HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal and Florida talking Weiss?

Old
02-03-2011, 09:04 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Weiss' NTC has kicked in...
1 spot ahead of Toronto and Ottawa who are the laughing stock of the league:

One of two teams (along with the Leafs) to do this:

7th last in attendance

I think in Weiss' case, the NTC is more to control where he potential goes, not that he has his heart set of playing for the Panthers

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I call BS on their responses. What GMs are going to say, "Yeah we were talking trade..." and then it gets both lockerrooms in a tizzy because of people not knowing who would be dealt.
Exactly what I thought when I read this quote seem so fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post

7th last in attendance

I think in Weiss' case, the NTC is more to control where he potential goes, not that he has his heart set of playing for the Panthers
yeah he is will have no problem IMO to go in a playoff team (first time in his carreer) poor guy

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-04-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:29 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Exactly. Only Burke would be arrogant enough to say he was talking trade.

A guy like Tallon wouldn't say anything like that, especially when PG is so secretive on his talks or plans...even more so than Gainey was. Saying your talking trade would probably make PG walk away.

If anything I think these guys are close on making something happen. Maybe PG is wanting some games to go by so cap space is greater and any salary coming would be lower. And Tallon could also be seeing where is team is at right now before calling it quits and throwing in the towel.

Either way two classy GM's and neither is going to admit trade talk to jeopardize their teams moral or any deal.
I'll play devil's advocate.

We know that PG has successfully operated under the radar when it comes to making deals. Since this is the case, why would he be talking about a trade in public with another GM in the Bell Centre which is swarming with journalists? There would be plenty of opportunity for the two guys to negotiate a deal in private, where someone like Basu wouldn't have glimpsed the two doing so.

The simplest explanation for these two guys being seen talking before the game last night would be something along the lines of Tallon's story that they were talking shop and catching up.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:36 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
I'll play devil's advocate.

We know that PG has successfully operated under the radar when it comes to making deals. Since this is the case, why would he be talking about a trade in public with another GM in the Bell Centre which is swarming with journalists? There would be plenty of opportunity for the two guys to negotiate a deal in private, where someone like Basu wouldn't have glimpsed the two doing so.

The simplest explanation for these two guys being seen talking before the game last night would be something along the lines of Tallon's story that they were talking shop and catching up.
Or maybe like Basu had in his article today, one or both teams have something in the works with other teams for similar players, and this was some sort of scare tactic to get those other GMs moving toward finalizing a deal.

Or it could just be nothing.

danboulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post

7th last in attendance

Take into consideration he has more than just this year left. Better teams will vie for him. Don't forget, he is in Florida; nice weather, minimal journalists. Going from that to 20 reporters in your face twisting your words and writing terrible articles about you.

Would be nice to get him, but then someone leaves. Chances are, we lose a top 6 forward to get him, or we lose some of our better prospects to acquire a poor man's Plekanec ?

Personally, if we're dealing with Florida, I'd rather get Booth if it's a forward.

24 days left.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Don't forget, he is in Florida; nice weather, minimal journalists. Going from that to 20 reporters in your face twisting your words and writing terrible articles about you.

Personally, if we're dealing with Florida, I'd rather get Booth if it's a forward.

24 days left.
Wow that's like playing some low tier Spain team Vs Manchester United...get real Weiss would love to come here.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:50 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs

Sorry but I just don't want to risk having a concussion prone player on our team.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote