HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Van

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2011, 07:55 PM
  #76
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
That being said, don't worry about our team. I bet we win our next Cup before you win yours.
Clearly. It's irrelevant the Canucks are the class of the NHL and the Devils are the laughing stock of the league.

If you're willing to make bets like that something tells me you couldn't scrounge together enough change to take the bus to book it.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
  #77
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,603
vCash: 500
Ryan Kesler is absolutely not worth more than Zach Parise. They're comparable defensively and Parise is much better offensively. Parise has had four consecutive 30 goal seasons, a 45 goal / 90 point season, a 3rd place Rocket Richard finish, and has gotten Hart votes while Kesler has yet to break 30 goals once. This is despite the fact that the Devils offense has been pretty mediocre post-lockout while Vancouver has the reigning Hart winner and is much better offensively. In fact, you have to go back to 2001 to find the last time New Jersey scored more goals than Vancouver did. Parise has done more with less.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:57 PM
  #78
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
truth hurts doesnt it.

http://michellekenneth.wordpress.com...langenbrunner/

looks like this story makes sense now. read the last half of the article and you wonder why your team is so messed up. i meant what i said about marty but it takes more than a great goalie to win the cup. as a canucks fan i know this.
Not to be sexist, but I don't trust women's opinions when it comes to sports, especially when the women aren't credible and are writing on personal blogs. You may have cited your sister for all I know.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:57 PM
  #79
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Ryan Kesler is absolutely not worth more than Zach Parise. They're comparable defensively and Parise is much better offensively. Parise has had four consecutive 30 goal seasons, a 45 goal / 90 point season, a 3rd place Rocket Richard finish, and has gotten Hart votes while Kesler has yet to break 30 goals once. This is despite the fact that the Devils offense has been pretty mediocre post-lockout while Vancouver has the reigning Hart winner and is much better offensively. In fact, you have to go back to 2001 to find the last time New Jersey scored more goals than Vancouver did. Parise has done more with less.
He has 30 goals now, but the point still stands and is absolutely 100% true.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:58 PM
  #80
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Clearly. It's irrelevant the Canucks are the class of the NHL and the Devils are the laughing stock of the league.

If you're willing to make bets like that something tells me you couldn't scrounge together enough change to take the bus to book it.
Well I'm not going to bet the farm on it but I'd place a friendly 100 dollar wager on it if I had someone to bet with.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:58 PM
  #81
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Parise is a great player, and any of the 30 teams in the league would be better with him on their roster. With that said it makes zero sense for the Canucks to try to land him.

1) The Assets required to acquire Parise would leave the Canucks with 0 depth

2) Parise's new contract will probably be in the 6 million per range so that would give the Canucks a forward core of the Sedins 6.1 million per, Parise 6?, Kesler 5 - that's 23.2 million on 4 forwards. Basically the Canucks would be able to field a top pairing D, 5 forwards, 1 starter goalie, then round out the rest of the roster with players making the league minimum.

NJ won't trade Parise anyway so it's sort of a moot point, but just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:00 PM
  #82
GDDevils
Registered User
 
GDDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
@ apice3 Did you read the article he posted above?

I don't think I've read such unprofessional drivel in a long time.

It reads worse than a middleschool term paper.

And that's supposed to support his third argument here. Because his first two were so ridiculous that even he doesn't believe them now.

GDDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
  #83
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDDevils View Post
Are you seriously trying to use that to justify your argument?

There isn't a single quote in there from Langs. Not one single attributable statement from the person who supposedly said all of those things.

This is not journalism.

Just the musings of a nobody.

Congrats on making yourself look even more pathetic.
once agian truth hurts eh?

cant believe that your mighty NJDevils are messed up?

that nobody had access to your teams locker room and i dont think she would write lies and post the article so that everyone can say she a liar or its just the mussing of a nobody.

and getting angry at me and calling me pathetic just makes you look stupid. you dont agree with my opinion, thats cool but i obviously it hit a nerve cause you feel the need to lash out at me so i think you are just afraid to admit that your team is a lil messed up.

my apologies if i offended you as that was not my intent.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:03 PM
  #84
Gobo
What's Your Issue?
 
Gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wild Rose Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Parise is a great player, and any of the 30 teams in the league would be better with him on their roster. With that said it makes zero sense for the Canucks to try to land him.

1) The Assets required to acquire Parise would leave the Canucks with 0 depth

2) Parise's new contract will probably be in the 6 million per range so that would give the Canucks a forward core of the Sedins 6.1 million per, Parise 6?, Kesler 5 - that's 23.2 million on 4 forwards. Basically the Canucks would be able to field a top pairing D, 5 forwards, 1 starter goalie, then round out the rest of the roster with players making the league minimum.

NJ won't trade Parise anyway so it's sort of a moot point, but just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth
1) How does losing Schnieder, Hodgson, Bieksa and a 1st hurt the Nucks depth? That's just a deal I would imagine is somewhat fair.

2) Hodgson/Schnieder/Bieksa would make pretty close to what Parise will make.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:06 PM
  #85
GDDevils
Registered User
 
GDDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Clearly. It's irrelevant the Canucks are the class of the NHL and the Devils are the laughing stock of the league.

If you're willing to make bets like that something tells me you couldn't scrounge together enough change to take the bus to book it.
Seriously? That's the line you're going with?

I don't know to many people who have said 'I wish my team were more like the Canucks'.

That to me is what the class of the league is. One or two teams Detroit and either Pits or Chicago.

So pretty much you need to have won something in the last decade or so to be in the "Class of the NHL".

GDDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
  #86
GDDevils
Registered User
 
GDDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
once agian truth hurts eh?

cant believe that your mighty NJDevils are messed up?

that nobody had access to your teams locker room and i dont think she would write lies and post the article so that everyone can say she a liar or its just the mussing of a nobody.

and getting angry at me and calling me pathetic just makes you look stupid. you dont agree with my opinion, thats cool but i obviously it hit a nerve cause you feel the need to lash out at me so i think you are just afraid to admit that your team is a lil messed up.

my apologies if i offended you as that was not my intent.
I'm not getting mad.

I'm stating the truth.

Without a creditable quote from actual people all that article amounts to is a fabrication. Or as you put it a lie.

A personal blog is not a credible source and continuing to defend it as such diminishes the validity of your argument.

GDDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
  #87
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDDevils View Post
Seriously? That's the line you're going with?

I don't know to many people who have said 'I wish my team were more like the Canucks'.

That to me is what the class of the league is. One or two teams Detroit and either Pits or Chicago.

So pretty much you need to have won something in the last decade or so to be in the "Class of the NHL".
Or the last four decades.

It's amazing the sense of entitlement some fans get after a couple nice months.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
  #88
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
1) How does losing Schnieder, Hodgson, Bieksa and a 1st hurt the Nucks depth? That's just a deal I would imagine is somewhat fair.

2) Hodgson/Schnieder/Bieksa would make pretty close to what Parise will make.
You still have to replace the players you move, we wouldn't be able to sign a back-up as good as Schneider, who plays on our 2nd pairing shut down d-pairing? - who replaces Hodgson now, and in 3-4 years when he's a top 6 forward?

With Parise in the fold we wouldn't be able to sign Ehrhoff (no cap space) so you look like this

Sedin Sedin Parise
Raymond Kesler Burrows
xxxx Malhotra Hansen
xxxx xxxx xxxx

Edler Hamhuis
Ballard Tanev
Sweatt Rome

Luongo xxx

I would also be surprised if that package would land Parise - Bieksa is a UFA, so I'm sure he wouldn't be of much interest to NJ.

I think a realistic deal for Parise would require Edler and Hodgson - which I think is fair value, but not a deal the Canucks should or would make

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:30 PM
  #89
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDDevils View Post
I'm not getting mad.

I'm stating the truth.

Without a creditable quote from actual people all that article amounts to is a fabrication. Or as you put it a lie.

A personal blog is not a credible source and continuing to defend it as such diminishes the validity of your argument.
you might be right that she is not the most credible source but this is not the first time i have heard this or read it and i am not going to post links to back up what i have read. i dont want to bother cause i really dont care.

it doesnt bother me that you have a different opinion than me and i respect people for that but to call me pathetic cause i think differently than you or others shows a lack of or rather poor character on your part.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:33 PM
  #90
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Or the last four decades.

It's amazing the sense of entitlement some fans get after a couple nice months.
you are right. we have done nothing compared to your team over the last four decades but you cant live in the past. i guess the oilers are still a powerhouse too.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
  #91
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Given Parise's age and production, his value is probably top 10 if not top 5 for forwards in the league. The only forwards I would take in favor of him are:

Crosby
Ovechkin
Stamkos
Malkin

Maybe: Backstrom, Perry, Kopitar

Yes..Parise is that good. You aren't getting him for a load of prospects with second line potential at most. An offer for Parise starts with a player like Edler, and you'd probably still have to throw in Hodgson. Parise is a true franchise forward.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:39 PM
  #92
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDDevils View Post
Seriously? That's the line you're going with?

I don't know to many people who have said 'I wish my team were more like the Canucks'.

That to me is what the class of the league is. One or two teams Detroit and either Pits or Chicago.

So pretty much you need to have won something in the last decade or so to be in the "Class of the NHL".
i think he meant this year. and really if its this year your probably talking nucks, wings, pens and flyers.

but if you thinking last decade its probably det and thats it. pitts maybe cause of the last 3 or 4 seasons. i dont think the hawks fall into this, sure they won the cup last year but what did they do before that? and they currently in 8th place and not a lock to make the playoffs.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:40 PM
  #93
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDDevils View Post
@ apice3 Did you read the article he posted above?

I don't think I've read such unprofessional drivel in a long time.

It reads worse than a middleschool term paper.

And that's supposed to support his third argument here. Because his first two were so ridiculous that even he doesn't believe them now.
I clicked the link and read the first sentence and realized that he was citing a personal blog of a random chick from who knows where. That's when I stopped. I'm not even going to reply to him anymore because either he's a homer 14 year old with no understanding of the English language or he's a complete troll. Not worth my time at this point. He's clearly proved he's not knowledgeable or capable of holding a legitimate conversation.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:41 PM
  #94
GDDevils
Registered User
 
GDDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggerVance View Post
you might be right that she is not the most credible source but this is not the first time i have heard this or read it and i am not going to post links to back up what i have read. i dont want to bother cause i really dont care.

it doesnt bother me that you have a different opinion than me and i respect people for that but to call me pathetic cause i think differently than you or others shows a lack of or rather poor character on your part.
And backhanded comments about my character reflect poorly on yours as well.

My point is that no one besides you is saying this and no one else has posted anything to substantiate your argument.

The only thing I've read is what you posted and most of us agree that source is questionable at best.

GDDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:47 PM
  #95
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDDevils View Post
And backhanded comments about my character reflect poorly on yours as well.

My point is that no one besides you is saying this and no one else has posted anything to substantiate your argument.

The only thing I've read is what you posted and most of us agree that source is questionable at best.
so its settled than, we both are people of poor character...lol

looks like we can agree on something.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:47 PM
  #96
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Given Parise's age and production, his value is probably top 10 if not top 5 for forwards in the league. The only forwards I would take in favor of him are:

Crosby
Ovechkin
Stamkos
Malkin

Maybe: Backstrom, Perry, Kopitar

Yes..Parise is that good. You aren't getting him for a load of prospects with second line potential at most. An offer for Parise starts with a player like Edler, and you'd probably still have to throw in Hodgson. Parise is a true franchise forward.
Finally someone with logic. I wouldn't put Parise up there with Ovechkin or Crosby yet. IMO, there are certain tiers that players fall into (speaking just from a forward standpoint):

Tier 1: Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin
Tier 2: Parise, Kopitar, Datsyuk, Sedins, Gaborik, Zetterberg, Staal, Backstrom, Perry, Kovalchuk, Getzlaf, Kesler, etc.
Tier 3: Dubinsky, Carter, Sharp, Eriksson, Giroux etc.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:48 PM
  #97
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDDevils View Post
Seriously? That's the line you're going with?

I don't know to many people who have said 'I wish my team were more like the Canucks'.

That to me is what the class of the league is. One or two teams Detroit and either Pits or Chicago.

So pretty much you need to have won something in the last decade or so to be in the "Class of the NHL".
So Canuck fans should wish their team was more like the Hawks? A middling team in the West.

The Canucks are the class of the NHL right now. They're head and shoulders ahead of the field in the West.

New Jersey hasn't been the laughing stock of the league over the last few years either - I was talking about the present. Right now the Canucks are the cream of the crop and the Devils are a terrible hockey team.

You have nothing to say about the Devils being a safer bet to win a cup before Vancouver? You know, the whole premise of the conversation.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:52 PM
  #98
BaggerVance
 
BaggerVance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I clicked the link and read the first sentence and realized that he was citing a personal blog of a random chick from who knows where. That's when I stopped. I'm not even going to reply to him anymore because either he's a homer 14 year old with no understanding of the English language or he's a complete troll. Not worth my time at this point. He's clearly proved he's not knowledgeable or capable of holding a legitimate conversation.
no understanding of the english language? a troll? not knowledgable or capable of holding a legitimate conversation?

wow...just wow.

i make some observations about your team and you cant handle my opinion so you resort to personal attacks on me? thats sad. very very sad

this from a person you wont take a WOMENS comments on sports seriously?

maybe you should try to respect others and their opinions including womens thoughts on sports.

BaggerVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:55 PM
  #99
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
You have nothing to say about the Devils being a safer bet to win a cup before Vancouver? You know, the whole premise of the conversation.
I was the one who made that bet, not the user you're quoting. My bet would be made based on prior consistency. This NJ season is a fluke that began with the hiring of the wrong coach. We were completely uninspired and had nothing to play for.

Then Parise went down and the team was completely deflated. Our heart and soul was sitting in a press box for 4+ months and we showed no intention of overcoming that.

Then we traded our locker room cancer, hired our old coach back, and after a grace period, we're the hottest team in hockey aside from the Flames. Lemaire has done an outstanding job since being rehired. He's somehow turned this paperclip and chewing gum AHL caliber defense into one that is playing outstanding hockey right now. The young kids are learning, and Greene and Tallinder are looking as rejuvinated as ever.

Believe me, this season is a fluke. The Devils of the last 3 weeks are proving that. We may miss the playoffs, but we're going to go down fighting until the 82nd game. If we can re-sign Parise, we will be set with our offensive core for years to come. The only thing we'd have to do is wait for cap space and our D prospects to gain experience and we will 100% be back to the elite team we're used to being.

That is why I expect the Devils to win a Cup before the Canucks. It's nothing against Vancouver, I just don't see them winning it all this year even though they are the team to beat at this point. It's about myself having confidence in the team the Devils are currently tweeking.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 08:56 PM
  #100
Saren
Multi Pass!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fhloston Paradise
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Ryan Kesler is absolutely not worth more than Zach Parise. They're comparable defensively and Parise is much better offensively. Parise has had four consecutive 30 goal seasons, a 45 goal / 90 point season, a 3rd place Rocket Richard finish, and has gotten Hart votes while Kesler has yet to break 30 goals once. This is despite the fact that the Devils offense has been pretty mediocre post-lockout while Vancouver has the reigning Hart winner and is much better offensively. In fact, you have to go back to 2001 to find the last time New Jersey scored more goals than Vancouver did. Parise has done more with less.
I agree with everything except the quip on defence.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.