HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/LAK: 2 proposals

Old
02-04-2011, 11:20 AM
RStar*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Penner is not worth a top prospect or pick. The guy has had 1 good season and makes way too much coin for the 1 dimensional game he plays. I'd be pissed if Lombardi gave up more than a 2nd rounder for him.
1 dimensional?

No. Obviously you've never watched him. We've posted many times about how you like to comment on players you've never seen play though haven't we Hickey's#1Superfan?

And I also have to laugh at all the "yea, like either guys would come in and help our scoring. HA! What a joke!"

The only thing that is a joke, is some of you posters, seeing as how Hemsky would walk on the club with the second best points/game outside of Kopitar. But hey, keep rambling on like you guys have any sort of semblance of what you're talking about. If anything, its enjoyable to watch.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:25 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'd agree. Hickey is unproven at the NHL level, but he's exactly what Edmonton needs. He's had enough AHL experience that he's way past overdue for full time NHL minutes. He's mature, makes great decisions when under pressure and most importantly can move the puck around well.

The value may be a little off, but in a deal like this Edmonton is dealing for what they need.
A small midget on defence who is starting to be viewed as a bust is exactly what Edmonton needs?

Do tell......

Old
02-04-2011, 11:29 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
A small midget on defence who is starting to be viewed as a bust is exactly what Edmonton needs?

Do tell......

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
How would you describe Thomas Hickey then?

Old
02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:

Do tell......
Well, isn't that would Murphy might turn out to be? Dude has had his struggles, but I stand by him. Call me crazy if you like.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Well, isn't that would Murphy might turn out to be? Dude has had his struggles, but I stand by him. Call me crazy if you like.
We need defensive defencemen, not undersized runts like Hickey.

Old
02-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

To LA
Hemsky

To EDM
Clifford
Teubert
1st Round 2011
2nd Round 2012

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
Quote:
I see where you're coming from... but why can't Hall/Eberle be our Toews/Kane?

Our blueline is beyond nasty. I can't compare it to any other team in the league. I'm convinced that out goalies are way better than stats suggest. At some point we need to make moves to get our blueline up to snuff.

Would you rather give up on Hall, Eberle or MPS? I certainly wouldn't.

Hall in my eyes is our new Glen Anderson.
Eberle is to hockey as Einstein is to astrophysics.
MPS looks like someone who could be a perennial 70 point Selkie trophy candidate.

Hemsky is great, but I miss weight when I think of him.

Penner has really grown on him... but healthy or not I still miss Smyth.

oust em both.
And that was the whole point of my post, along with the Toews/Kanes (Edm's case Hall/Eberle/MPS) you need the Sharps/Hossas (Edm's case Hemsky/Penner).

Veterans that can produce and add experience are greatly valuable to a team.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Neither are soft, but thanks for playing.
Penner, for his size, is not that tough to play against night in and night out.

After seeing him get knocked off the puck quite easily time and time again in the last Kings-Oilers game, I have my doubts about him being what the Kings need. You certainly aren't going to get a high pick and a top prospect for him.

I checked the Oilers board after that game and Oiler fans were commenting about his lack of fire.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
And that was the whole point of my post, along with the Toews/Kanes (Edm's case Hall/Eberle/MPS) you need the Sharps/Hossas (Edm's case Hemsky/Penner).

Veterans that can produce and add experience are greatly valuable to a team.
you can add those veterans when we're ready to challenge for a cup, and you'll be adding those veterans who want to win a cup and thats why they come to play for the Oilers

in the mean time, we're building a contender, and it could take 3-4-5 years, who knows... trade Hemsky and Penner while they are worth something, look at adding those veterans via trade or UFA when the timing is right

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

After seeing him get knocked off the puck quite easily time and time again in the last Kings-Oilers game, I have my doubts about him being what the Kings need. You certainly aren't going to get a high pick and a top prospect for him.

I checked the Oilers board after that game and Oiler fans were commenting about his lack of fire.
He didn't play his best game, which could be due to him getting married/honeymoon during the all-start break. But so far this year, he's been a very valuable part of this team, and I would have no problem keeping him around.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:53 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
you can add those veterans when we're ready to challenge for a cup, and you'll be adding those veterans who want to win a cup and thats why they come to play for the Oilers

in the mean time, we're building a contender, and it could take 3-4-5 years, who knows... trade Hemsky and Penner while they are worth something, look at adding those veterans via trade or UFA when the timing is right
Id prefer not to fill those holes with free-agency. As you typically have to overpay (especially the Oilers) and usually after a couple years the contract looks bad (Souray, Huet, Campbell, Ryder, etc all come to mind).

As for trading for one, why would we trade them only to trade for a similar player in the future? Seems like lateral movement to me. Might as well just keep them and the assets that it would cost to aquire a similar player later.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
To LA
Hemsky

To EDM
Clifford
Teubert
1st Round 2011
2nd Round 2012

this is a great one....................

I assume you forgot the ??????

Really.......... we don't have a need for Hemsky and i don't get it.
He could be very usefull for you guys to show the kids some sick moves.
Why the heck do you want to trade him to a team who has no use for him
and expect something significant in return ?????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Defgarden

Quote:
You call Hemsky the man of glass, all the while you've probably been hyping Justin Williams up all year?

Absolutely hilarious.
Justin Williams? Man of glass? Where do you people come up with this type of stuff?

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:06 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture View Post
He didn't play his best game, which could be due to him getting married/honeymoon during the all-start break. But so far this year, he's been a very valuable part of this team, and I would have no problem keeping him around.
I would be okay with the Kings trading for him as well, but not with Schenn or Voynov going the other way, which seems to be what some Oiler fans are thinking.

I am thinking more like Martinez and a 2nd, or maybe Martinez and Moller.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
And we need one that is not a fail so far

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:41 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Seeing all of the stuff you post tells me that the only thing you know about the game is what you read on message boards. I'm not going to continue to waste my time arguing Penner's qualities with you, you obviously are blinded by criticisms of 4 years ago. And FYI, Oilers fans are hard on all of our players. There hasn't been a single player this season who hasn't been unnecessarily torn to pieces on the Oilers boards, so nice try, but that point is irrelevant. I hope Penner isn't what LA needs, Lombardi won't offer anything decent for a player he didn't draft himself anyway, and we aren't giving him away for nothing. Penner could have a great future in Edmonton, better than Hickey or any of the other "great" prospects that have been discussed in this thread.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 03:43 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
Justin Williams? Man of glass? Where do you people come up with this type of stuff?
Games played since 2000
52 <-- so far this season.

Justin Williams sucks.

Old
02-04-2011, 05:10 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Games played since 2000

Justin Williams sucks.
Hemsky Counter (Since 2003, when he started)
33 < So far this season

Hemsky has yet to have a full 82 game season. But he is very similar to Williams in terms of games missed.
Right now, in my opinion, the Kings need speed added to their line-up, and I don't think Penner fits that role.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
To LAK:
Ales Hemsky
Dustin Penner

To EDM:
Brayden Schenn
Vyacheslav Voynov
Alexei Ponikarovsky (Salary dump)

or

To LAK
Dustin Penner
Sam Gagner
Ladislav Smid

To EDM
Brayden Schenn
Jarret Stoll
Voynov
There's no asset in there good enough for the Kings to consider giving up Schenn, IMO. And this is too early for the Oilers to give up Penner and Hemsky. I doubt Gagner is what Lombardi is looking for for the Kings second line.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Thank you, I thought my user pic looks nice too. You need to cut down on the drinking, your mind must be a mess if you think Hemsky=Scheen, and Penner=Hickey. Btw that 11/12 line up is horrific.
Hell, at least Schenn will play games.. You obviously did not watch the World Juniors Tourney did you? Schenn I think was ranked MVP of the tournament I think? Yeah, you guys would be lucky to get this kid on your team and I sure as hell wouldn't trade him, especially to the Oilers who is looking to be a powerhouse team in the future.

Quote:
We haven't even seen the kid play in the NHL. He may be a smaller player but he could be an asset to any team. He is a 4th overall pick for a reason..

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:35 PM
oilers1084

Quote:
HAHA I'm actually living in China right now... so the drinking just finished now. Yeah it's only 1AM...ain't a lightweight. But whatever. You try to find a mentally stable group of people to drink with during Chinese New Year and I'll find you the fountain of youth.

You're pretty shortsighted if you can't appreciate that line-up. Schenn, Eberle, Gagner and Hall have a winner's mentality. Screw experience. What the use of having Hemsky around if he's only going to play 30-55 games per year?

Penner hasn't won anything except for a cup when he was a rookie who wasn't counted on to do a whole lot.

Hemsky carried our team to some extent, but we wouldn't have made it out of the playoffs without that ******** named Pronger. Over the past two season Hemsky has shown us little by little that he can't keep up with the game.

He is truly an amazing talent. He isn't lacking in talent, imagination or passion. He just doesn't know how to take care of his *** when he takes things into overdrive.

When Smyth was traded there were a few of us (I wasn't one of them) who had the same idea), but Hemsky is even way more injury prone now than Smyth was when he left Edmonton. We're better off without him.

If you think wrong. If Hemsky is so damn good, why not give him a Gaborik type contract? How about 6.5M per year over 7 years? Whoever could agree to this has the IQ of a ****** toaster oven. As he gets older he's either going to learn to play more like a coward so he can play more games or he's going to just get injured more often.

BTW: You're user pic, or lack there of, sucks.(Troll account?)
You have zero hockey knowledge, and I guess brain knowledge too, What on earth are you trying to say here?.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Games played since 2000

Justin Williams sucks.
Did you miss the sarcasm smilie?

Justin Williams would be the leading goal scorer and point scorer on that crappy Oilers team you are fan of.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:40 PM
oilers1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
Hell, at least Schenn will play games.. You obviously did not watch the World Juniors Tourney did you? Schenn I think was ranked MVP of the tournament I think? Yeah, you guys would be lucky to get this kid on your team and I sure as hell wouldn't trade him, especially to the Oilers who is looking to be a powerhouse team in the future.

We haven't even seen the kid play in the NHL. He may be a smaller player but he could be an asset to any team. He is a 4th overall pick for a reason..
Again, let me make this clear, you don't trade proven NHL player for prospects. Schenn will be a second line center at best, so... Edmonton can draft Sean Couturier if they wanted a center

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
Hemsky Counter (Since 2003, when he started)
33 < So far this season

Hemsky has yet to have a full 82 game season. But he is very similar to Williams in terms of games missed.
Right now, in my opinion, the Kings need speed added to their line-up, and I don't think Penner fits that role.
The 22 game season he was hit from behind by Handzuz, the 72 game season the year before he was crushed with a headshot by Tootoo which resulted in a concussion. He get's a lot of dirty plays against him because the Oilers have been so soft and don't stick up for teammates. I don't think he's as injury prone as people think, dirty players just take liberties on him.

Can't find the Tootoo hit but all of these situations most NHL players would get injured as well.

He's too reckless, I guess. Not soft:

He has a physical side and always pops right back up.

Last edited by SephF: 02-04-2011 at 06:07 PM.
SephF is offline   Reply With Quote