HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#54 - 02.03.2011 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
As much as I loathed Eminger during the first month of the season, I'd rather have him in teh lineup over DZ or Gilroy right now.
you havent noticed the steady decline in Emingers physical game?

He's gone from throwing the body on almost every shift, to becoming more and more passive...i think sitting a few games will wake him up...we have a relatively soft Defense, most of them are positional defenseman, a guy that tries to smash your teef in is important.

Old
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Newbury back to Connecticut. My guess is Gilroy sits.

Old
02-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

I think Stevie's somewhat banged up. He was on the receiving end of a few hard checks before the break. He got absolutely demolished against the Cats.

Old
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
you havent noticed the steady decline in Emingers physical game?

He's gone from throwing the body on almost every shift, to becoming more and more passive...i think sitting a few games will wake him up...we have a relatively soft Defense, most of them are positional defenseman, a guy that tries to smash your teef in is important.
While I agree, Del Zotto has been PUTRID both offensively and defensively. Id rather have Eminger in over him even if he has become soft.

Truthfully I think Del Zotto should finish the year in Connecticut honing his defenisve game and start next year as the 6th defenseman. Im not saying hes a bust, not even close I still have high hopes for him. I just think he REALLY needs some solid seasoning.

Old
02-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

DZ played okay against the pens and got an assist on the power play i say give him a chance to prove himself for a couple of games and if not good then see ya in Connecticut bro

Old
02-03-2011, 01:05 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
Whats the reason eminger is sitting anyway? Did he piss of torts or something? Guy has been just about as steady as it gets all season for us
wonder if torts inability to maintain a consistent lineup be the downfall to our season

and of course, those injuries

Old
02-03-2011, 01:05 PM
ceej730

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
DZ played okay against the pens and got an assist on the power play i say give him a chance to prove himself for a couple of games and if not good then see ya in Connecticut bro
Exactly, i thought that the shot on the PP was a great one. He's got a couple games here to prove what he's capable of or else cyaaa

Old
02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
CaptainCallahan*

I'm glad I got some laughs with Drury as the 3rd string goalie, but onto serious matters, I like every other forward on the team, but holy logjam! My line combos had Prust on the 4th line, and he deserves more ice time than that, but we are stuffed to the brim. Maybe we can roll 5 lines?

On to defense, I think Del Zotto should spend the rest of the year on the whalepack, then work his tail off in the offseason and training camp, and get his way back onto the roster because he clearly has upside, but currently doesn't belong in our top 6 despite his good rookie season.

Also on to the Eminger topic, do you think he is hurting from the aforementioned big hits he's been receiving, or is he simply on a short leash because of abilitiy to have a rotation for the last 4 spots (McDonagh, Eminger, Gilroy, Del Zotto)?

Old
02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
I think Stevie's somewhat banged up. He was on the receiving end of a few hard checks before the break. He got absolutely demolished against the Cats.
i know, but if hes not going to bring that edge to his game, id rather let MDZ play through his problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
While I agree, Del Zotto has been PUTRID both offensively and defensively. Id rather have Eminger in over him even if he has become soft.

Truthfully I think Del Zotto should finish the year in Connecticut honing his defenisve game and start next year as the 6th defenseman. Im not saying hes a bust, not even close I still have high hopes for him. I just think he REALLY needs some solid seasoning.
I dont really agree, i think MDZ needs to right himself here, and im willing to live with the growing pains associated with it. Like Jas I believe this is a transition year, let our kids work through their problems, we're not competing for a cup anyway.

Old
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
I forgot about how rough of a game Eminger had against FLA. Makes more sense that he was sat last game.

Old
02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i know, but if hes not going to bring that edge to his game, id rather let MDZ play through his problems

I dont really agree, i think MDZ needs to right himself here, and im willing to live with the growing pains associated with it. Like Jas I believe this is a transition year, let our kids work through their problems, we're not competing for a cup anyway.
We are. Everyone on this team thinks they are going to the PO's and can make it to the show and I agree with them. They shouldn't be competing for a cup they should be about 8-12 pts ahead of the devs but this is a teamn that believes in itself and they're going for it this year, next year and every year after that. Whether or not it's rational to believe they will win, or whether they're the best team is the question.

Old
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
XLJ

I like Eminger he has grown on me. He has added some jam, he blocks a lot of shots and he hits. I personally would sit Gilroy. Del Zotto will help our powerplay more than Gilroy can.

Old
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
devsfan4life

Not trying to start anything, but to all the marty haters, he says you guys are the better team.

Quote:
“It’s going to be a big challenge to see where our game is at, playing against a better team than us, just to see how we can compete and try to do well and continue what we’re doing,” goaltender Martin Brodeur said.
Anyway, looking forward to a good one tonight, I love watching Zuccarello play, should be fun to see Prospal back too. Good luck tonight.

Old
02-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
LGR!!

Was that the Tampa game?
Yeah, and it was my first ever Ranger game, great night

Old
02-03-2011, 01:34 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan4life View Post
Not trying to start anything, but to all the marty haters, he says you guys are the better team.
Every team is a better team than the Devils.

Old
02-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Anyway, looking forward to a good one tonight, I love watching Zuccarello play, should be fun to see Prospal back too. Good luck tonight.
Likewise. I'd love to see Zuccarello and Tedenby scrap.

Old
02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

Quote:
“It’s going to be a big challenge to see where our game is at, playing against a better team than us, just to see how we can compete and try to do well and continue what we’re doing,” goaltender Martin Brodeur said.
No offense... but i wonder if he says that when he plays a majority of the teams in the league (after all, most of the teams out there are having better years). The reason i say this - he loves to be passive aggressive when talking about the Rangers... this could just be another example, putting the pressure on the Rangers in the process.

Not saying he doesnt respect the Rangers and the year they are having. But he has some deep hatred towards them (as he should) and its not as simple as just paying a compliment with him imo.

Old
02-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

aww yeahh my man vaclav prospal is back in action

VA-CLAWW PROSPERITY

Old
02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

still no projected lines???

Old
02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

after marty's latest toe gagging, ive decided to not sell my tickets for tonights game. Torts better let avery do his thing tonight, i want a complete and utter dismantling, fatso pulled in the 1st period. make it happen boys.

either that or just score more than 2 goals, please and thank you.

Old
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
still no projected lines???
We'll get them around 5.

Old
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
ceej730

Stepan centering Gaborik and Prospal may make for some interesting play

Old
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
nexusrage21

Can anyone tell me how tan Prospal is right now? I need to know what our chances of winning are.

Last edited by nexusrage21: 02-03-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: I'm a dummy with homophones.
Old
02-03-2011, 02:59 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

As far as the game goes -

Let's talk about the gameplan -

The Devils are 7-1-1 in their last 9 and have beaten TB twice, PIT and PHI in that span. Nothing to shake a stick at.

Over that time, Kovalchuk has 9 points. (4 G, 5 A), Elias has points in 8 of his last 9 games (5 G, 6 A), the Devils have been out-shot in all but 2 games and their goals per game average is dropping.

What does that mean? They've gotten on track completely. The goaltending has been better, the bounces have gone their way, the big forwards are scoring more consistently and the entire team is buying into the system. To go on a run like that, you have to have all of that going on.

No doubt the Rangers will be ready for this one and should be. Despite the Devils record the Rangers shouldnt be surprised tonight.

Try to eliminate Kovys line by putting Staal and Girardi out there and the chances of picking up two points increases. Play the man hard tonight and dont be afraid to to get a little nasty. The Devils PP is worse than the Rangers, though you shouldnt give them too many chances.

CONTROL THE GAME. Continue to forecheck and for god sakes make it hard for them to get into the zone and keep it there. Don't let them come into our house all high and mighty and think they can steal 2 points.

MY feeling towards this game is two-fold. Either the Rangers are going to come away with a big win that could get them rolling on home ice, or they could lose attention to detail, get caught up in the wrong type of game and pay for it with a regulation loss.

Well see what happens.

Old
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

And to add... don't take penalties.

Our PK has been a killer this year. The % could be worse but every time we allow a PP goal it is a huge one. Either ties the game or puts us behind by one.