HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Van

Old
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
pavelbure604

vCash: 500
Parise to Van

To NJ
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Sergei Shirokov
Cory Schneider (9-2-2, 2.25 GA, .926) Both reg losses team scored 0 goals. Replaces Brodeur
1st round 2011

Add in Keith Ballard if not enough

To Van
Zach Parise to play with Kesler

pavelbure604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:20 PM
NYR Viper

How about:

Hodgson
Shroeder
Schneider
1st

Parise

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:20 PM
JerkChicken

1st off: We've been through this enough.

2nd: This is a horrific trade proposal on many fronts.

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
tadadonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelbure604 View Post
To NJ
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Sergei Shirokov
Cory Schneider (9-2-2, 2.25 GA, .926) Both reg losses team scored 0 goals. Replaces Brodeur
1st round 2011

Add in Keith Ballard if not enough

To Van
Zach Parise to play with Kesler
wow...seriously?? Gillis hangs up....

tadadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadadonk View Post
The Devils hangup

Last edited by Devils Trap: 02-04-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
sjdesmone

This is almost laughable.

If Gillis trades away three players who are going to be the team's core in the next 10 years they will have his nuts in Vancouver...

...brutal

sjdesmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:34 PM
hao chi

I was thinking Kesler would be a good place to start negotiations, but apparently you want Parise and Kesler to play together.

Quote:
Does Gillis make a habit of calling people then hanging up?

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Parise won't be traded. I don't get all the Parise trade threads. And unless:

1. A signed Ehrhoff/Edler

2. Cory Schneider

3. Cody Hodgson

4. A 1st

Are going back, at least, Devils balk and hang up (unless of course it's like Kesler/Sedin(s) going back, which Vancouver would never do. Therefore, Vancouver is not the most logical location).

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Thricecube

This depends... when does Parise's contract expire?

Thricecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post

2. Cory Schneider

3. Cody Hodgson

4. A 1st

Are going back, at least, Devils balk and hang up (unless of course it's like Kesler/Sedin(s) going back, which Vancouver would never do. Therefore, Vancouver is not the most logical location).
agreed

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post
1st off: We've been through this enough.

2nd: This is a horrific trade proposal on many fronts.
Honestly, there is at least one of these every week, and they end the same way (not well).

Canucks have no need for this, and they probably couldn't afford Parise next season if they want to keep their core players.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
JAK

Devils fans wants a lot, but are they going to get full value? Would they want a package of roster players + propsects + picks, or would they rather have, say, the Oilers offersheet Parise and get 4 1st rounders for rebuilding?

hmmm

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:50 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:

2. Cory Schneider

3. Cody Hodgson

4. A 1st

While I agree the Devils ought not to move Parise....This is just an idoitic valuation of Vancouver players...

Kesler is better than Parise...Offensively he is not, although one could argue this season he is...but his overall play makes it no contest, he is one of, if not the, most complete players in the game right now.

The Sedins are better than Parise

Edler is equal if not just below equal value to Parise ( given the demand for top pairing puck moving D men in the league I'd say Edler is the better asset. He is also signed through next season while Parise needs a new contract. )

The prospects are unproven...I agree with you there. I can understand wanting proven NHL talent for a guy like Parise...It depends what the plan in NJ is, are they rebuilding or do they think they can turn this thing around quickly ( next season ) with just a few tweaks?

If they are rebuilding, grabbing a blue chipper in goal like Schneider would be ideal...but, the goalie market is inflated and one season is not a good indicator of future success...See Mason.

Hodgson is going nowhere, and I think this would break any potential Parise deal...He would have to be part of the package if the Devils take a bag of prospects for him. To not get the other teams top prospect for Parise would be poor GM'ing.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

You don't severely gut your team's future unless you really need help somewhere. The Canucks don't.

Some Canucks fans will be very disappointed when the trade deadline rolls around and all Gillis has done is acquire a 3rd/4th liner.

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
sabresandcanucks

Double post...Apologies

Old
02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

2. Cory Schneider

3. Cody Hodgson

4. A 1st

Is this a joke? The Canucks think long and hard about an Edler for Parise swap - throw in 3 more valuable assets and it's a laugher...

People still don't understand the concept of a salary cap. Nobody is going to move a package like that for the chance to pay a star player full market value.

Drop the Sopel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:01 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

No, from both teams.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
Devils fans wants a lot, but are they going to get full value? Would they want a package of roster players + propsects + picks, or would they rather have, say, the Oilers offersheet Parise and get 4 1st rounders for rebuilding?

hmmm
Actually, we don't want to trade Parise at all. We'd rather sign him to a multi-year deal before July 1 and avoid all this tomfoolery. And that's what I think will happen.

Quote:
I think Lou probably would too. That's a lot of assets coming back to the Devils, but it's pretty obvious that Parise is the best player in this deal by a fair margin. This is one of those "Voltron" trades where somebody tries to cram a large number of weaker assets into a trade for a much more valuable asset. And since the Devils don't have to trade Parise in the first place, and will probably re-sign him anyway, there's no reason for this. Keep your prospects.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:03 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks
While I agree the Devils ought not to move Parise....This is just an idoitic valuation of Vancouver players...
How so? All I said was that Kesler/Sedins wouldn't be moved for Parise.

Quote:
Edler is equal if not just below equal value to Parise ( given the demand for top pairing puck moving D men in the league I'd say Edler is the better asset. He is also signed through next season while Parise needs a new contract. )
Nope. Edler is a nice young talent, but we're talking about Zach Parise here, one of the premiere forwards, scratch that, players in this league. And he won't be moved unless the Devils get a puck moving defenseman back, which is the only somewhat quantifiable reason to move Parise. Even then, you have Kaberle, Ehrhoff, and Pitkanen as free agents this summer, so unless the Devils get a young, highly talented puck mover + back, Parise will stay.

Quote:
The prospects are unproven...I agree with you there. I can understand wanting proven NHL talent for a guy like Parise...It depends what the plan in NJ is, are they rebuilding or do they think they can turn this thing around quickly ( next season ) with just a few tweaks?
From a Rangers fan's point of view, they are not rebuilding. They are retooling. They have the right players up front, and they still have Brodeur back there, but John MacLean was just flat out incompetent as a coach. Under Jacques Lemaire, the Devils have been one of the best teams in the league, winning 8 out of their last 10 games. Kovalchuk is scoring, the defense has been stellar, and they are actually playing Devils-style hockey.

Quote:
If they are rebuilding, grabbing a blue chipper in goal like Schneider would be ideal...but, the goalie market is inflated and one season is not a good indicator of future success...See Mason.
Steve Mason was the benefit of playing under a team coached by Ken Hitchcock. He's talented, but his awful rebond control is being exposed in the more offensive system the Jackets have been playing. A good goalie coach could mold him and all his natural talent into an elite goalie with proper teaching, which doesn't seem to be happening in Columbus.

I think Schneider would do well with the Devils, and be a big part of the future there considering Brodeur's age.

Quote:
Hodgson is going nowhere, and I think this would break any potential Parise deal...He would have to be part of the package if the Devils take a bag of prospects for him. To not get the other teams top prospect for Parise would be poor GM'ing.
New Jersey would only want Hodgson in a package with a puck moving defenseman. He's not the main piece going back, although he adds to a somewhat thin center-depth.

Old
02-04-2011, 03:05 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Is this a joke? The Canucks think long and hard about an Edler for Parise swap - throw in 3 more valuable assets and it's a laugher...

People still don't understand the concept of a salary cap. Nobody is going to move a package like that for the chance to pay a star player full market value.
The Devils would not do a straight up swap of Parise/Edler. I should've clarified that if it was Edler going back, not all of the assets I listed after that would go with him, because I thought of Edler after Erhoff/posting that list.

Old
02-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post

theres the thing, we have no need to trade parise, barring overpayment. this proposal gives just that, therefore it is very unlikely parise is traded.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
sabresandcanucks

I agree with almost everything you said,

But I still think your selling Edler short...He is much better defensively than those other puck moving defensemen...He is a PMD in the Drew Doughty ( I do not wish to say he is as good as Doughty or has his ceiling... ) sense, He can give and take physicality in his own zone, something those other Dmen simply cannot. Still, if the Devils don't want to give up any assets to get a PMD your point is well taken...they have options. Kabby would be a good fit.

Old
02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Parise is an RFA.

If he gets an offersheet and wants to bugger off for 8mil/season we get 4 1st round picks

If he goes to arbitration he'll sign for 6-7 million for one season and we'll offload him only if we're at this position next year which I highly doubt.

If he signs a long term deal, he's never going to leave and you'll be looking at the next generation Patrick Elias - a devils lifer.

I don't see any trades coming in before next year's deadline and the events that would lead up to that aren't very likely

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Huge fan of Edler, but I get to see Parise ~50 times a year, so obviously I value him highly as a player. I do like the Canucks and Edler, though, he's a very good player. When he's in his prime, he'll likely contend for the Norris a few times.

Old
02-04-2011, 03:44 PM
NJDevils66621

To NJD:
Cory Schneider + Ryan Kessler (fix our center ice problem big time!!!)

To Van:
Zach Parise

Fair trade i'll take it where do we sign???

NJDevils66621 is offline   Reply With Quote