HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus-Ottawa Trade

Old
02-04-2011, 09:52 AM
wilfred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
Pairing Gonchar and Tyutin would be an instant success. They are good friends, both play with the Russian National team. That would be a pairing who could shut down top lines, each guy could chip in 35+ pts per year, and they can each eat up 25+ minutes per night TOI.

Yup sounds like something we would never want in Columbus. We need more Kris Russell. Why would we want Brian Elliott? Even the Sens don't want Elliott, they boo the guy when he comes onto the ice. I would sign a UFA Goalie (Vokoun) in the off season - instead of taking on Brian Elliott.
They were booing Clouston(coach) for pulling Lehner not Elliott for coming in.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayham9 View Post
I would think the senators would definitely be interested in inquiring about Steve Mason if he was available. Since one of the sens' many needs is a number one goalie and the blue jackets are still in need of a number 1 center to play with nash. How about a trade surrounding these 2?

How about:

To Ottawa:

Mason
Fliatov
Salary Dump

To Columbus:
Spezza

Possibly a pick going either way to balance things out.
As much as Columbus would want a #1 center, I can't see them trading those 2 for Spezza with his current contract. His value is about 1/4 that which leads me to think he is going nowhere.

I don't see Mason going anywhere unless there is a top young player going back. I'm sure they are just seeing what they can get for him moreso than desperately trying to dump him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
I don't understand why you could not trade Brassard if Spezza was going the other way. Spezza, Vermette, Johansen would be a great top 3 centers.

Filatov- I think he is a great prospect and I would love to have him on the Sens, but Ottawa doesn't seem to like Russian prospects. They had a couple bad experiences and they don't draft them anymore.

Gonchar- is still top 10 PP qb in the game and his d is not as bad as his +/- would suggest, Ottawa has been a mess this year.
Thinking back on it, you're right we could give up Brassard and not feel it as much as I thought.

I have no problem swapping Brassard back into this deal. Lets leave it up to you guys as an either/or. Filatov or Brassard.

I also agree with you about Gonchar.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:53 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
They were booing Clouston(coach) for pulling Lehner not Elliott for coming in.
Sorry - I was (as well as NHL Network) under the impression that they were booing Elliott comming in.

Hasn't he been pulled quite frequently this year?

Old
02-04-2011, 10:00 AM
wilfred

Quote:
Sorry - I was (as well as NHL Network) that they were booing Elliott comming in.

He has certainly not had a very good year, but it is a team issue. IMO he is a solid back up and will be on the Sens next year(unless traded).

Old
02-04-2011, 10:02 AM
SpezDispenser

Spezza's not moving.

Why is Vorachek apparently available and what is Columbus looking for? If the Sens and Columbus make a deal, I could see it being around him.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
As much as Columbus would want a #1 center, I can't see them trading those 2 for Spezza with his current contract. His value is about 1/4 that which leads me to think he is going nowhere.

I don't see Mason going anywhere unless there is a top young player going back. I'm sure they are just seeing what they can get for him moreso than desperately trying to dump him.
I think you are right I doubt he will be moved. If you look at it the other way Ottawa was a 500 team with Spezza in the line-up and they have 1 win in the last 16 with him out of the line up. You could certainly argue that he has alot of value because of those stats.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Spezza's not moving.

Why is Vorachek apparently available and what is Columbus looking for? If the Sens and Columbus make a deal, I could see it being around him.
Voracek is available because Columbus needs to make moves. He seems to be a piece that a lot of teams are interested in.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Brassard
Filatov
Mason

for

Spezza
Any goalie in your system you would be comfortable dealing here.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:07 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Sorry - I was (as well as NHL Network) that they were booing Elliott comming in.

The last goal Lehner gave up was a fluke. The last goal Lehner gave up pinballed off of Foligno's stick after a bad turnover by Phillips.He also was victimized by horrible halfhearted play by Kuba. He had two turnovers on one sequence which caused the Draper goal.

Clouston said he made the change to shake up the team, and the Sens did score within a minute or two. Elliott had nothing to do with it. Clouston has made a number of questionable moves this season.

Back to the trade, Gonchar is 36 years old, is washed up and he has two more seasons at $5.5 million. I wouldn't take him, even on waivers.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:10 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
The last goal Lehner gave up was a fluke. The last goal Lehner gave up pinballed off of Foligno's stick after a bad turnover by Phillips.He also was victimized by horrible halfhearted play by Kuba. He had two turnovers on one sequence which caused the Draper goal.

Clouston said he made the change to shake up the team, and the Sens did score within a minute or two. Elliott had nothing to do with it. Clouston has made a number of questionable moves this season.

Back to the trade, Gonchar is 36 years old, is washed up and he has two more seasons at $5.5 million. I wouldn't take him, even on waivers.
So you wouldn't take Lidstrom - because of his age?

Old
02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Voracek is available because Columbus needs to make moves. He seems to be a piece that a lot of teams are interested in.
Of course, nice young forward with skill. I could see something around Fisher + 2012 1st + Campoli for Vorachek + Klesla, but I might be way off.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:12 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Spezza's not moving.

Columbus needs a #1 Center and young top pairing defensemen that can move the puck.

The attractive Sens are Spezza, Rundblad, Weircioch, and Cowen. Of course Karlsson.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Ludicrous Speed

lol where did he say anything about Lidstrom? Some players can play longer than others; 36 is an age where it shouldn't surprise anyone if the guy is declining.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Of course, nice young forward with skill. I could see something around Fisher + 2012 1st + Campoli for Vorachek + Klesla, but I might be way off.
You are, no offense. Voracek would only be dealt to Ottawa if Spezza was coming the other way (not straight up, of course). Though if we were making an offer for Spezza, I'd try to keep Jake from being dealt, but if it was the only way to get it done I might give in.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Columbus needs a #1 Center and young top pairing defensemen that can move the puck.

The attractive Sens are Spezza, Rundblad, Weircioch, and Cowen. Of course Karlsson.
We'd be selling Wiercioch so low right now though, I'm sure GMs realize the value of a 6'5", puck-mover, but his first year of pro hasn't gone well, so if we're including him in deals and getting jobbed, we might wait.

If the BJs truly realize his potential, then there's a deal to be had there for sure. He's behind the two big guns in Rundblad and Karlsson, so I could see him being moved at some point for a young forward.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:16 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
You are, no offense. Voracek would only be dealt to Ottawa if Spezza was coming the other way (not straight up, of course). Though if we were making an offer for Spezza, I'd try to keep Jake from being dealt, but if it was the only way to get it done I might give in.
What? Why are Vorachek and Spezza being mentioned in the same sentence?

Old
02-04-2011, 10:17 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
So you wouldn't take Lidstrom - because of his age?
Gonchar couldn't caddy for Lidstrom.

Gonchar is done, Lidstrom doesn't seem to age.

Don't get me wrong, Gonchar at 32 would have been an awesome get.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
What? Why are Vorachek and Spezza being mentioned in the same sentence?
Uh, well this thread has been filled with proposals that include Voracek plus other pieces for Spezza. I explicitly said it wouldn't be straight up. Calm down there bud.

Point is, I wouldn't target anything other than Spezza or Karlsson if I'm trading Jake. Fisher, Campoli, and a pick doesn't interest me, it just brings in more 2nd liners and 3rd pair defensemen. We need an upgrade.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:20 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Uh, well this thread has been filled with proposals that include Voracek plus other pieces for Spezza. I explicitly said it wouldn't be straight up. Calm down there bud.
I skip over silly proposals that involve Spezza - because the plus that goes with Vorachek would be a huge piece that BJ fans would scoff at. I can't even think of what would make it worthwhile for the Sens to move Spezza to Columbus. Brassard, Vorachek and a 1st sounds right, but then where does Ottawa get their top line center?

PS - I'm calm as calm can be thanks.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:24 AM
wilfred

Quote:

Point is, I wouldn't target anything other than Spezza or Karlsson if I'm trading Jake. Fisher, Campoli, and a pick doesn't interest me, it just brings in more 2nd liners and 3rd pair defensemen. We need an upgrade.
Don't take it personally alot of Sens fans get a little excited when someone starts mentioning tradind Spezza. Sens fans are split, some wanna try a one year retool and others want a full rebuild, it is easy to see who is who.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
I skip over silly proposals that involve Spezza - because the plus that goes with Vorachek would be a huge piece that BJ fans would scoff at. I can't even think of what would make it worthwhile for the Sens to move Spezza to Columbus. Brassard, Vorachek and a 1st sounds right, but then where does Ottawa get their top line center?

PS - I'm calm as calm can be thanks.
Alright, well I could ask "Why are Fisher and Campoli being mentioned in the same sentence as Voracek?" quite easily. The two players don't interest me, and while the pick is nice, it just puts us farther behind on developing talent. I like Fisher, but don't know where he would fit here, and a player who we don't have room for doesn't interest me in trading Voracek.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:50 AM
YZ77

Quote:
I would think the senators would definitely be interested in inquiring about Steve Mason if he was available. Since one of the sens' many needs is a number one goalie and the blue jackets are still in need of a number 1 center to play with nash. How about a trade surrounding these 2?

How about:

To Ottawa:

Mason
Fliatov
Salary Dump

To Columbus:
Spezza

Possibly a pick going either way to balance things out.
You proposed this as a Sens fan??? Shame on you.

If the Sens were ever inclined to trade Spezza to Columbus, the return would have to include at least one of Voracek/Brassard/Johansen among other significant pieces.

Safe to say, Spezza is likely to remain a Senator for years to come.

YZ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:54 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Alright, well I could ask "Why are Fisher and Campoli being mentioned in the same sentence as Voracek?" quite easily. The two players don't interest me, and while the pick is nice, it just puts us farther behind on developing talent. I like Fisher, but don't know where he would fit here, and a player who we don't have room for doesn't interest me in trading Voracek.
If Fisher, Campoli and a 1st is too little for Vorachek, then the Sens aren't interested.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:57 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
To Ottawa:

Mason
Fliatov
Salary Dump

To Columbus:
Spezza
WOW! from a Sens fan??????

this one is just brutal from OTT's P.O.V.

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote