob McKenzie commented on how the habs are similar to the rangers except the rangers are playing great while the habs are falling.

I just dont know where all this is coming from. Yeah, you can assume that this team is going nowhere given the injuries, but their record in the new year has been exceptional. The team has not shown any signs of deterioration and this needs to be commended considering the circumstances. Instead, the national media is all doom and gloom as if they havent even done their research.

Montreal has been on of the inspirational stories so far as far as I'm concerned. Not many teams would have their head above water if faced with the exact same circumstances.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 03:00 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Bergeron crapping on Eller. Saying his 12min of ice time was too much.
Why are these guys on TV talking hockey...seriously..when will it end!!
He was right for tonight.. Eller was not ready to play this game, was cheating on the forecheck, fell a couple of times on the ice, looked tired.. He had 2 decent shifts in the third but overall a very bad game for him..

As for the game, A.Kost was alone on his line.. MaxPac with another strong game, this kid is awesome, I really think he is gonna become one of the best PF in the league..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 02-03-2011 at 03:05 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 03:30 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

You only need to go back to the TSN panel from last night to realize that the general perception is that the habs are floundering right out of the playoff picture. Even Bob McKenzie commented on how the habs are similar to the rangers except the rangers are playing great while the habs are falling.

I just dont know where all this is coming from. Yeah, you can assume that this team is going nowhere given the injuries, but their record in the new year has been exceptional. The team has not shown any signs of deterioration and this needs to be commended considering the circumstances. Instead, the national media is all doom and gloom as if they havent even done their research.

Montreal has been on of the inspirational stories so far as far as I'm concerned. Not many teams would have their head above water if faced with the exact same circumstances.
Isn't this in part due to how this team has played most of the season, win a couple of games by a goal or two, lose a couple? There are no 12 game winning/losing streaks or players scoring 20 consecutive games. Since Markov went down this team has flown under the radar sort of, not making any headlines, no big trades.
Just thinking out loud.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
He was right for tonight.. Eller was not ready to play this game, was cheating on the forecheck, fell a couple of times on the ice, looked tired.. He had 2 decent shifts in the third but overall a very bad game for him..

As for the game, A.Kost was alone on his line.. MaxPac with another strong game, this kid is awesome, I really think he is gonna become one of the best PF in the league..
That's the way Eller plays every night. He's not even close to NHL calibre at this point, and he and Moen usually battle for who can noticeably be the worst forward out there game to game.

He should go to the AHL. He's not strong enough and his mind is not at the NHL speed.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Done.

Props to MIG for calling this one correctly.
Thanks . And props to MIG as well!

That was a great game to see, PK is playing unreal...the Gio - Pleks - Patches line is killing right now!

2 game winning streak!!!

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:47 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Didn't have the opportunity to watch the game but very happy to see the boys pick up another W. I was afraid of a let down after the Washington win and Florida just seems to be a thorn in the side at times.

And I hope the "alleged" little chat that Gauthier and Tallon (sp) is beneficial to the Habs down the road. Stillman really would not bother me if he'd come cheap. The guy is accustomed to picking up garbage goals and the Habs could use that.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:48 AM
kovaless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Cammy-Plekanec-Gionta could become a very, very good line.
I think pacs pleks & gio is better. They need 1 big body

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

No. We have turned from being a flashy streaky team that performs when they are ahead (win then score 1st goal) to a team that proved to be determined to win and never let anything bring it down (win when scored against 1st goal).

Even our most recent defeat, against the Flyers. Until that stupid penalty that doomed us at 4-1, we were on our way to a comeback from 3-0. It was only ludicrous bad luck that didn't made the game 3-2.

I guess, if you want to look at the classical elemental temperament, we moved from being an "Air" team to an "Earth" team. We will blast through, slowly and surely, by work and grit.

How many of our recent goals have been garbage-y?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:06 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
As I previously explained, show comes on right after hockey. I'm on my laptop far from the remote and pay little attention to TV. Got up to grab some food which is when I finally paid attention to what was on. It is at that time that I heard this BS. I then switched the channel. I'm not the reason as to why they are on, and I'm all for a post game show, it's the idiots they choose that's the problem.
I know what you mean. I learned my lesson, I have my remote always close to me, once the game is over, I hold my breath and I change to the first available channel, in an instant.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:10 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

are you now on special kind of diet because your posts are improving a lot lately.

good for you, good for you!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

Should check out "That's Hockey Tonight". Kouleas and Barnaby were heaping praise on the Habs for their recent play.

I wasn't used to it. Felt good.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I love it. One of the biggest concerns with this team was that they roll over and die when they trailed. Looks like they're turning that around. Next up, more competent special team play.
I never understood why people have doubts about this. Did they all forget our run last spring?
If our team has shown us anything last year is to never underestimate them or count them out.
''You think it's over, but it's only starting''

On a side not, can't wait for spring dammit!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 05:23 PM
PricePkPatch

By the way, am I the only one who noticed PK's Basketball-like "over-pass" in the 3rd? Passing a long fly from your defensive zone directly to a player who was rushing in. It could have led to a goal!

I was like that play in Mighty Ducks 2.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 06:01 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

ya that was a crafty pass. didn't make the MD2 association, but i liked the precision!

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote