HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #54 vs. New Jersey Devils

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #54 vs. New Jersey Devils
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Martin Biron 3 3.33%
Ryan Callahan 15 16.67%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 1 1.11%
Vaclav Prospal 61 67.78%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Michael Sauer 4 4.44%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Mats Zuccarello 1 1.11%
Other 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
ughi knew i shouldve sold my tix for tonight... an absolute snoozefest for 2 periods, i couldnt keep up with the lines torts was putting out there, im just sick of it. Losing to the worst team in recent NHL history at home is just unacceptable. i wont be back until torts is gone, he effing BLOWS!
Good. At least people who are real fans will go to the games, then. Come on, man. Give me a break.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:47 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The fact that we use like 30 different lines every game and the fact that we haven't had set lines in 2 years might have something to do with the Torts bashing.
Scotty Bowman was probably the biggest line switching coach in NHL history. Worked for him.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

I know a lot of people want to trade for Kaberle, but I'm not even sure how much he would help, they need a Leetch-like talent to turn the PP around. It starts and end with the pointmen: they dump the puck in when they shouldn't, they can't keep the puck in, they make ill-advised passes, they shoot the puck when they don't have an open lane. Del Zotto is struggling, Gilroy does nothing, MZA isn't suited for the point, and Staal and Girardi are not PP-caliber defensemen.

This team is out of sync now and I'm hoping it's just because of the injuries. Boyle is a total nonfactor when previously he was making things happen. I don't even know what to say about Gaborik anymore. That contract looks worse each day.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

The good: Welcome back Vinny
The bad: Hank
The Redden: The PP. 1/6 or 1/7? That's not gonna win you games...ever.

That being said I'm seriously beginning to question the intelligence of the coaching staff. The Rangers go into most games and I always feel like they're being outcoached. It's very obvious in the slow starts we always come out too.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Joe screaming like a girl at the end killed me. Even I saw the puck hit the post on the live angle.

Wipe off your glasses, Michy... Good lord.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Like any other D-man, I would have pushed it under Lundqvist. Not shot it into him so it bounces off. Simple hockey sense.

I'm not really killing Girardi here. He just has these random lapses that piss me off. Any other d-man would have tucked it under his goalie, rather than shooting it at his back.
I think Girardi has been brutal since the AS break but that is a bang bang play where the puck is rolling in and his only play is to swipe at it. At least that is what I saw.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
The very good. This team has the 8th seed written ALL over it.
Really? To me this team has 9th or 10th place written ALL over it.

02-03-2011, 08:48 PM
chip chipperson*

del zotto makes me want to punch babies

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McIlrathsWrath

People on here are hilarious. Lmao. If either one if those posts go in all you people would be saying, " I love this team they never quit" and anyone who shuts the game off or walks out early is not a real fan btw.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I think Girardi has been brutal since the AS break but that is a bang bang play where the puck is rolling in and his only play is to swipe at it. At least that is what I saw.
Just not what you do as a defender. Typical play is to push it under your goalie. Not shoot it at his back.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
2 Games?????

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
92hatchattack

Lol at Gabby with his stick up in the aircelebrating hitting the post as the puck rolls by him and an open net

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
In his defense, it looked like it could have went in from the angle that was shown when he said it. Then they showed another couple of inconclusive angles and then the overhead (where you could see it just hit the post).
All he had to say was "I cant tell if that puick went in or not -- let's see the replay"

I saw the play and never once thought that puck went in until Joe starting convulsing. When they showed the replay -- proof positive that we have the 2nd biggest homer color guy in the NHL

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusted View Post
You do....root for the Rangers right? Because for someone who posts on the HFNYR board, you've never said anything positive...ever. Or show any sign of actually being a fan of the Rangers. I'm just curious.
Pretty sure he's not.

Anyway, we need to start winning these games. It's ludicrous how we can go from dominating a period to ******** the bed so fast.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Waaaaaaah nothing was good not even Prospal or Biron who pitched a shutout after he went in.Geez. This team should NOT be where it is right now it has severely overperformed. I'm so amped for the future it's not even funny but it's like you people think this should be the 1 seed right now. Let's expect a team with an entire lines worth of forwards being out of practice for a month to gel immediately that's smart
This logic fails because disappointing losses at home and not showing up until the third period have been constants for this team, even when they're playing well. If this was a new phenomenon, something that started when the injuries began, I'd buy it...but that's not the case.

We've seen that the team is capable of working hard for a full 60 minutes. Why does it happen so infrequently? Working hard like that will lead us to overachieving in the standings. But we don't do it with any kind of consistency, so it pisses some of us off.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Scotty Bowman was probably the biggest line switching coach in NHL history. Worked for him.
Cause when it worked he stuck with it til it didn't work. We find a line that works, and then after that game they never see each other again.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The fact that we use like 30 different lines every game and the fact that we haven't had set lines in 2 years might have something to do with the Torts bashing.
and then when he keeps lines ogether people keep saying theyre stale? No one is ever satisfied.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Once again this powerplay is pathetic, aside from a one man effort from prospal the powerplay was once again pathetic, I'm tired of del zotto learn how to play hockey or get the **** back to Hartford al sick of waiting for this dude to get his **** together. This powerplay is not set up for success I would really love to know what exactly torts is trying to accomplish on the powerplay because they don't play like their sole goal is to get a goal, ****ing around on the boards for 30 seconds a clip is not a powerplay effort, someone sack up take a hit an carry the puck in. It's baffling that gaborik whose suppose to be our best shooter is playing on the left side. Zucca on the point???? The point is for shooters I get it he can pass buy defensively that's going to come to bite us in the ass not to mention the defensive players are solely playing the pass they know he has no cannon and the chances of shooting are zero to none. I mean it's the same ******** every ****ing game how about playing ****ing drury-prospal-stepan and sauer-girardi because the other suckdicks are NOT GETTING IT DONE. Don't get me wrong(if anyone actually reads my rants) I love this team buy the consistent mistakes and **** that doesn't work just goes on and on unchanged. It's like you loose but don't correct mistakes just keep doing to same **** and loosing common sense would say do something about it but torts doesn't seam to be doing jack **** about anything

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
The Redden: "It's in! Sam it's in! It's in! Review it!"
Sam and Joe were awful tonight, so bad I tried to listen to the Devils telecast, but Chico is worse than both of them. Same and Joe couldn't even get our players right, "Anisimov with a good move to the net and good shot"
Joe "Oh wait, it was Prospal"
Sam "Was it?"

They stink

the end was embarrassing just like our PP

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
2 Games?????
Yes, he's been brutal for two games. So?

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Provolone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Just not what you do as a defender. Typical play is to push it under your goalie. Not shoot it at his back.
If you wanna split hairs, then Henrik shouldn't have fallen backwards while Girardi was trying to tuck it under him.

Provolone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusted View Post
and then when he keeps lines ogether people keep saying theyre stale? No one is ever satisfied.
He keeps lines togehter???

WHEN???????

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 08:51 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
If this team could score on the PP we wouldn't be in these situations, it is becoming more and more apparent each game, what were we 1-6 on the PP and 1-7 the other game? Look at tampa they are deadly on the PP and thats why they are 2nd in the conference, their goaltending is weak but they kill teams when they are up a player (we know this). Sather is going to make a deal and it won't make us a cup contender, but it could make us better.

I think del zotto is playing to see if he can help our PP, it is obvious he can't and I expect sather to make a reactionary trade, I am calling it
help our PP? Maybe by playing in the AHL

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
If this team could score on the PP we wouldn't be in these situations, it is becoming more and more apparent each game, what were we 1-6 on the PP and 1-7 the other game? Look at tampa they are deadly on the PP and thats why they are 2nd in the conference, their goaltending is weak but they kill teams when they are up a player (we know this). Sather is going to make a deal and it won't make us a cup contender, but it could make us better.

I think del zotto is playing to see if he can help our PP, it is obvious he can't and I expect sather to make a reactionary trade, I am calling it
I have no desire to shop any type of assets for a player that just makes us better, but doesn't make us contenders.

Tampa Bay is having a great regular season. However, much like the Capitals, they aren't built for postseason success. That team will come crashing back to earth in a few months.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Swedish Fish
The Future

As much as I hate gomez he knew how to enter the zone cleanly, to bad he's so overpaid

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote