HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Article: 2006 Draft...

Old
02-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Sybil227

vCash: 500
HF Article: 2006 Draft...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._for_la_kings/

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I thought I'd start a thread. New HF article on the Kings' 2006 draft.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:53 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._for_la_kings/

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I thought I'd start a thread. New HF article on the Kings' 2006 draft.
Nice article.

Quote:
Now, more than four years after the 2006 draft, the team's two first round picks from the beginning of the Lombardi era, Jonathan Bernier and Trevor Lewis, are starting to play to their potential. They are two of the 16 players drafted by the Kings to wear black and purple this season, more than half of the 30 total players who have suited up for the team thus far.

Contrast that with the 11 homegrown players out of 42 total who played for the team in the 2006-07 season, Lombardi's first with the team, and one can see how much emphasis the team has placed on building through drafting and development.

Even though the Kings may realistically only end up with two NHL players from the 2006 draft, it was the beginning of a process that is just starting to get the organization on track to success after years of futility.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Something that I forgot to mention in the article that is worth noting: O'Sullivan was moved for Justin Williams, so that draft provided us with three players that are on the current roster.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:45 PM
FroFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Something that I forgot to mention in the article that is worth noting: O'Sullivan was moved for Justin Williams, so that draft provided us with three players that are on the current roster.
Not really, right? Demitra was traded for Minnesota's pick (Trevor Lewis) & O'Sullivan, who was later traded for Williams. Yes, the trade happened at the draft, but it's not like the Kings traded a pick to get O'Sullivan, and they didn't draft him.

FroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroFan View Post
Not really, right? Demitra was traded for Minnesota's pick (Trevor Lewis) & O'Sullivan, who was later traded for Williams. Yes, the trade happened at the draft, but it's not like the Kings traded a pick to get O'Sullivan, and they didn't draft him.
Well, if you want to be a stickler about it

Through Lombardi's actions at the '06 draft (picks, trades, etc) and subsequent actions related to them, we have three players on our roster. That's what I meant.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote