HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Phileeguy
Take it, Lou.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I agree. 13 was pretty bad. The last few have been IMO. 7, 8, and 9 are my faves. FFVII is the best game ever made, hands down. Nothing will ever compare to it in my book.
Granted 7 is the best of the FF series. I won't argue that. I do think that the fact it was the first on the PS and both graphically and functionally leaps and bounds better than previous games helps it out relatively more than it should in terms of being the best. IMO, Had the US FF2 and FF3 (IV and VI Japan/INT) been afforded the same luxury they might be thought of as being nearly as good as VII. But since this is completely speculative I'll leave that idea alone for now.

But 8 is one of your faves?! I've already stipulated 7 was the best, and I'll agree 9 was pretty decent, as was X, but I couldn't really ever get into 8. Way too slow of a start and way too tedious for me. I can't comment on any past X as I haven't played them. To each his (or her) own I guess.

Old
02-03-2011, 09:46 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Call me crazy, but I don't find wandering aimlessly around expansive maps to be all that fun.
It is fun once you get a boat or a flying ship!

Old
02-03-2011, 09:49 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Granted 7 is the best of the FF series. I won't argue that. I do think that the fact it was the first on the PS and both graphically and functionally leaps and bounds better than previous games helps it out relatively more than it should in terms of being the best. IMO, Had the US FF2 and FF3 (IV and VI Japan/INT) been afforded the same luxury they might be thought of as being nearly as good as VII. But since this is completely speculative I'll leave that idea alone for now.

But 8 is one of your faves?! I've already stipulated 7 was the best, and I'll agree 9 was pretty decent, as was X, but I couldn't really ever get into 8. Way too slow of a start and way too tedious for me. I can't comment on any past X as I haven't played them. To each his (or her) own I guess.
Honestly I find it hard to say FF VII is better than FF VI. FF IV although great, is a step behind those two.

Old
02-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Nothing like a Ground War Domination match where myself and one other person are making any attempt to cap flags.

Old
02-03-2011, 10:32 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Anyone else have problems playing Dead Space for more than 2 hours at a time? It just starts messing with my head since I only play at night with all the lights off and the sound up with a semi-surround sound setup haha

Old
02-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I'm better with the tomahawk than I am with nades.

Old
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
SolidSnakeUS

My one friend refuses to play Killzone 3 Beta till he gets platinum on Dead Space 2...

Old
02-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Well, I keep getting put onto teams that are getting demolished. Guess I'll just play with sniper and see how I like it.

Old
02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I can say, shotguns in K3, act like shotguns. If you point blank someone, they die. No one or 2 more shots later.

Old
02-03-2011, 11:40 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
It is fun once you get a boat or a flying ship!
I also don't enjoy being forced to drive/sail/fly half way around the world just to get where I want to go. I don't care if it doesn't make sense, just take me there instantly.

Old
02-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Hm. Sniper class in Black Ops is very useful for locking down an area in domination. I can't do crap with it in deathmatch.

annnd I just got 6 tomahawk kills in a match.

edit: I only had about 14 kills. haha. Thank you Goldeneye Throwing knives, for training me at a young age.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 02-04-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old
02-04-2011, 12:40 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Going to start up Mass Effect 2 to break up my unhealthy amounts of FIFA playing. Game looks amazing.

Old
02-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
Going to start up Mass Effect 2 to break up my unhealthy amounts of FIFA playing. Game looks amazing.
You won't be disappointed.

Old
02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
If you played the first one you might, IMO ME2 completely ****ed the inventory system. Also scanning for materials was completely boring.

Old
02-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Hey Jester, what's your PSN?
JesterPhD might be an underscore, I forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Nothing like a Ground War Domination match where myself and one other person are making any attempt to cap flags.
I don't have a mic... but I want one just so I can yell at people in Domination.

Quote:
I'm better with the tomahawk than I am with nades.
I haven't used the tomahawk yet outside of a game of sticks and stones. I do enjoy some of the crazy youtube clips of people throwing 'em around. I like to use the ballistic knife, though. The improved knifing when you're rushing a room can be pretty helpful.

Quote:
My one friend refuses to play Killzone 3 Beta till he gets platinum on Dead Space 2...
Well, he better get on the killzone beta, I think it's done on Sunday... right?

Quote:
Well, I keep getting put onto teams that are getting demolished. Guess I'll just play with sniper and see how I like it.
Ha. Yeah, I definitely have been doing that some lately. Particularly on Havana when my team blows monkey ass. It's actually really good to have at least one sniper on Havana to do counter-sniper work across the map.

Quote:
I can say, shotguns in K3, act like shotguns. If you point blank someone, they die. No one or 2 more shots later.
I haven't used the shotgun yet, but I gotta say the assault rifle is pretty nice. I like the rifle, too, but it seems worthless given that it takes a couple of shots with it.

I'm wildly inconsistent in the games I've played so far... some great, some bad. The push to make the controls a bit more like COD was a good move, IMO... but it's still not quite the same, and that is messing me up.

Quote:
Hm. Sniper class in Black Ops is very useful for locking down an area in domination. I can't do crap with it in deathmatch.

edit: I only had about 14 kills. haha. Thank you Goldeneye Throwing knives, for training me at a young age.
You can do some more sniping than originally if you were good with the sniper in previous CODs, but it's still tough. I can go positive in TDM sniping (was never a quickscoper), but it's more of the 10-5 range and campy. As opposed to normally getting 15+ kills in TDM.

I played some COD after KZ3 last night at about 1230, and was ripping it up on the folks that were around. I will say that the total number playing seemed to have taken a hit with the KZ3 demo being out. It was roughly 300K online at around midnight.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

I snipe in Capture the Flag. I can snipe in Team Deathmatch on Array and dominate. I CAN snipe in Domination as well.

It's just easier to go Ghost and Silencer and find cover and wait for people though.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
If you played the first one you might, IMO ME2 completely ****ed the inventory system. Also scanning for materials was completely boring.
SEMI-SPOILER ALERT!

It was also kind of lame how like 80% of the story was "go find these people to help you out with your 1 hour long mission."

Old
02-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Snipsnap12

Hey guys some nhl 11 talk (xbox 360).... gamertag JRnova12.... I play fairly often ranked 87 overall online..... Just a question for anyone else who plays specifically with the flyers.... does anyone know why bobrovsky is only rated a 77.... I mean I know he is a rookie but there have been plenty of updates and his record and stats speak for themselves.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I snipe in Capture the Flag. I can snipe in Team Deathmatch on Array and dominate. I CAN snipe in Domination as well.

It's just easier to go Ghost and Silencer and find cover and wait for people though.
I was going to snipe in Domination on Array the other day for fun... and ended up playing against a team that literally wasn't playing the objective AT ALL. Like, we beat them 200-40 or something. Needless to say, I stopped sniping because I was getting taken out by dudes coming from all sorts of random locations (triple cap), who weren't even bothering to look at flags.

But you can do a lot of good sniping from either then power tower, or the roundhouse overlooking B flag. Also good views along the back from C flag, and on the top looking down towards A flag.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:42 AM
agrudez*

Out of curiosity, have any of you final fantasy fanboys played tactics? That is by faaaaaaar my favorite game ever made. The only game ever made that I could restart instantly after beating and still enjoy the hell out of it.

As for the discussion...

X-2 and IX were horrible and I flat out quit.

VII and VI were by far the best and I finished multiple times.

VIII and XII were enjoyable and I finished at least twice, the card games and hunting quests were fantastic.

X was okay and I finished it once, blitzball was its most redeeming quality.

I played XIII on a rental and got halfway through, but decided to not re-rent to finish it. It seemed like it had SO much potential because I enjoyed the class system IDEA and such... but it just did not deliver at all... and how the **** do you not have a world map in this day and age? Are we playing ****ing Mario Bros. or an expansive RPG?

Old
02-04-2011, 12:27 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Out of curiosity, have any of you final fantasy fanboys played tactics? That is by faaaaaaar my favorite game ever made. The only game ever made that I could restart instantly after beating and still enjoy the hell out of it.

As for the discussion...

X-2 and IX were horrible and I flat out quit.

VII and VI were by far the best and I finished multiple times.

VIII and XII were enjoyable and I finished at least twice, the card games and hunting quests were fantastic.

X was okay and I finished it once, blitzball was its most redeeming quality.

I played XIII on a rental and got halfway through, but decided to not re-rent to finish it. It seemed like it had SO much potential because I enjoyed the class system IDEA and such... but it just did not deliver at all... and how the **** do you not have a world map in this day and age? Are we playing ****ing Mario Bros. or an expansive RPG?
The lack of world map in XIII makes it pretty clear they didn't intend it to be an expansive RPG. I still don't see the appeal of that.

Old
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Yea Mass Effect 1 was better. I honestly think it is one of the best I have ever played, but Mass Effect 2 was still a great game. Also, IMO FF VIII is the best game ever made.

Old
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Excellent, I love the look of the game. Any tips for an ME noob? It seems pretty simple, but I thought the same thing with Dragon Age Origins and I totally ****ed my first character up.

Which reminds me, next DA comes out soon... should be boss.

Old
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass about Dragon Age? I did love ME2. I played very, very little of the first one, didn't like how the shooting was, but man ME2 was amazing.

Old
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass about Dragon Age? I did love ME2. I played very, very little of the first one, didn't like how the shooting was, but man ME2 was amazing.
Have you played DA? When I was watching my roommate play it didn't seem that interesting, but once I started a character I really got into it.

Closed Thread