HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Flyers - Lindback's Audition

Old
02-03-2011, 09:04 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Let's see, get a goal waved off. Bad for us.

Ward goes in the sin bin they score a PP goal. Bad for us. Ward should never have been in there in the first place. Briere had interfered with him in the offensive zone earlier in the sequence, nothing was called. Even the Philly announcers said they got away with one. If the refs had called the game properly on that one, we're on the PP instead of them and the game outcome is anybody's guess. It steams me that basically two goals were dictated by the refs poor decisions.

While it may be frustrating to lose, it's even more frustrating when you're having to play the refs in addition to the other team. Trotz needs to throw sticks on the ice one night. I know it would cause him to get fined and suspended for a few games but we'd sure get national attention for it and maybe a little respect in the process. Let's hope for a better outcome on Saturday night.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Nope, we're on the outside looking or clawing our way in by the end of the season.

Best case scenario now for 2010-2011 is we actually play 3 home games before the Round One exit and make enough additional Playoff revenue to flush straight down the toilet and offset *some* of the guaranteed 3.42 million loss (rounded) on the Lombardi contract for this year.

Last edited by Reviled: 02-03-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Too generous, changed 'most' to 'some'
Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:30 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post

Ward goes in the sin bin they score a PP goal. Bad for us. Ward should never have been in there in the first place. Briere had interfered with him in the offensive zone earlier in the sequence, nothing was called. Even the Philly announcers said they got away with one. If the refs had called the game properly on that one, we're on the PP instead of them and the game outcome is anybody's guess. It steams me that basically two goals were dictated by the refs poor decisions.

While it may be frustrating to lose, it's even more frustrating when you're having to play the refs in addition to the other team. Trotz needs to throw sticks on the ice one night. I know it would cause him to get fined and suspended for a few games but we'd sure get national attention for it and maybe a little respect in the process. Let's hope for a better outcome on Saturday night.
Trotz is the perfect loser he would never ever do anything like that

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post

I can't imagine anyone gaining respect from doing something like that. Maybe respect from HFboards and the YouTube community.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:22 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I can't imagine anyone gaining respect from doing something like that. Maybe respect from HFboards and the YouTube community.
Well it sends a message to the league that they should take notice how officiating can ruin the outcome of a game and maybe they would also take notice to all the BS that has happened to us.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:22 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Wanted to hope in here and say, I enjoyed listening to your announcers. One of the few unbiased ones in the league, who not only praise their players but also the other teams.

Good hard fought game guys! Goodluck to you guys also

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:22 AM
MsWoof

I watched Nashville's feed last night and your assistant coach explained why the goal was called back in detail and didn't seem at all upset. Trotz also didn't seem worked up. Is that the way they always are? We went through that with our previous coach who seemed to have no emotions. Your assistant coach said it was due to both feet being in the crease and seemed satisfied with it.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I watched Nashville's feed last night and your assistant coach explained why the goal was called back in detail and didn't seem at all upset. Trotz also didn't seem worked up. Is that the way they always are? We went through that with our previous coach who seemed to have no emotions. Your assistant coach said it was due to both feet being in the crease and seemed satisfied with it.
Sometimes the coaches tear into the refs and sometimes they don't. I have no real rhyme or reason when it happens. Come to think of it usually during home games Trotz will get on the refs more than away games.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:45 AM
PredsChik

Funny how away fans like Pete and Terry when I spend most away game nights cursing them.

I went into that one expecting to lose and not care and am more pissed than I was about either of the Calgary games.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Jarnberg

This game, and the last few, are perfect examples of why this team cannot get to the next level. This team works hard all night, gets good enough play to be in the game until the third, where the scoring cannot either get the go ahead goal or score the goal to ice the game. As good as defense/goaltending as we have, if you cannot apply more offensive pressure or get results in the offensive zone, you will eventually get burned by other team's offensive talent.

Basically our playoff battles in a nutshell.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:56 AM
RollingPredFan

Honestly in the 2nd when we had the goal waved off and we didn't bury all those good chances I said to myself we were going to lose in the 3rd period. And lo and behold... its been the pattern. It's not that we are playing bad, just not good enough to win lol

I love that we are a great defensive hockey team, but sometimes I wish we would go ahead and trade Suter or Weber for an actual reliable goal scorer. Yeah I know we'd miss that but we got a crapload of prospects about ready to come up...

Bah.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:53 AM
token grinder

so will all you people still be doom and gloom when we run off 4 or 5 on a row here shortly? nice that a 4 game losing streak and we still sit in decent shape. We need STL and Columbus to be competitive for a while still though

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:56 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Honestly in the 2nd when we had the goal waved off and we didn't bury all those good chances I said to myself we were going to lose in the 3rd period. And lo and behold... its been the pattern. It's not that we are playing bad, just not good enough to win lol

I love that we are a great defensive hockey team, but sometimes I wish we would go ahead and trade Suter or Weber for an actual reliable goal scorer. Yeah I know we'd miss that but we got a crapload of prospects about ready to come up...

Bah.
That wouldn't solve anything beside we would just draft another D. If we can't sign or trade for an offensive star then we'll always play this game of just making the playoffs or not making the playoffs and exit with a good fight like always. We have the goaltending and defense to make a deep run we just need an elite scorer to take he pressure off the other forwards. But with Trotz if we had Ovechkin he would try to make him into another Legwand

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:06 AM
hatedandproud

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
so will all you people still be doom and gloom when we run off 4 or 5 on a row here shortly? nice that a 4 game losing streak and we still sit in decent shape. We need STL and Columbus to be competitive for a while still though
Thank you!!!!

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:06 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
I'm not doom and gloom, I'm just angry.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Greg1420

+1 for the Trotz meltdown. It's due and would be a slap on the wrist punishment. 100% sure it would help the team going into end of season with calls as well as playoffs. Should be big enough for good local and national attention, but not any bigger than would warrant more than a two game suspension. Whatever the smallish fine may be, it'd be a great investment in terms of exposure because he's Barry Trotz and he's due- so folks won't think we're just crazy. I'd chip in for Barry.

It also may be the only way Hornquist gets a break/respect.

Also, I hate you Leggy. three golden opportunities.

Greg1420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

You know, I would cry about this but in 2010:

Lost job,

Buried the love of my life,

GI track shut down,

Buddy is being framed for a crime he didn't commit,

Dad got cancer,

Now the state wants to put me in a disability program because of potential autism and a concussion I got while trying to get my master's in Chattanooga effecting my memory.

The Preds lost 4 in a row, big friggin deal. Yeah we want wins but guess what.

The world isn't out to get you. It's as fair as it gets but you need to move forward with a positive attitude.

It's a game you fought for so learn that you need to kick back and enjoy what you fought for even if the team loses.

The first thing you need to learn is find out what yourself and/or team is good at and what your/it's weaknesses are. Then you can compensate and move forward.

This team needs to work on goal scoring. Fine, that can be fixed rather quickly. A crappy farm system can't, that takes decades.

This team is 4th in the west. There's 8 other teams in the west who would like that. This team has a tons of defensemen and some will have to be moved.

Lombardi is done, O'Reilly is most likely done for the year, and when Tootoo comes back Nashville will have too many wings.

You can't go 82-0 and you can't be perfect in life. When you learn that you realize hockey and life are a lot better and a lot more enjoyable.

Quit worrying about the problems and start worrying about the solutions. Poile, Trotz, and the players are probably doing that right now.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:03 PM
token grinder

RE: a trotz meltdown

sure it would be funny at the time, and would appease some fans,

BUT, this is more than likely to happen:

Trotz gets fined and suspended
Org could get fined
Our reputation as an organization drops
we have a diva coach in the eyes of many fans who we are trying to sell to
our own players lose a little respect for him bc he preached level headedness
embarrasses the organization nationally, as we have a coach that throws temper tantrums when things dont go his way

Old
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
glenngineer

My temper tantrum comment was more tongue in cheek than anything.

Honestly, I'm not worried that the goal got waved off as much as a penalty wasn't called on Briere prior to Ward getting called for a penalty. That to me was more of a travesty. I can see how what Hornqvist did or didn't do was missed or misconstrued. What Briere did on Ward was blatant interference.

This is what bothers me most, the inconsistencies in interference calls. If a guy doesn't have the puck, you can't touch him and that happened twice to us last night that it wasn't called.

Oh well. We're still in fourth. We're not playing bad hockey at all. Our goalies have looked relatively sharp coming off of a break in the schedule which is huge since those guys get into a rhythm and if they fall out of it, it can take a while to get back in the groove.

Old
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
I think this is a really good point - part of what has made it possible for us to live with our little "off" streaks is the level of competitiveness in the west, with only Edmonton really stinking. If StL and CBUS decide to call it a day cause they see a sellers market for their expendable assets, this division is gonna' go from brutal to a bad losing streak costing ya'. Right now, you just look at Calgary and the streak they've had and they hardly budged. Sure, by the numbers they're more competitive, but they still are behind a bunch of teams. With our streakiness we need that kinda' competitiveness.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
predfan24

Quote:
I'm not doom and glooming I'm just frustrated as I'm sure the players are. We are on a 4 game losing streak where honestly we haven't played bad in any of those games. But the problems we are seeing are the same old problems we have year after year. That is frustrating. Add in the fact the last month or so we have gave up way too many crucial goals late in games. Just very frustrating right now as a fan. I'm still confident in the group but if you can't vent over these forums sometimes where can you vent?

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:48 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

This losing streak does suck. We should have beaten Calgary at least once. The rested, optimistic me looks at it as we skated with the two best teams in the league and looked like we belonged right there with them. I hate losing, but if you can take it to Vancouver and Philly you're doing something right. I just wish we had more consistent offense.

FWIW I thought Lindback looked pretty good considering he hasn't played since that awful game against Chicago. My brother was at a restaurant and texted me after that stop he made on Briere. It said "Rinne is awesome". I had to let him know that Lindback was actually in net, and he was pretty surprised. We have goaltending and defense. Poile HAS to make a case for getting some offensive help up front if the owners are at all skeptical. It's the only thing we're missing.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:39 PM
token grinder

i guess my point is we are never as good as we seem during the hot streaks and we are never as bad as we seem during the cold streaks

Old
02-04-2011, 09:40 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
i guess my point is we are never as good as we seem during the hot streaks and we are never as bad as we seem during the cold streaks
Sure we are. You obviously don't read the boards enough.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:21 PM
hockey diva

I'm always doom and gloom, ask the folks I sit with lol.

We see the same holes in our game year after year and nothing gets done about them. I am beyond frustrated, I want a change in management and coaching.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote