HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/LAK: 2 proposals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2011, 10:20 PM
  #26
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Penner is not worth a top prospect or pick. The guy has had 1 good season and makes way too much coin for the 1 dimensional game he plays. I'd be pissed if Lombardi gave up more than a 2nd rounder for him.
Everything in this post shows that you don't know anything about Dustin Penner.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:21 PM
  #27
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
If you could get Schenn now, then you could take a defenseman like Larsson this year might be his way of thinking.
Maybe, but my point is that you give up two legitimate top line players for a nice prospect who projects to be a 1B or 2nd line center. The value isn't there.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
  #28
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
lol.

hemsky and penner are not lombardi guys. he will not trade anything of signifance for 2 extremely soft players.
Neither are soft, but thanks for playing.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:30 PM
  #29
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Everything in this post shows that you don't know anything about Dustin Penner.
I didn't notice him last night. Did he dress? He is a good player, when he wants to be.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
  #30
oilers1084
Registered User
 
oilers1084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Ales Hemsky
Dustin Penner

For

Schenn + Hickey

Would be more to my liking, since I'm an Oilers fan... that's if the salary cap didn't exist.
Two established top six 6 forwards for a two prospects, You're really filled with hockey knowledge buddy

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 11:50 PM
  #31
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,851
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Two established top six 6 forwards for a two prospects, You're really filled with hockey knowledge buddy
LOL and who is this coming from? Do you actually exist? Or is this just someone's troll account? Love that user pic, BTW.

Edmonton would be insane to not do a Penner + Hemsky for Hickey + Schenn deal. Outright insane. If such a deal were to go down, I think most people would have to agree that both gm's would pretty much have to agree that Hemsky = Schenn and Penner = Hickey.

But, I think you'll find more than a few Kings fans that would disagree with this. This would probably end up being the best deal Edmonton has pulled in the last 10 years.

Off injured and due to go UFA at the end of the 11/12 season Hemsky for Schenn, who's vaulted to superhero status since being drafted. Looks to me like he's developing into a shorter version of Jordan Staal. OF COURSE Edmonton would pull the trigger on a deal like this even if it's trading for potential. Schenn's going to turn into good overall 2nd line center at worst. He's got the potential to turn into a 1st line center, but he's got a long way to go before anyone considers that.

Always healthy, always leading his team in goals and UFA at the end of the 11/12 season Penner for Hickey, who's a smart and gutsy puck moving d-man. He's got #2-#3 d-man written all over him. He's exactly what Edmonton needs.(PMD)

With Hall and MPS on the left wing, why on earth wouldn't Edmonton pull a deal like this?

If Edmonton were blessed enough to manage a deal like this and then draft Larsson at 1st overall, there would be teams all over the league crying foul because we made rebuilding look so damn easy.

11/12 line-up:

Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
MPS-Gagner-Omark
Jones-Schenn-Brule

Lovin that top 9 moving forward. You'd be insane to think otherwise.

The d-men is another story. Larsson might wait a year to join us, but if he played as an 18 year old, it would raise some issues.

Whitney, Gilbert, Smid, Peckham and Foster make five.

Then Larsson makes six, Petry makes seven and last Hickey makes eight NHL capable players.

Edmonton would probably have to attempt to trade 2 of their more experienced d-men.

With Marincin, Chorney and Plante also in the system, they hardly need to worry about cleaning out the cupboards.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:00 AM
  #32
CandiedBacon
Seguin and Hamilton
 
CandiedBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EpicMealTime
Country: Canada
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
I would personally prefer that the Kings keep Schenn as he is going to become something special and include 3 D prospects in a proposal for Hemsky and Penner. Something like

To LA

Hemsky
Penner

To EDM

Hickey
Teubert
Voynov
Salary Dump

CandiedBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:05 AM
  #33
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDoughty8 View Post
I would personally prefer that the Kings keep Schenn as he is going to become something special and include 3 D prospects in a proposal for Hemsky and Penner. Something like

To LA

Hemsky
Penner

To EDM

Hickey
Teubert
Voynov
Salary Dump
That's not a good deal for Edmonton at all.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:05 AM
  #34
Ementy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDoughty8 View Post
I would personally prefer that the Kings keep Schenn as he is going to become something special and include 3 D prospects in a proposal for Hemsky and Penner. Something like

To LA

Hemsky
Penner

To EDM

Hickey
Teubert
Voynov
Salary Dump
Counter offer:

To LA

Hemsky
Penner

To EDM

Simmonds
Teubert
Stoll
1st

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:08 AM
  #35
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,411
vCash: 500
Losing Hemsky and Penner in one trade would hurt the Oilers a lot unless they had some veteran help coming back, I would love Brayden Schenn and Voynov looks like a legit player that might be a little redundant in LA's system but I would still be hesitant to dump all of our veteran wingers in one trade. Young kids need support, look at how the Isles have been spinning their tires for years trading away all their vets for picks / prospects ... These kids aren't at the points in their careers where they can carry a team by themselves.

Imagine the oilers forward corps if we lost Hemmer and Penner it would be comical.

SephF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:10 AM
  #36
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,967
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
LOL and who is this coming from? Do you actually exist? Or is this just someone's troll account? Love that user pic, BTW.

Edmonton would be insane to not do a Penner + Hemsky for Hickey + Schenn deal. Outright insane. If such a deal were to go down, I think most people would have to agree that both gm's would pretty much have to agree that Hemsky = Schenn and Penner = Hickey.

But, I think you'll find more than a few Kings fans that would disagree with this. This would probably end up being the best deal Edmonton has pulled in the last 10 years.

Off injured and due to go UFA at the end of the 11/12 season Hemsky for Schenn, who's vaulted to superhero status since being drafted. Looks to me like he's developing into a shorter version of Jordan Staal. OF COURSE Edmonton would pull the trigger on a deal like this even if it's trading for potential. Schenn's going to turn into good overall 2nd line center at worst. He's got the potential to turn into a 1st line center, but he's got a long way to go before anyone considers that.

Always healthy, always leading his team in goals and UFA at the end of the 11/12 season Penner for Hickey, who's a smart and gutsy puck moving d-man. He's got #2-#3 d-man written all over him. He's exactly what Edmonton needs.(PMD)

With Hall and MPS on the left wing, why on earth wouldn't Edmonton pull a deal like this?

If Edmonton were blessed enough to manage a deal like this and then draft Larsson at 1st overall, there would be teams all over the league crying foul because we made rebuilding look so damn easy.

11/12 line-up:

Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
MPS-Gagner-Omark
Jones-Schenn-Brule

Lovin that top 9 moving forward. You'd be insane to think otherwise.

The d-men is another story. Larsson might wait a year to join us, but if he played as an 18 year old, it would raise some issues.

Whitney, Gilbert, Smid, Peckham and Foster make five.

Then Larsson makes six, Petry makes seven and last Hickey makes eight NHL capable players.

Edmonton would probably have to attempt to trade 2 of their more experienced d-men.

With Marincin, Chorney and Plante also in the system, they hardly need to worry about cleaning out the cupboards.
A BIG no thank you to the proposal. Im of the group that wants to keep Hemsky and/or Penner around (Hemsky if I had to choose). Why?

Look at Chicago (not saying we are the "next Chicago") just saying if we want to be in a position to compete in the future. You have to have key veterans in your line-up to compete even with the Toews/Kanes you need to have the Hossa's and the Sharp's. Which is why I am a firm believer that trading our two best current forwards for prospects that might not pan out (one of which's stock has dropped significantly since being drafted) is out right stupid.

If they make it clear they will not re-sign, thats the time to get the best possible deal for them.

As for your line-up, that might be great in a few years and might not, but it is awfully young and lacking proven talent and experience. And would push the rebuild back several years.


Last edited by tv14: 02-04-2011 at 12:33 AM.
tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:11 AM
  #37
CandiedBacon
Seguin and Hamilton
 
CandiedBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EpicMealTime
Country: Canada
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
Counter offer:

To LA

Hemsky
Penner

To EDM

Simmonds
Teubert
Stoll
1st
I love Simmonds but this is great deal.

CandiedBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:12 AM
  #38
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If such a deal were to go down, I think most people would have to agree that both gm's would pretty much have to agree that Hemsky = Schenn and Penner = Hickey.
I would imagine Penner has a lot more value than Hickey.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:28 AM
  #39
oilers1084
Registered User
 
oilers1084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
LOL and who is this coming from? Do you actually exist? Or is this just someone's troll account? Love that user pic, BTW.

Edmonton would be insane to not do a Penner + Hemsky for Hickey + Schenn deal. Outright insane. If such a deal were to go down, I think most people would have to agree that both gm's would pretty much have to agree that Hemsky = Schenn and Penner = Hickey.

But, I think you'll find more than a few Kings fans that would disagree with this. This would probably end up being the best deal Edmonton has pulled in the last 10 years.

Off injured and due to go UFA at the end of the 11/12 season Hemsky for Schenn, who's vaulted to superhero status since being drafted. Looks to me like he's developing into a shorter version of Jordan Staal. OF COURSE Edmonton would pull the trigger on a deal like this even if it's trading for potential. Schenn's going to turn into good overall 2nd line center at worst. He's got the potential to turn into a 1st line center, but he's got a long way to go before anyone considers that.

Always healthy, always leading his team in goals and UFA at the end of the 11/12 season Penner for Hickey, who's a smart and gutsy puck moving d-man. He's got #2-#3 d-man written all over him. He's exactly what Edmonton needs.(PMD)

With Hall and MPS on the left wing, why on earth wouldn't Edmonton pull a deal like this?

If Edmonton were blessed enough to manage a deal like this and then draft Larsson at 1st overall, there would be teams all over the league crying foul because we made rebuilding look so damn easy.

11/12 line-up:

Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
MPS-Gagner-Omark
Jones-Schenn-Brule


Lovin that top 9 moving forward. You'd be insane to think otherwise.

The d-men is another story. Larsson might wait a year to join us, but if he played as an 18 year old, it would raise some issues.

Whitney, Gilbert, Smid, Peckham and Foster make five.

Then Larsson makes six, Petry makes seven and last Hickey makes eight NHL capable players.

Edmonton would probably have to attempt to trade 2 of their more experienced d-men.

With Marincin, Chorney and Plante also in the system, they hardly need to worry about cleaning out the cupboards.
Thank you, I thought my user pic looks nice too. You need to cut down on the drinking, your mind must be a mess if you think Hemsky=Scheen, and Penner=Hickey. Btw that 11/12 line up is horrific.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:31 AM
  #40
big ape
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Penner is not worth a top prospect or pick. The guy has had 1 good season and makes way too much coin for the 1 dimensional game he plays. I'd be pissed if Lombardi gave up more than a 2nd rounder for him.
Take off your sunglasses Hollywood,Penner plays a very solid defensive game,when you play smart positionally the game is simple,People on these boards call him lazy,but anybody that has played this game and knows hockey would call his game smart,ask Burke how he played when he won a cup,it's the same reason why Edmonton signed him.You won't see him out of position very much,if at all.

big ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:36 AM
  #41
PDO
Registered User
 
PDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,197
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PDO
I have no idea how Hemsky, a guy who will throw him self recklessly into positions where he is LIKELY to get hurt... is still called soft.

The guy should have drawn probably 6 or 7 suspensions from Robyn Regehr in his career.

I'm sure if he as a good ole Canadian boy we'd all just call him reckless... but the fact of the matter is, he's a lot closer to reckless than soft.

As far as Penner goes... anyone who can carry around Cogliano and Brule to a 30 goal, 30 apple season, is doing something right. He's NOT the best defensively, but he's very similar to Smyth in that respect. He's passable, but he's so damn good at keeping the puck in the other end that it doesn't matter.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:44 AM
  #42
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 34,691
vCash: 500
Add is bang on. I hope more Oilers fans will do their research into how the great teams today came about. They weren't built by hanging onto the past.

Let's face it, you got lucky in 06'. In every way from getting Pronger to going to the finals. But seriously, you guys need to take a cold hard look at your team, and see that you're still a few years off...if you're smart.

I'm hoping the Kings are smart. They chose to rebuild through the draft (and the Johnson trade) and so far it's paying dividends. Does a setback this year mean anything? NO! We'll be fine. We just need to HANG ONTO guys like Schenn, Hickey and Voyonov because they're likely going to be as good, if not better - because they were hand picked and developing right on schedule.

And that's why the Oilers should make this deal everyday of the week. There no future with Hemsky or Penner. I wouldn't not want my young franchise to SNIFF a wiff of those two players and the way they play the game.

Long story short Penner plays when he wants to and Hemsky STILL won't shoot despite coaches pleas. That's why. I wouldn't want those two being the role models for my future franchise. Fin.

__________________
I love you all.
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:00 AM
  #43
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 5,996
vCash: 500
I can't believe all of these ex-Oilers in LA and Gretzky's no where to be found...maybe Smyth is the ringleader this time? As long as we don't bring back McMaster...

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:03 AM
  #44
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,851
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Thank you, I thought my user pic looks nice too. You need to cut down on the drinking, your mind must be a mess if you think Hemsky=Scheen, and Penner=Hickey. Btw that 11/12 line up is horrific.
HAHA I'm actually living in China right now... so the drinking just finished now. Yeah it's only 1AM...ain't a lightweight. But whatever. You try to find a mentally stable group of people to drink with during Chinese New Year and I'll find you the fountain of youth.

You're pretty shortsighted if you can't appreciate that line-up. Schenn, Eberle, Gagner and Hall have a winner's mentality. Screw experience. What the use of having Hemsky around if he's only going to play 30-55 games per year?

Penner hasn't won anything except for a cup when he was a rookie who wasn't counted on to do a whole lot.

Hemsky carried our team to some extent, but we wouldn't have made it out of the playoffs without that ******** named Pronger. Over the past two season Hemsky has shown us little by little that he can't keep up with the game.

He is truly an amazing talent. He isn't lacking in talent, imagination or passion. He just doesn't know how to take care of his *** when he takes things into overdrive.

When Smyth was traded there were a few of us (I wasn't one of them) who had the same idea), but Hemsky is even way more injury prone now than Smyth was when he left Edmonton. We're better off without him.

If you think wrong. If Hemsky is so damn good, why not give him a Gaborik type contract? How about 6.5M per year over 7 years? Whoever could agree to this has the IQ of a ****** toaster oven. As he gets older he's either going to learn to play more like a coward so he can play more games or he's going to just get injured more often.

BTW: You're user pic, or lack there of, sucks.(Troll account?)

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:08 AM
  #45
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,851
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
I would imagine Penner has a lot more value than Hickey.
I'd agree. Hickey is unproven at the NHL level, but he's exactly what Edmonton needs. He's had enough AHL experience that he's way past overdue for full time NHL minutes. He's mature, makes great decisions when under pressure and most importantly can move the puck around well.

The value may be a little off, but in a deal like this Edmonton is dealing for what they need.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:11 AM
  #46
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
I didn't notice him last night. Did he dress? He is a good player, when he wants to be.
You didn't notice him? Penner plays a quiet but effective game on the ice. People who say they don't notice Penner tend to not understand the subtlties of hockey, such as positioning and defensive play.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
  #47
RStar*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
No interest in either Oiler
We've been over this HickeyFan. You have no interest in either player because you know nothing about hockey.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
  #48
RStar*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
lol.

hemsky and penner are not lombardi guys. he will not trade anything of signifance for 2 extremely soft players.
Neither player is soft. Hemsky is getting to the point where I'd call him injury prone, but neither is soft or plays soft.

Thanks for coming in and adding your two cents when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about though.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
  #49
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,851
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
A BIG no thank you to the proposal. Im of the group that wants to keep Hemsky and/or Penner around (Hemsky if I had to choose). Why?

Look at Chicago (not saying we are the "next Chicago") just saying if we want to be in a position to compete in the future. You have to have key veterans in your line-up to compete even with the Toews/Kanes you need to have the Hossa's and the Sharp's. Which is why I am a firm believer that trading our two best current forwards for prospects that might not pan out (one of which's stock has dropped significantly since being drafted) is out right stupid.

If they make it clear they will not re-sign, thats the time to get the best possible deal for them.

As for your line-up, that might be great in a few years and might not, but it is awfully young and lacking proven talent and experience. And would push the rebuild back several years.
I see where you're coming from... but why can't Hall/Eberle be our Toews/Kane?

Our blueline is beyond nasty. I can't compare it to any other team in the league. I'm convinced that out goalies are way better than stats suggest. At some point we need to make moves to get our blueline up to snuff.

Would you rather give up on Hall, Eberle or MPS? I certainly wouldn't.

Hall in my eyes is our new Glen Anderson.
Eberle is to hockey as Einstein is to astrophysics.
MPS looks like someone who could be a perennial 70 point Selkie trophy candidate.

Hemsky is great, but I miss weight when I think of him.

Penner has really grown on him... but healthy or not I still miss Smyth.

oust em both.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:15 AM
  #50
RStar*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
No interest in The Hamburglar or the man of glass.
You call Hemsky the man of glass, all the while you've probably been hyping Justin Williams up all year?

Absolutely hilarious.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.