HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Van

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
  #51
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthecivil View Post
You sign Parise for five million dollars or less for five or so years and he outproduces Kelser (third in the league in goals and top ten points despite having crap for wingers) over the length of the contract and you might be on to something.....

But since neither of us can predict the future until your chickens are hatched I will stick with my homervision thank you very much.
You mean Parise putting up 45 goals and 95 points for 3 million dollars means nothing? He's going to cost a pretty penny, but to suggest Kesler is better because his contract is cheaper is just dumb. Kesler has yet to break 75 points in his career. Parise has broke 80 twice and 90 once. Although Kesler has the better D but not by much.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
  #52
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthecivil View Post
Selling Parise to LA for a boatload of their prospects would be a heck of a good idea if they go for it.

No...no it wouldn't.

Parise is 26, not 32. Plus going for a rebuild right now defies the whole point of bringing in Kovalchuk.

This whole losing teams need to blow up and rebuild obsession, really needs to end. The Devils do not need to rebuild. They need to make some adjustments, but they have a very good and young top 6 just entering its prime and will probably add a top 5 pick to it this draft.

The Devils are in fact the best team in the league over the last 10 games, which shows there is hope for the team and it most certainly does not need to be blown up just yet.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:06 PM
  #53
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!
 
EliasR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 11,640
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
my big question towards the Devils fans.

why would Parise want to sign in New Jersey when obviously the team is going to be rebuilding, with a giant anchor of kovacash
Yes our team is obviously rebuilding when our GM specifically stated that they are not.

Believe it our not we have a good core not as good as the nucks but still good with Elias,Parise,Kovalchuk,Tedenby,Josefson,Volchenkov .

And people you don't get Parise for spare parts you need to give up something significant to get something significant.

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:19 PM
  #54
ronthecivil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
You mean Parise putting up 45 goals and 95 points for 3 million dollars means nothing? He's going to cost a pretty penny, but to suggest Kesler is better because his contract is cheaper is just dumb. Kesler has yet to break 75 points in his career. Parise has broke 80 twice and 90 once. Although Kesler has the better D but not by much.
The 45 goal 3 million dollar player is far better.

Unfortunately that will soon by no more than awesome while it lasted.

I would expect that Kesler has improved to the point where he will be dam close to keeping up production wise while have better defence.

The difference is that Kelser has five more years at five million. That absolutely has to be taken into account. My homervision isn't that crazy.

And frankly if you can keep Parise for six million or less by all means do so.

But it it's going to cost you a ton than you're better off without him and doing at very least a retool IMO.

ronthecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:21 PM
  #55
Robert604strom
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 614
vCash: 500
At the start of the season id say no,but with people needing someone to cry about(Raymond)and jersey probaly being sellers and not being sure if they could resign him.I will still say no,but could happen this is magical mike gillis we are talking about.

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:24 PM
  #56
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: T.A.
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthecivil View Post
Intestesting take there!

While your retooling and fondly remembering your long streak in the playoffs remember that the bargain basement franchise goalie that was coincidentily there at the same time is getting old in the tooth.

It's fine that NJ doesn't want to face reality that they need to rebuild, though even if you were keeping Parise is a good plan. But as much as the playoffs were certain in the past it's probably a good idea to get used to spring golf in Jersey.
Further evidence that Canucks fans are easily the worst on this site. I think we know a bit more about our team than you would, but really, thanks for your concern.

Jersey Fresh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:27 PM
  #57
Blane Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
And people you don't get Parise for spare parts you need to give up something significant to get something significant.
I think this is the point of contention.

In all the proposals, the Canucks are offering one of the league's top prospects (Hodgson), a young and cheap 25 goal scorer that kills penalties and plays a pretty good two-way game (Raymond), one of the league's best young goalies (Schneider), and a 1st. I would say that package is about twice as good as what was given for Kovalchuk and that's because Parise is an RFA not a UFA - I'd say given the choice between the two on similar contracts I'd take Kovalchuk.

The stuff that Canucks fans are generally offering is pretty damn good, calling it spare parts is rediculous. Add in the negotiation rights to Erhoff (who was top 10 in Norris voting) and you have a very significant offer.

That being said, if Parise is on available, that's fine too. It'll be interesting to see if he files for arbitration. His value plumets if he decides he's going for a one and done.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:28 PM
  #58
ronthecivil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh View Post
Further evidence that Canucks fans are easily the worst on this site. I think we know a bit more about our team than you would, but really, thanks for your concern.
No problem!

Hey, if there's one thing canucks fans should be good at, it's recognising a bad team. We have PLENTY of experience after all.

ronthecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:29 PM
  #59
tadadonk
Registered User
 
tadadonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthecivil View Post
No problem!

Hey, if there's one thing canucks fans should be good at, it's recognising a bad team. We have PLENTY of experience after all.
Ummm...I think you meant Leafs Fans

tadadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:36 PM
  #60
ronthecivil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blane Youngblood View Post
I think this is the point of contention.

In all the proposals, the Canucks are offering one of the league's top prospects (Hodgson), a young and cheap 25 goal scorer that kills penalties and plays a pretty good two-way game (Raymond), one of the league's best young goalies (Schneider), and a 1st. I would say that package is about twice as good as what was given for Kovalchuk and that's because Parise is an RFA not a UFA - I'd say given the choice between the two on similar contracts I'd take Kovalchuk.

The stuff that Canucks fans are generally offering is pretty damn good, calling it spare parts is rediculous. Add in the negotiation rights to Erhoff (who was top 10 in Norris voting) and you have a very significant offer.

That being said, if Parise is on available, that's fine too. It'll be interesting to see if he files for arbitration. His value plumets if he decides he's going for a one and done.
I would just as soon keep those and let NJ roll the dice on the Parise contract even if they were the ones making the offer.

ronthecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
  #61
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Because we're not rebuilding. There are two reasons we're so low in the standings. No PMD. No Parise.
Parise signing fixes one of our two problems. The other will be fixed in two years maximum when we get notable cap space.

The Devils have gotten to the point where they have gotten over the loss of Parise and when Greene plays like the PMD we've been lacking, we win games. See the last 10 games if you want a clear cut example. Our place in the standing is 0 indication of our team's talent level. You'll see that over the next few months. We're still shooting for that 8 seed as unlikely as it sounds, but I expect us to finish 9th or 10th in the East.

Besides, you think Parise will quit because of one bad season? This is the first time in 15 years we're missing the playoffs (likely.) The Devils are the NHL's symbol of consistency alongside Detroit. In reality, there's not a better franchise he can go to if he expects to be contending regularly.

Also, Kovy's contract isn't an anchor although ill-informed idiots like to think so. It's just long. His cap hit is a friggin bargain.
1. i think your teams problems strated when your golden boy (whos had ONE really good year) Parise was still in the line up.

2. the talent level on your team isnt very high therefore you have a bad record. i mean i think Lou is past his time.....trading for Arnnots contract? signing Rolston to that contract?? and yea Elias has turned out to be a steal, thats value for the buck??

3. and ya Yashin's contract was a really good deal too. i guess its good that Kova leads the league in some sort of catagory even though its probably the worst one to be leading.

and to these people that say they expect Edler or Kesler for Parise, thats a joke in its self even more so than him actually getting traded. what did the Thrashers get when they traded Kova to you? What did the thrashers get when they traded Hossa to the Pens? ya ya ya but hes an RFA......you are not going to see superstars traded for superstars any more, it doesnt matter if hes a UFA or a RFA or from the USA.

also i think everyone in the league aside from some of these devils fans know that KESLER>>>Parise
EDLER>>>Parise

People think that us nucks fans over value our players?? again Parise has had one good year and if you take that out of the equation hes probably a 70pt guy.

But with all that said i would still want him on my team.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
  #62
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: T.A.
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
1. i think your teams problems strated when your golden boy (whos had ONE really good year) Parise was still in the line up.

2. the talent level on your team isnt very high therefore you have a bad record. i mean i think Lou is past his time.....trading for Arnnots contract? signing Rolston to that contract?? and yea Elias has turned out to be a steal, thats value for the buck??

3. and ya Yashin's contract was a really good deal too. i guess its good that Kova leads the league in some sort of catagory even though its probably the worst one to be leading.

and to these people that say they expect Edler or Kesler for Parise, thats a joke in its self even more so than him actually getting traded. what did the Thrashers get when they traded Kova to you? What did the thrashers get when they traded Hossa to the Pens? ya ya ya but hes an RFA......you are not going to see superstars traded for superstars any more, it doesnt matter if hes a UFA or a RFA or from the USA.

also i think everyone in the league aside from some of these devils fans know that KESLER>>>Parise
EDLER>>>Parise

People think that us nucks fans over value our players?? again Parise has had one good year and if you take that out of the equation hes probably a 70pt guy.

But with all that said i would still want him on my team.
I love how Parise has only had 'one really good year' and 'if you take that out of the equation hes probably a 70pt guy' when he scored 82 points last year and scored 30 goals four straight years.

You guys really are awesome.

...and I'd still take Parise over Kesler (close, at least there's an argument to be made), but Edler (talk about one good year)? Please.

Jersey Fresh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
  #63
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!
 
EliasR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 11,640
vCash: 1050
One good year? The guy has been PPG for the past two seasons.

Is 82 points in 81 games a bad season? Has Kesler even touched 80?

Last two seasons:
163gp 83g 93a 176points +54

One good season right?

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
  #64
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes
 
Sayonara77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
You mean Parise putting up 45 goals and 95 points for 3 million dollars means nothing? He's going to cost a pretty penny, but to suggest Kesler is better because his contract is cheaper is just dumb. Kesler has yet to break 75 points in his career. Parise has broke 80 twice and 90 once. Although Kesler has the better D but not by much.


Kesler broke 75 points last year.

______________

I am getting sick of these parise proposals to vancouver. The answers from devils fans always remains the same and rightfully so. What a waste of precious bandwidth.

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
  #65
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes
 
Sayonara77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
double post.....


Last edited by Sayonara77: 02-04-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
  #66
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
One good year? The guy has been PPG for the past two seasons.

Is 82 points in 81 games a bad season? Has Kesler even touched 80?

Last two seasons:
163gp 83g 93a 176points +54

One good season right?
ok so maybe points wise you guys are right but overall i think Kes is the better of the two and maybe him and Edler are equal but i think a PMD with wicked Shutdown ability is better than Parise.

agian i am not saying Parise is not good but hes not even top 20 player in the league and points alone do not define a players skill or make him an elite player in this league just look at players like Spezza. ya points wise Spezza is wicked good.......but i think we all no just how awesome he really is.

and ya maybe i spoke to strongly about him having only one good year but you guys make him out to be a superstar. hes a star thats for sure but hes not a superstar and he are not going to get a superstar package for him.


Last edited by BaggerVance: 02-04-2011 at 06:11 PM.
BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
  #67
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara77 View Post


Kesler broke 75 points last year.
Kesler matched 75 last year. Didn't break it.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:09 PM
  #68
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
1. i think your teams problems strated when your golden boy (whos had ONE really good year) Parise was still in the line up.

2. the talent level on your team isnt very high therefore you have a bad record. i mean i think Lou is past his time.....trading for Arnnots contract? signing Rolston to that contract?? and yea Elias has turned out to be a steal, thats value for the buck??

3. and ya Yashin's contract was a really good deal too. i guess its good that Kova leads the league in some sort of catagory even though its probably the worst one to be leading.

and to these people that say they expect Edler or Kesler for Parise, thats a joke in its self even more so than him actually getting traded. what did the Thrashers get when they traded Kova to you? What did the thrashers get when they traded Hossa to the Pens? ya ya ya but hes an RFA......you are not going to see superstars traded for superstars any more, it doesnt matter if hes a UFA or a RFA or from the USA.

also i think everyone in the league aside from some of these devils fans know that KESLER>>>Parise
EDLER>>>Parise

People think that us nucks fans over value our players?? again Parise has had one good year and if you take that out of the equation hes probably a 70pt guy.

But with all that said i would still want him on my team.
Kesler > Parise is something you can make a decent argument for even though it's widely accepted that Parise is the better player. Edler > Parise is just a friggin joke.

That being said, don't worry about our team. I bet we win our next Cup before you win yours.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
  #69
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Kesler > Parise is something you can make a decent argument for even though it's widely accepted that Parise is the better player. Edler > Parise is just a friggin joke.

That being said, don't worry about our team. I bet we win our next Cup before you win yours.
the jokes on you buddy........your so called superstar cant even play with the other superstar you have on the team.

and i dont worry about your team. when martys gone so are your stanley cup dreams. a really good defense makes goalies look better than they are and i think the lame group of defensmen you guys have had since the Stevens/Niedermayers/Rafalskis have left shows just how good he really was. i still think hes one of the best of all time but you havent won anything in the last few years and his play aint going to win you anything in the next few years before he retires. after that good friggin luck.

back into the swamp your team will go.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:25 PM
  #70
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,738
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
the jokes on you buddy........your so called superstar cant even play with the other superstar you have on the team.
That doesn't even make any sense?

Parise didn't start playing with Kovalchuk until this year. he was great up until he hurt his knee, which was like 3 games in. so basically, he was playing on one leg for almost all of the games.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:28 PM
  #71
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
That doesn't even make any sense?

Parise didn't start playing with Kovalchuk until this year. he was great up until he hurt his knee, which was like 3 games in. so basically, he was playing on one leg for almost all of the games.
no i did read that somewhere on here. niether one can or want to play on the right side.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
  #72
GDDevils
Registered User
 
GDDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
the jokes on you buddy........your so called superstar cant even play with the other superstar you have on the team.

and i dont worry about your team. when martys gone so are your stanley cup dreams. a really good defense makes goalies look better than they are and i think the lame group of defensmen you guys have had since the Stevens/Niedermayers/Rafalskis have left shows just how good he really was. i still think hes one of the best of all time but you havent won anything in the last few years and his play aint going to win you anything in the next few years before he retires. after that good friggin luck.

back into the swamp your team will go.
WOW...

How did you cram all of that ignorance into one post?

We're only good because of Marty, but he was only good because of his defense, but he is still one of the best of all time.

That's what I got from your post.

Oh and all I've gotten from your other posts is that you are a serious homer.

The truth is you only have one player on your team that is worth Parise. (Hint he's a twin) Nobody else even touches his value.

I've seen some serious overvaluing of players lately but you take the cake bud.

GDDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:37 PM
  #73
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDDevils View Post
WOW...

How did you cram all of that ignorance into one post?

We're only good because of Marty, but he was only good because of his defense, but he is still one of the best of all time.

That's what I got from your post.

Oh and all I've gotten from your other posts is that you are a serious homer.

The truth is you only have one player on your team that is worth Parise. (Hint he's a twin) Nobody else even touches his value.

I've seen some serious overvaluing of players lately but you take the cake bud.
truth hurts doesnt it.

http://michellekenneth.wordpress.com...langenbrunner/

looks like this story makes sense now. read the last half of the article and you wonder why your team is so messed up. i meant what i said about marty but it takes more than a great goalie to win the cup. as a canucks fan i know this.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:48 PM
  #74
GDDevils
Registered User
 
GDDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
truth hurts doesnt it.

http://michellekenneth.wordpress.com...langenbrunner/

looks like this story makes sense now. read the last half of the article and you wonder why your team is so messed up. i meant what i said about marty but it takes more than a great goalie to win the cup. as a canucks fan i know this.
Are you seriously trying to use that to justify your argument?

There isn't a single quote in there from Langs. Not one single attributable statement from the person who supposedly said all of those things.

This is not journalism.

Just the musings of a nobody.

Congrats on making yourself look even more pathetic.

GDDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 06:54 PM
  #75
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
the jokes on you buddy........your so called superstar cant even play with the other superstar you have on the team.
What are you even talking about? I'm not sure what you're even saying. First, they are both natural left wingers so it makes no sense to have them play together. However, when they played together and Parise was skating on two good knees (which lasted about 3 games) they excelled. They had two points each in the first 8 minutes of opening night for Christ sakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
and i dont worry about your team. when martys gone so are your stanley cup dreams. a really good defense makes goalies look better than they are and i think the lame group of defensmen you guys have had since the Stevens/Niedermayers/Rafalskis have left shows just how good he really was. i still think hes one of the best of all time but you havent won anything in the last few years and his play aint going to win you anything in the next few years before he retires. after that good friggin luck.

back into the swamp your team will go.
If I understand this mumble jumble correctly, you're saying that the Devils great defense made Brodeur look better than he is, thus calling him overrated, correct? If that's the case, then how come we're screwed when our overrated goalie retires? And how do you explain the Devils winning the Atlantic Division the year Brodeur missed over 50 games?

By the way, that lame group of defensemen helped Brodeur win the Jennings Trophy last year. You're rising up the ignorance meter very quickly.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.