HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Van

Old
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Ladies and gentlemen, you're weekly garbage proposal sending Parise to Vancouver.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:49 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, you're weekly garbage proposal sending Parise to Vancouver.
Yep. These threads should be locked on sight.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadadonk View Post
wow...seriously?? Gillis hangs up....
Seriously?

Shirokov may never even make it to the NHL.

The Canucks 1st is going to be extremely late.

Raymond is a 2nd liner. He is no longer on an entry level contract, so his value has diminished significantly.

The market for goalies like Schneider is not good right now.

Hodgson has a lot of question marks.

Parise is a true franchise player that is very young.

This trade make the Canucks a significantly better team. The Devils end up praying that at least one of Hodgson or Schneider pans out to be a superstar, otherwise the get absolutely hosed.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
TmX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils66621 View Post
To NJD:
Cory Schneider + Ryan Kessler (fix our center ice problem big time!!!)

To Van:
Zach Parise

Fair trade i'll take it where do we sign???
No way the Canucks are trading Kesler. He is finally becoming one of the dominant players in the league. If the devils are ready to throw in a young developing center then this trade will seem more valid.

TmX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:59 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmX View Post
No way the Canucks are trading Kesler. He is finally becoming one of the dominant players in the league. If the devils are ready to throw in a young developing center then this trade will seem more valid.
And no way the Devils are trading Parise. He already is one of the dominant players in the league.

And Parise > Kesler. If they were to be the centerpieces of the deal, there is a less than 0% chance the Devils are the ones adding.

Old
02-04-2011, 05:00 PM
mstad101

^^
N destroy all chances of the Cup, and completely ruin the reasoning behind Acquiring Zach. Yeah that's a big fat NO. And that is all.

I proposed this on Canucks.com n didn't get much response.

Mason Raymond, Cody Hodgson, Cory Schneider, 1st n conditional 2nd (condition being Zach Re-signs at or under 5 million dollars)
For
Zach Parise

Now this would be closer to the Draft, due to the fact I highly doubt we get Zach this season and I'd like to see him play again before acquiring him. Strictly for conditioning assessment.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadadonk View Post
wow...seriously?? Gillis hangs up....
so Gillis hangs up AFTER he calls Lou with a ****** proposal ? I'd love to hear some audio footage for the comedy that would ensue.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:05 PM
tadadonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
so Gillis hangs up AFTER he calls Lou with a ****** proposal ? I'd love to hear some audio footage for the comedy that would ensue.
My mistake...but where does it say Gillis called in the OP??

tadadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:27 PM
TmX

Quote:
And no way the Devils are trading Parise. He already is one of the dominant players in the league.

And Parise > Kesler. If they were to be the centerpieces of the deal, there is a less than 0% chance the Devils are the ones adding.
The east doesn't see much of Kesler therefore there is lack of appreciation and respect towards him. I do however like Parise but if it came down to who you would rather have on your team it would make it very difficult to choose. (for me personally of course)

TmX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
JAK

my big question towards the Devils fans.

why would Parise want to sign in New Jersey when obviously the team is going to be rebuilding, with a giant anchor of kovacash

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
my big question towards the Devils fans.

why would Parise want to sign in New Jersey when obviously the team is going to be rebuilding, with a giant anchor of kovacash
Because we're not rebuilding. There are two reasons we're so low in the standings. No PMD. No Parise.

Parise signing fixes one of our two problems. The other will be fixed in two years maximum when we get notable cap space.

The Devils have gotten to the point where they have gotten over the loss of Parise and when Greene plays like the PMD we've been lacking, we win games. See the last 10 games if you want a clear cut example. Our place in the standing is 0 indication of our team's talent level. You'll see that over the next few months. We're still shooting for that 8 seed as unlikely as it sounds, but I expect us to finish 9th or 10th in the East.

Besides, you think Parise will quit because of one bad season? This is the first time in 15 years we're missing the playoffs (likely.) The Devils are the NHL's symbol of consistency alongside Detroit. In reality, there's not a better franchise he can go to if he expects to be contending regularly.

Also, Kovy's contract isn't an anchor although ill-informed idiots like to think so. It's just long. His cap hit is a friggin bargain.

Old
02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
While I agree the Devils ought not to move Parise....This is just an idoitic valuation of Vancouver players...

Kesler is better than Parise...Offensively he is not, although one could argue this season he is...but his overall play makes it no contest, he is one of, if not the, most complete players in the game right now.

The Sedins are better than Parise

Edler is equal if not just below equal value to Parise ( given the demand for top pairing puck moving D men in the league I'd say Edler is the better asset. He is also signed through next season while Parise needs a new contract. )

The prospects are unproven...I agree with you there. I can understand wanting proven NHL talent for a guy like Parise...It depends what the plan in NJ is, are they rebuilding or do they think they can turn this thing around quickly ( next season ) with just a few tweaks?

If they are rebuilding, grabbing a blue chipper in goal like Schneider would be ideal...but, the goalie market is inflated and one season is not a good indicator of future success...See Mason.

Hodgson is going nowhere, and I think this would break any potential Parise deal...He would have to be part of the package if the Devils take a bag of prospects for him. To not get the other teams top prospect for Parise would be poor GM'ing.
LOL!

Jersey Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:42 PM
NJD1982

Don't think the Devils and Canucks make good trading partners. I don't really like the assets Vancouver has too offer, LA on the other hand is much more attractive partner.

NJD1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:43 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Serious? They're 8-5-1 in 2011, without their best player.

They have ample room to sign Parise, they have a top five pick in this year's draft and most of their really bad contracts are off the books at the end of next year.

Kovalchuk's contract is bad but he can't possibly continue to be this ineffective, and it's hard to believe they'll have a second consecutive year with this many injuries.

They'll be a better team next year and they should be back to a perennial playoff team the year after that.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:43 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:

ronthecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Vancouver isn't getting crap in this other than Parise. My bet is Vancouver wouldn't do something this extreme.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:
Because we're not rebuilding. There are two reasons we're so low in the standings. No PMD. No Parise.

Parise signing fixes one of our two problems. The other will be fixed in two years maximum when we get notable cap space.

The Devils have gotten to the point where they have gotten over the loss of Parise and when Greene plays like the PMD we've been lacking, we win games. See the last 10 games if you want a clear cut example. Our place in the standing is 0 indication of our team's talent level. You'll see that over the next few months. We're still shooting for that 8 seed as unlikely as it sounds, but I expect us to finish 9th or 10th in the East.

Besides, you think Parise will quit because of one bad season? This is the first time in 15 years we're missing the playoffs (likely.) The Devils are the NHL's symbol of consistency alongside Detroit. In reality, there's not a better franchise he can go to if he expects to be contending regularly.

Also, Kovy's contract isn't an anchor although ill-informed idiots like to think so. It's just long. His cap hit is a friggin bargain.
Intestesting take there!

While your retooling and fondly remembering your long streak in the playoffs remember that the bargain basement franchise goalie that was coincidentily there at the same time is getting old in the tooth.

It's fine that NJ doesn't want to face reality that they need to rebuild, though even if you were keeping Parise is a good plan. But as much as the playoffs were certain in the past it's probably a good idea to get used to spring golf in Jersey.

Old
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthecivil View Post
It's widely recognized as factual. The only people who disagree are Canucks fans with homer glasses on.

Old
02-04-2011, 05:51 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD1982 View Post
Don't think the Devils and Canucks make good trading partners. I don't really like the assets Vancouver has too offer, LA on the other hand is much more attractive partner.
Selling Parise to LA for a boatload of their prospects would be a heck of a good idea if they go for it.

Old
02-04-2011, 05:53 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthecivil View Post
Intestesting take there!

While your retooling and fondly remembering your long streak in the playoffs remember that the bargain basement franchise goalie that was coincidentily there at the same time is getting old in the tooth.

It's fine that NJ doesn't want to face reality that they need to rebuild, though even if you were keeping Parise is a good plan. But as much as the playoffs were certain in the past it's probably a good idea to get used to spring golf in Jersey.
Worry about your own team bro. You don't know anything about our situation but you can sit on your high horse because you're a fan of the best team in the league. Ignorant schmuck.

Missing the playoffs for the first time in 15 years is no reason to disband an entire team. Also, just because clueless fans of other teams want Parise doesn't make him tradeable. When you're 26 years old and one of the game's elite, you're part of any team's future whether it's a win now mentality or a rebuild mentality. We're sort of in between the two, and Parise fits our short term and long term plan. Get a clue dude. Did the Canucks trade the Sedins a few years ago when they were bottom feeding?

Old
02-04-2011, 05:55 PM
JAK

sure, you can resign Parise, and somehow get a PMD within two years.

by then you won't have a goaltender.

so now what?

and since I'm posting anyways...

At the draft.

Luongo for Parise's rights, 1st in 2011, 2012, 2013

oh look you now have a goaltender to build around!

and both team's fans will kill me

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:
It's widely recognized as factual. The only people who disagree are Canucks fans with homer glasses on.
You sign Parise for five million dollars or less for five or so years and he outproduces Kelser (third in the league in goals and top ten points despite having crap for wingers) over the length of the contract and you might be on to something.....

But since neither of us can predict the future until your chickens are hatched I will stick with my homervision thank you very much.

Old
02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Seriously?

Shirokov may never even make it to the NHL.

The Canucks 1st is going to be extremely late.

Raymond is a 2nd liner. He is no longer on an entry level contract, so his value has diminished significantly.

The market for goalies like Schneider is not good right now.

Hodgson has a lot of question marks.

Parise is a true franchise player that is very young.

This trade make the Canucks a significantly better team. The Devils end up praying that at least one of Hodgson or Schneider pans out to be a superstar, otherwise the get absolutely hosed.

While this is too much Quantity for Quality... and there is no proof yet that Parise wants out. I highly disagree with the assessment on Shirokov. He is NHL ready right now just no room for him on the pro team atm.

I think the only trade that would make sense would be:

Ehroff (who lou then extends for a few years), Schroeder/Schneider, and a 1st for Parise and young depth D (ie. Corrente) and we add a bit to this if neccessary (ie. Shirokov). Sorry Edler and Kesler will not be going anywhere as they will be the leaders of the team (with Hodgson) when the Sedin's retire.

If we did this and we wanted to replace Ehroff (in a sense) we could move Raymond +/- to:
+ a pick to Ottawa for Phillips.
straight up to Florida for Allen.
straight up to Nashville for Franson.
+ a pick to Calgary for Regehr.

There would leave us (I'll go with Franson option as we could use a more offensive D.

Sedin - Sedin - Burr
Parise - Kesler - Hansen
Torres - Malholtra - Samuelsson
Glass - Hodgson - Tambellini.

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Franson
Ballard - Salo
Alberts - Corrente
Rome - Tanev

Luongo
Schneider (or pick up a back up)

Now that the NHL 11 Be a GM in me has died here. (though I always deal the Sedin's for Stamkos and St. Louis in it

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
apice3*

Quote:
suer, you can resign Parise, and somehow get a PMD within two years.

by then you won't have a goaltender.

so now what?
Well, if you did a little research or had any background knowledge of Devils prospects, you'd know there's 4-5 capable PMD's in our pool. So there's where we'd get our PMD's. Plus, in two years, Brodeur and Rolston are off the books in addition to some others totalling more than 15 mil of cap space. I'm pretty sure we will be going after the best PMD available if we haven't fixed it by then.

Now, how do we find a goalie? Last I checked, there are 29 other teams that managed to find one. I'm pretty sure Brodeur's retirement won't lead to us becoming incompetent and playing 6-on-5 for 60 minutes. We'll do what every other team does and draft/find a goalie in UFA. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

By the way, the year Brodeur went down to injury, we won the Atlantic. I don't remember if we were the 2 or 3 seed but it just proves that we will be fine.

Old
02-04-2011, 06:02 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:
Worry about your own team bro. You don't know anything about our situation but you can sit on your high horse because you're a fan of the best team in the league. Ignorant schmuck.

Missing the playoffs for the first time in 15 years is no reason to disband an entire team. Also, just because clueless fans of other teams want Parise doesn't make him tradeable. When you're 26 years old and one of the game's elite, you're part of any team's future whether it's a win now mentality or a rebuild mentality. We're sort of in between the two, and Parise fits our short term and long term plan. Get a clue dude. Did the Canucks trade the Sedins a few years ago when they were bottom feeding?
Anyone is tradeable for the right package.

And your right it's not exactly a bad idea to put Parise in the "core" (which without him is what, kovie?).

And for sure there's no way Vancouver feels the need to do a massive shakeup.

But if a team like LA is willing to toss the farm at ya you would be wise to consider it seriously, since they very well might.