HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - Mtl

Old
02-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Edm - Mtl

To EDM: AK, 1st rder

To MTL: Penner, CGY 3rd rder

The Habs need some size up front, and while the Oil can't really afford to give any up, the chance to acquire another 1st in the 15-20 range should be enough to convince them. AK is a downgrade from Penner, but plays with feistiness (though his production is sporadic). An RFA that the Oil would qualify at 3.25. Basically the Habs move back roughly 55 spots in the draft to get a power forward still under contract next year. Fair value?

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Redwood Original
El Presidente

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=872622

Redwood Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePerfectStorm View Post
No way. That trade is too complicated, too many players going back and forth for non spectacular talent.

And no to the trade in this thread. Try Montreals 1st and Yanick Weber for Penner.

Leaf Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Beerfish

As an oiler fan I don't want AK. Replace him with prospect and we have a basis for discussion.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
As an oiler fan I don't want AK. Replace him with prospect and we have a basis for discussion.
See my other post.

1st
Weber

for

Penner

Do you like?

Old
02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger8719 View Post
No way. That trade is too complicated, too many players going back and forth for non spectacular talent.

And no to the trade in this thread. Try Montreals 1st and Yanick Weber for Penner.
Does Edmonton really need a Weber type player? Small blueliner that (from what I've seen) looks like a pretty big defensive liability.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Redwood Original
El Presidente

Quote:

I was just pointing out there is already a Penner to Montreal thread active. This could very easily be added to that discussion. Each specific proposal doesn't need it's own thread.

Redwood Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
See my other post.

1st
Weber

for

Penner

Do you like?
I like Weber. I know it's a dumb reference but I always pick him up on my NHL 10/11 GM mode games and he progresses quite well into a 2nd pairing D-man. I'd probably make this trade

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Does Edmonton really need a Weber type player? Small blueliner that (from what I've seen) looks like a pretty big defensive liability.
Looking at who they have on their blueline? Yes they do. I mean, I would only trade Penner for a defenceman, whether he be a younger guy like Weber or someone closer to Penner's age. Maybe they could get a better D for Penner, but I doubt it. And Weber isn't that big of a liability, just check out what Subban's capable of doing to score on Price. Throw in a 1st, pretty good deal.

If I were Edmonton's management and was dead set on trading Penner, I'd seriously look at this deal.

Old
02-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
I was just pointing out there is already a Penner to Montreal thread active. This could very easily be added to that discussion. Each specific proposal doesn't need it's own thread.
Fair enough, sorry for reacting the way I did, sir.

Old
oilerfan1989*

no from the oilers, there will b better offers on the table then that. i think that they will keep penner unless its a trade they cant resist...

oilerfan1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thalegion

No to the first deal, maybe to the Second, however I believe the Oilers would be wanting a top prospect type for Penner and Weber isn't one of them.

thalegion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:54 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
No to the first deal, maybe to the Second, however I believe the Oilers would be wanting a top prospect type for Penner and Weber isn't one of them.
good because the habs won't give a first for penner

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
I guess the Oilers might want that, but there's no way they'd get a top prospect. Well, depending on your definition of a top prospect. Who would you want for Penner?

Old
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
good because the habs won't give a first for penner
Not even a 20th~ pick? I'd say Penner is probably better than whatever you USUALLY get that low in the first round.

Old
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
I guess the Oilers might want that, but there's no way they'd get a top prospect. Well, depending on your definition of a top prospect. Who would you want for Penner?
again let's reiterate, not in a 1000 years will Gauthier give up leblanc, tinordi, pacioretty, eller, subban etc for Penner.

it might be a 2nd tier dude like kristo or a pouliot etc but none of the 1st round draftees

Old
02-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
again let's reiterate, not in a 1000 years will Gauthier give up leblanc, tinordi, pacioretty, eller, subban etc for Penner.

it might be a 2nd tier dude like kristo or a pouliot etc but none of the 1st round draftees
..... I know Montreal wouldn't give any of those players up...I said that in my post earlier. No way Penner would get a top prospect, more of a B prospect. I agree someone with the talent like Kristo could get Penner, but I also said earlier I don't see him being traded unless it's for a defenceman, so not Kristo but someone of his prospect grade.

Old
02-05-2011, 01:06 PM
thalegion

Quote:
Not even a 20th~ pick? I'd say Penner is probably better than whatever you USUALLY get that low in the first round.
Without this turning into an arguement, Tinordi and a or possibly a second is quite fair, I'm not gonna pay much attention to that other guy in the thread because he is set in his ways. You gotta remember he'd be your second best player.

Old
02-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Without this turning into an arguement, Tinordi and a or possibly a second is quite fair, I'm not gonna pay much attention to that other guy in the thread because he is set in his ways. You gotta remember he'd be your second best player.
I like the value for sure of that trade. I just don't know why they would trade Penner for a young forward though when they don't need one. I know I keep beating this horse but I only see Penner being traded for a D. I think that D is Weber, IF he were to go to Montreal.

Old
02-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
My bad, I didn't see it at the time. Suppose I should look past the 1st page (which it wasn't on at the time).

As for AK coming back, I don't really want him either, but I thought he's their only expendable guy with the proper salary to accommodate Penner. Am I misinformed here?

Old
02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
thalegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
My bad, I didn't see it at the time. Suppose I should look past the 1st page (which it wasn't on at the time).

As for AK coming back, I don't really want him either, but I thought he's their only expendable guy with the proper salary to accommodate Penner. Am I misinformed here?
I agree with salary issues, but it wouldn't be worth it for the Oilers, and as for not seeing the other thread brother you posted in it

Old
02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
lol you're funny. in your opinion tinordi - who the habs traded two high picks to select, who is exactly what they need on a thin D is not worth what penner brings to the habs. penner would be the habs 2nd best player based on what? do you actually watch the habs or have you pulled this analysis out of your arse?
up front cammy, pleks, gionta all come to mind as instantly better.
i'd give a 2nd for penner but we don't have one

Old
02-05-2011, 01:17 PM
thalegion

Quote:
lol you're funny. in your opinion tinordi - who the habs traded two high picks to select, who is exactly what they need on a thin D is not worth what penner brings to the habs. penner would be the habs 2nd best player based on what? do you actually watch the habs or have you pulled this analysis out of your arse?
up front cammy, pleks, gionta all come to mind as instantly better.
i'd give a 2nd for penner but we don't have one
Not sure why this guy is replying to me, unfortunately he is right, I forgot about Cammy.

Old
02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Not sure why this guy is replying to me, unfortunately he is right, I forgot about Cammy.
He's special and angry.

Old
02-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
I agree with salary issues, but it wouldn't be worth it for the Oilers, and as for not seeing the other thread brother you posted in it
Ya... after TPS brought it to my attention.