HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal and Florida talking Weiss?

Old
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
You guys watch too much of that garbage called anti room....it's curious how these morons manage to brain wash the younger generation quebecois !

Gomez is bad trade him, Kosty is bad trade him, Price is a bust trade him, Halak is god keep him, Gill sucks trade him, Hamrlik sucks trade him, the captain doesnt speak french trade him, pk used Skinners jersey trade him.....good job !!

You obviously haven't watched the show or don't understand French. l"antichambre presents a pretty wide range of opinions. I think it's a pretty good sports talk show.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You obviously haven't watched the show or don't understand French. l"antichambre presents a pretty wide range of opinions. I think it's a pretty good sports talk show.
It has it's moments, but the majority of the time I've watched. I've had to turn it off, because I found it to be annoying. I haven't watched for awhile though, so it may be much better now.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
when PJ isn't on Antichambre, its decent, when hes on its bias and brutal.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Jigger77

As much as it pains me to say this (sorry #33) Mario Tremblay added a lot to the show.

If anything it means Langevin speaks less, which is good for anyone with a brain. The guy is brutal.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
"Weiss for Gomez."
"No."
"Weiss for Gomez."
"No."
"Weiss for Gomez."
"No."
"Weiss for Gomez."
"No."
"Weiss for Gomez."
"No."
"Weiss for Gomez."
"No."
LOL wow i spit my orange juice everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I don't want anything from the panthers's lineup.
theres a couple HARD workers on that team man..

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-04-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
tinyzombies

Gomez, Desharnais, Weber, pick
for
Weiss and McCabe

Done.

Not what we need in terms of toughness in the top 6 (tho Pax is giving us that now), but it's an upgrade on Gomez and helps the powerplay. Lowers the cap. We can dump Hammer and keep McCabe and toughen up the blueline.

Markov-McCabe would be a deadly combo WHEN Markov returns in December (sign him PG!).

Now get rid of AKost and I'll be happy.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:39 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Gomez, Desharnais, Weber
for
Weiss and McCabe

Done.
Any day of the friggn week. Where do I sign?

Old
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
BigTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I don't want anything from the panthers's lineup.
hahaha this

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
It has it's moments, but the majority of the time I've watched. I've had to turn it off, because I found it to be annoying. I haven't watched for awhile though, so it may be much better now.
My biggest problem with l'antichambre is that they start to giggle and act stupid way too often, and the host is pretty much the worst ever. The show would already be upgraded greatly if they just swapped Michel Villeneuve (who started another hockey show on TVA called "Le Match") for Langdeau.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Habit11

Seeing how defensive minded this team is, I could see PG looking at Reasoner whose a Center, good on draws at 54.6% and good on the PK. Slot him at 3rd line with BP and Desharnais as wingers. Depth move that would cost very little to get.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
habamillions

theres no one that fills our need for a top 6 big man that can hit an score. But allen might be good to help in the playoffs like gorges did last year

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:19 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Nope i am french, the show still sucks and the panel is laughable and unknowledgeable to say the least !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Nope i am french, the show still sucks and the panel is laughable and unknowledgeable to say the least !
They are quite knowledgeable, but they have their agenda. Which makes their view biased.

I think the lack of diversity of french-speaking sports media in Quebec creates too much bias.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Seeing how defensive minded this team is, I could see PG looking at Reasoner whose a Center, good on draws at 54.6% and good on the PK. Slot him at 3rd line with BP and Desharnais as wingers. Depth move that would cost very little to get.
We already have a Reasoner, his name is Halpern.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
They are quite knowledgeable, but they have their agenda. Which makes their view biased.

I think the lack of diversity of french-speaking sports media in Quebec creates too much bias.
No they aren't, they know about the core of the team, but they have zero knowldge about our prospects and or prospects from other teams. They are so out of touch it isnt funny !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:46 PM
The Right Price

Gomez, Kostitsyn, a possible mid pick... additional could be Kristo

for

Weiss, Ellerby... additional could be Stillman

any takers??

They get Gomez so they can reach the cap floor We get rid of his salary, although his leadership could be missed. Luckily, we have a lockerroom full of leaders though.

Florida gets Kostitsyn, who maybe, like his brother, might blossom in a non-hockey market where there is less media hype and attention.

We get Ellerby, a physical 22 year old D-man to build our core up and Weiss. A quite experienced, but still under 30, centerman who puts up decent points.

We might additionally include a mid pick in the deal if Tallon wants. And maybe include Kristo and Stillman in the deal as well..

Seems kind of fair value to me. To you??

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Habit11

As per Darren Dreger:

"Prior to the Florida-Montreal game Wednesday night, Panthers GM Dale Tallon and Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier reportedly spent considerable time chatting, sparking trade speculation.

Tallon tells The Dreger Report that no groundwork for a blockbuster was laid. He says they spent most of their time discussing the state of the game and some of things they expect to deal with at next month's general managers meetings
. "

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 03:26 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
As per Darren Dreger:

"Prior to the Florida-Montreal game Wednesday night, Panthers GM Dale Tallon and Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier reportedly spent considerable time chatting, sparking trade speculation.

Tallon tells The Dreger Report that no groundwork for a blockbuster was laid. He says they spent most of their time discussing the state of the game and some of things they expect to deal with at next month's general managers meetings
. "

looks like we should close this thread then lol

Old
02-03-2011, 04:28 PM
SB164

Quote:
As per Darren Dreger:

. "

I like Arpon Basu, but doesn't this just make his Habs Hub article on the "meeting" pretty obsolete lol?

He went out of his way to theorize what PG and Tallon could've possibly been discussing, while Darren Dreger went to the source and asked Tallon for an answer.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Does Gomez speak spanish? If so, it could really help Florida with their poor marketing down there.

Quote:
As per Darren Dreger:

. "

I call BS on their responses. What GMs are going to say, "Yeah we were talking trade..." and then it gets both lockerrooms in a tizzy because of people not knowing who would be dealt.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-04-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
As per Darren Dreger:

. "

Gm's won't ever say "yea we discussed Weiss and Allen etc..." ever...

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I call BS on their responses. What GMs are going to say, "Yeah we were talking trade..." and then it gets both lockerrooms in a tizzy because of people not knowing who would be dealt.
Exactly. Only Burke would be arrogant enough to say he was talking trade.

A guy like Tallon wouldn't say anything like that, especially when PG is so secretive on his talks or plans...even more so than Gainey was. Saying your talking trade would probably make PG walk away.

If anything I think these guys are close on making something happen. Maybe PG is wanting some games to go by so cap space is greater and any salary coming would be lower. And Tallon could also be seeing where is team is at right now before calling it quits and throwing in the towel.

Either way two classy GM's and neither is going to admit trade talk to jeopardize their teams moral or any deal.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Weiss' NTC has kicked in...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:53 PM
RE-HABS