HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Want you opinion on Hockey on TV

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2003, 04:16 PM
bw5126

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bw5126
Want you opinion on Hockey on TV

Hey ive been coming to these boards for 2 years. I love getting your opinion but I dont post often. I just want your opinion on this. I go to about 20 rangers a game and rarely miss a game on TV. I live and die with the blueshirts as hockey is very emotional sport and i get very into the games as well as read every website and article about the team their is. Hockey is my favorite sport, but i feel out of all the sports it is defenitely the best to attend live, but the worst on TV. It is hard to follow many things as well as whose on the ice, changing up is a very important part of the game we never get to see. And as the camera follows the puck we miss many big hits away from it. Also as I much as i love the Rangers more then any other team I find it difficult to watch other random games on TV. Other sports I can watch randomly teams I dont care about. I feel a big reason is the battles that are part of the game that you just dont care who wins when watching other teams as well as the abilty to follow which players are on the ice.

Old
10-09-2003, 04:28 PM
shmekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw5126
Hey ive been coming to these boards for 2 years. I love getting your opinion but I dont post often. I just want your opinion on this. I go to about 20 rangers a game and rarely miss a game on TV. I live and die with the blueshirts as hockey is very emotional sport and i get very into the games as well as read every website and article about the team their is. Hockey is my favorite sport, but i feel out of all the sports it is defenitely the best to attend live, but the worst on TV. It is hard to follow many things as well as whose on the ice, changing up is a very important part of the game we never get to see. And as the camera follows the puck we miss many big hits away from it. Also as I much as i love the Rangers more then any other team I find it difficult to watch other random games on TV. Other sports I can watch randomly teams I dont care about. I feel a big reason is the battles that are part of the game that you just dont care who wins when watching other teams as well as the abilty to follow which players are on the ice.
I'm not sure, but on Io digital cable, they have a channel where you can toggle the camera view manually. Can anyone help me out with the name of the channel? MSG something-or-other.

Old
10-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Skroob*

They have hockey on TV now?

Old
10-09-2003, 05:44 PM
JCProdigy

Hockey is hockey and I'll take whatever form I can get it in. All you're points are well taken and there are some faults with watching it on TV but eh it's better then nothing. I know now that I have Center ice that I'll be forced to watch alot more hockey then in the past mainly because I'm payinig alot of money for the damn games. The main problem I have with watching non ranger games is that alot of times I want both teams to lose the game

...And please don't be afraid to contribute to the boards by posting. All opinions are welcomed, as long as you agree with me.

Old
10-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Absolutely, there is no comparison--hockey is by far the best game to watch live. You get to see how the whole play develops and really get an idea of how much happens away from the puck. Hockey on TV is a pale imitation.

However, I don't share your feeling about watching hockey "randomly." If anything--especially these last 6 years--watching games that don't feature the Rangers keeps me focused on what a great game hockey is. I love watching a good game, whether it's the Olympics, a Stanley Cup playoff game or a pee-wee match.

Hockey is truly the greatest game on earth.

Old
10-10-2003, 05:33 AM
NYR31

I think nearly everyone would be in agreement that hockey on the tube leaves a lot to be desired (thank gawd the fuzzy puck is no longer with us :p ), but compared to no hockey at all, it's a heck of a lot better. Plus, everyone who actually knows the game knows precisely what to look for. A newcomer to hockey won't see a fraction of what a veteran viewer will. They miss the new lines on the ice, the battles away from the puck, the subtle shifts in play that will develop into a breakaway 2-on-1.

Of course, we only get what the tubemeisters provide, so we have to make the best use of it with our superior hockey fan intellects...

Closed Thread