HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus-Ottawa Trade

Old
02-04-2011, 03:59 AM
ayham9

vCash: 500
Columbus-Ottawa Trade

I would think the senators would definitely be interested in inquiring about Steve Mason if he was available. Since one of the sens' many needs is a number one goalie and the blue jackets are still in need of a number 1 center to play with nash. How about a trade surrounding these 2?

How about:

To Ottawa:

Mason
Fliatov
Salary Dump

To Columbus:
Spezza

Possibly a pick going either way to balance things out.

ayham9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:04 AM
Xelstyle

Unless you're taking Vermette back as a salary dump, there really is no space for Spezza. And that just sounds silly.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
Unless you're taking Vermette back as a salary dump, there really is no space for Spezza. And that just sounds silly.
I'm sure the Jackets could make space for the #1 center they've never had.

Vermette can play wing, too.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Gulvorn

Where can I sign?

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Xelstyle

I forgot about Vermette being on the wing before. Still though, the Blue Jackets need to move somebody from the second line to make some sort of space. I'd probably say Huselius would be the one that Blue Jackets would throw in as a dump but I don't know if Ottawa would want to do this deal. It just seems like they could get much more if they plan to trade away a legitimate #1C.

Voracek-Brassard-Nash
Umberger-Vermette-Huselius
Dorsett-Pahlsson-Murray
Calvert-MacKenzie-Boll

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Moller

Horrible deal.

Filatov is not going to replace what Spezza brings.

Also, being a Senators fan you should know what it will be like without Spezza in your lineup. They said the other night during the Detroit game that without Spezza in the lineup our goals for was like 1.6/game.

Stop trying to trade him.

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:39 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

i dont understand why the jackets would do this, who will they run with in their net? garon? sure he is good but he's not going to eventually outplay mason, filatov they are taking time with him even though it's not been a great time i guess?

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:43 AM
ayham9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
Horrible deal.

Filatov is not going to replace what Spezza brings.

Also, being a Senators fan you should know what it will be like without Spezza in your lineup. They said the other night during the Detroit game that without Spezza in the lineup our goals for was like 1.6/game.

Stop trying to trade him.
If the senators are rebuilding, 2 of the top 4 players this draft are centers...here is one...plus if anything this will set them up for another lottery pick next year....as long as we keep spezza we will always be a bottom 10 team but not bad enough to draft in the top 5....i am sick of being medicore.....they should do exactly what edmonton is doing and I hope that will happen

There is no denying spezza makes our team a lot better. I just believe it's time to try a different direction with a new young core

ayham9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:40 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

No more Spezza proposals. Jesus! Why the hell would we trade Spezza? Are you even a Sens fan? Doubtful. But yes, let's trade our #1 Center who has 3 80 point seasons and is pretty much a PPG player and will be the face our franchise for many years, for a young RUSSIAN who is already showing signs of not complying for his NHL team. Even if Filatov hadn't had these problems, the value is nowhere near fair.

Give your head a shake, OP.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:02 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
As a CBJ fan - Where do I sign?

This is one of the best Spezza proposals going to the CBJ. CBJ gives up a Russian Prospect, who may never mount to much in the NHL. Mason - has not shown any signs of him returning to his Calder Winning form.

We could also dump some 3rd/4th line salary, to make room for Spezza + signing a goalie in the off season

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Sureves

As sens fans already pointed out there is about a 0 percent chance we trade Spezza. Our team needs young, top level offense, and you want to trade...young, top level offense? What the hell? No.

And fisher isn't available either while we're at it. Our real availables that no one seems to realize is probably one of 3 dman prospects, in exchange for a forward prospect with equal talent.

I haven't been following Filatov's performance so sorry if this is a homer proposal but CBJ fans:

Wiercioch for filatov

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Fisher is available for the right price.

Spezza is simply not available. Period. Stop asking about him. Stop offering deals including him. I don't care if you offer Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos and Hall. The answer is no.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:41 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Columbus fans giggle madly. Want us to throw in a jar of Vaseline with that?

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post

Spezza is simply not available. Period. Stop asking about him. Stop offering deals including him. I don't care if you offer Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos and Hall. The answer is no.
Well yeh fish is available for a 1st and a prospect (I actually believe that's what murray wants and that he's not bluffing) but no one is gonna offer that and anything less is a sideways move. How many first round picks outside the top 5 become as good as fisher? Not many.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:

The Jackets don't want or need Fisher (especially for the lolworthy price), and you make it sound like it was a Jackets fan who made this thread.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Cherith Cutestory

Quote:

Um...I care.

Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Chungo

Why wouldn't both teams do this or:

Ottawa trades:
Phillips
Spezza

to Columbus for:
Mason
Filatov
1st round

Ottawa gets a goalie that still has a positive upside and a blue-chip LW and add in the two peices that Columbus is missing in a #1C and a defensive-D in Phillips.

Ottawa gets the rebuild they need and Columbus gets the defense and centre they need. Ottawa needs to get rid of Spezza, he is a defensive liability that turns the puck over with his stupid no look passes. They will get a blue-chip Centre in the draft and with Spezza out could be in the Top 3 and possibly get Nugent-Hopkins or Couture that can play defensive game as well.

Plus, they can get a solid prospect as a defense or winger.

Both teams win...Leafs fan who is not biased (I like the Sens too). You need to get rid of Spezza, this team won't get better with him staying.

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:09 AM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet 3 Dog View Post
Um...I care.
Me too

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:25 AM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post

Ottawa trades:
Phillips
Spezza

to Columbus for:
Mason
Filatov
1st round

Ottawa gets a goalie that still has a positive upside and a blue-chip LW and add in the two peices that Columbus is missing in a #1C and a defensive-D in Phillips.

Ottawa gets the rebuild they need and Columbus gets the defense and centre they need. Ottawa needs to get rid of Spezza, he is a defensive liability that turns the puck over with his stupid no look passes. They will get a blue-chip Centre in the draft and with Spezza out could be in the Top 3 and possibly get Nugent-Hopkins or Couture that can play defensive game as well.

Both teams win...Leafs fan who is not biased (I like the Sens too). You need to get rid of Spezza, this team won't get better with him staying.
If Spezza goes to CLB, OTT needs 1 of Brassard or Johansen coming back.

To CLB
Spezza

To OTT
Brassard
Voracek

or

To CLB
Spezza
Gonchar/Phillips

To Ott
Brassard
Voracek
Mason
Salary dump

Old
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post

Ottawa trades:
Phillips
Spezza

to Columbus for:
Mason
Filatov
1st round

Columbus doesn't need a Defensive D, we need a PMD. We have Defensive D, who cost much less than Phillips.

Old
02-04-2011, 09:29 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
If Spezza goes to CLB, OTT needs 1 of Brassard or Johansen coming back.

To CLB
Spezza

To OTT
Brassard
Voracek

or

To CLB
Spezza
Gonchar/Phillips

To Ott
Brassard
Voracek
Mason
Salary dump
I would counter your second deal to look like this:

To CLB:
Spezza
Gonchar

To OTT:
Voracek
Filatov (If Needed)
Mason
Salary Dump

I can't give up Brassard and Voracek, plus Voracek is an RFA, which essentially puts Ottawa in the drivers seat for a re-sign.

Old
02-04-2011, 09:38 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post

To CLB:
Spezza
Gonchar

To OTT:
Voracek
Filatov (If Needed)
Mason
Salary Dump

I can't give up Brassard and Voracek, plus Voracek is an RFA, which essentially puts Ottawa in the drivers seat for a re-sign.

Forget Gonchar- he is Ottawa's biggest disappointment this year. He was Murray's huge mistake of the off-season.

To OTT
Voracek
Filatov
Mason

To CLB
Spezza
Elliott

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:44 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Forget Gonchar- he is Ottawa's biggest disappointment this year. He was Murray's huge mistake of the off-season.

To OTT
Voracek
Filatov
Mason

To CLB
Spezza
Elliott
Pairing Gonchar and Tyutin would be an instant success. They are good friends, both play with the Russian National team. That would be a pairing who could shut down top lines, each guy could chip in 35+ pts per year, and they can each eat up 25+ minutes per night TOI.

Yup sounds like something we would never want in Columbus. We need more Kris Russell. Why would we want Brian Elliott? Even the Sens don't want Elliott, they boo the guy when he comes onto the ice. I would sign a UFA Goalie (Vokoun) in the off season - instead of taking on Brian Elliott.

Old
02-04-2011, 09:49 AM
wilfred

Quote:

To CLB:
Spezza
Gonchar

To OTT:
Voracek
Filatov (If Needed)
Mason
Salary Dump

I don't understand why you could not trade Brassard if Spezza was going the other way. Spezza, Vermette, Johansen would be a great top 3 centers.

Filatov- I think he is a great prospect and I would love to have him on the Sens, but Ottawa doesn't seem to like Russian prospects. They had a couple bad experiences and they don't draft them anymore.

Gonchar- is still top 10 PP qb in the game and his d is not as bad as his +/- would suggest, Ottawa has been a mess this year.

Old
02-04-2011, 09:51 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Pairing Gonchar and Tyutin would be an instant success. They are good friends, both play with the Russian National team. That would be a pairing who could shut down top lines, each guy could chip in 35+ pts per year, and they can each eat up 25+ minutes per night TOI.

Yup sounds like something we would never want in Columbus. We need more Kris Russell. Why would we want Brian Elliott? Even the Sens don't want Elliott, they boo the guy when he comes onto the ice. I would sign a UFA Goalie (Vokoun) in the off season - instead of taking on Brian Elliott.
I don't think you've watched Gonchar this year. He's a shadow of his former self. Comparable to Stralman.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote