HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Improve Calgary's line up

Old
02-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Remember2004

vCash: 500
Improve Calgary's line up

Ok so as you all know The Flames are on a 6 games winning streak and they look pretty good right now but do you think that Calgary can acquire better players to fill the weaker ones in the line up?
Most of you are thinking they are winning why mess something that is going well right? Well ALL good things come to a end. So here is the roster as of today.

Tanguay Morrison Iginla
Borque Jokinen Moss
Glencross Stajan Kostopolous
Jackman Backlund (Bouma?)

Hagman,Staios, Ivanans are out with Injuries

Boumeester Regher
Giordano Sarich
Babchuk Pardy

That looks pretty solid but I can see the Right Wing can be upgraded and maybe even the center position. So what would be an ideal trade for Calgary to acquire players to upgrade the position? I believe the Flames can do better the the new players acquired.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
oilerfan1989*

umberger, but i think he might be a left winger, but im not 100% sure

oilerfan1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Xelstyle

Staios actually played last game as a forward since Stouma couldn't make it to the game.
Either way, the Flames don't have any players of values that they could move without making a hole in that same spot. Trading our future (Backlund, picks) is an absolute taboo for Feaster so there's nothing that the Flames can do.

I agree it'd be great if we could get a better second line winger on paper, but all it takes is one or two players (I'm looking at you Bourque) to step up for this team to keep it hot.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 03:23 PM
ComixZone

Keep the roster as is, unless you can move Hagman for a decent center on an expiring contract (the value for the other team being Hagman signed next year for a fair contract).

If New Jersey was looking to move Arnott and were willing to take Hagman and a late pick (4th), that'd be interesting. Not sure what the market will be come trade deadline though.

Tanguay - Arnott - Iginla
Bourque - Jokinen - Moss
Glencross - Stajan - Morrison
Kostopolous - Backlund - Jackman
Call-Up (Bouma, Nemisz, Meyers)

then address the draft situation in the summer by dealing Sarich 3.6 hit (3.2 salary) for a 3rd.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 03:35 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan1989 View Post
umberger, but i think he might be a left winger, but im not 100% sure
CBJ will not and should not trade RJ Umberger for anything less than massive overpayment.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 03:39 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
CBJ will not and should not trade RJ Umberger for anything less than massive overpayment.
ya i figured he'd b an overpayment.. i think he'd b a good fit in calgary, i also dont know wut calgary has that columbus would want?

Old
02-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Keep the roster as is, unless you can move Hagman for a decent center on an expiring contract (the value for the other team being Hagman signed next year for a fair contract).

If New Jersey was looking to move Arnott and were willing to take Hagman and a late pick (4th), that'd be interesting. Not sure what the market will be come trade deadline though.

Bourque - Jokinen - Moss

then address the draft situation in the summer by dealing Sarich 3.6 hit (3.2 salary) for a 3rd.
Arnott would be interesting but he has a 4.5mil cap hit compared to hagmans 3m Flames need to add something to balance out salary. Also Arnott has a NMC. Well there will be alot of interesting moves in the Summer with about 8.4M coming off the books. Also if Borque does get hot again that would be amazing but its good to see the 3rd/4th liners scoring too

Old
02-05-2011, 03:59 PM
FlamesFan18

Players id say Calgary should bring (ONLY 2011 FREE AGENTS).

Thomas Fleischman
Brooks Laich
Chad LaRose
Chris Higgins
Anti Miettinen
Nikolai Zherdev
Jussi Jokinen
Chuck Kobasew
Scottie Upshall

Of course Fleischmann, Laich, and Jokinen will be hard to get, I say we go after Kobasew.

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:14 PM
FlamesFan18

But I really only think Kotalik and Staios need to go. Maybe for the first time in forever we should start calling up our prospects and giving them a few games on the 4th line and see how they all do, maybe one player will spark and we wont even have to worry...

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Flamefan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan18 View Post
Players id say Calgary should bring (ONLY 2011 FREE AGENTS).

Thomas Fleischman
Brooks Laich
Chad LaRose
Chris Higgins
Anti Miettinen
Nikolai Zherdev
Jussi Jokinen
Chuck Kobasew
Scottie Upshall

Of course Fleischmann, Laich, and Jokinen will be hard to get, I say we go after Kobasew.
I would love Laich on calgary to replace glencross next year

Flamefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Remember2004

Well Staios is gone by the end of the season and Kotalik is going to be buried in the Minors next season hopefully. Laich would be good addition. Jussi Jokinen and Fleishman are going to be resigned or signed before we try we might not want to offer the money. I dont know about Kobasew he was ok with the Flames but he could be a upgrade over Kostopoulous and maybe Jackman.

Old
02-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Cephalusc

This is a team I wouldn't disturb much right now. I'd be happy if the only move they made was Staios for a pick.

Of course a 1st line center would be great, but there is no realistic way of getting one right now without giving up players we want to keep.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Remember2004

Key word no realistic way. You have to give something to get it right? We would have to trade Regher as he is one of the most tradeable assets compared to Jay Bouw. We need to acquire first line center to play with Iginla so he can't be traded.

Old
02-05-2011, 05:34 PM
last row purple

vCash: 680
fire Sutter

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
ya i figured he'd b an overpayment.. i think he'd b a good fit in calgary, i also dont know wut calgary has that columbus would want?
Pretty much nothing that would justify an Umberger trade. The closest Calgary gets to a Columbus need is Jay Bouwmeester, and there's two strikes there - Calgary wouldn't want to trade him, and we don't want him.

So... yeah, not goin' anywhere.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:16 PM
GaryTheGreatRoberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post

Bourque - Jokinen - Moss

Even Tho Arnnot is older id still take him form ether Stajan,Hagman or Sarich

GaryTheGreatRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:18 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Arnott would be interesting but he has a 4.5mil cap hit compared to hagmans 3m Flames need to add something to balance out salary. Also Arnott has a NMC. Well there will be alot of interesting moves in the Summer with about 8.4M coming off the books. Also if Borque does get hot again that would be amazing but its good to see the 3rd/4th liners scoring too
Flames have cap-space due to Kotalik/Conroy being gone. Langkow won't be back this season (...unfortunately, he's probably played his last game in the NHL).

A deal based on Hagman/Arnott wouldn't be held up for cap-reasons.

Hagman signed for 1 more year @ 3 million
Arnott is a free agent this summer.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Cephalusc

I don't see Arnott as much of an upgrade over our current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Key word no realistic way. You have to give something to get it right? We would have to trade Regher as he is one of the most tradeable assets compared to Jay Bouw. We need to acquire first line center to play with Iginla so he can't be traded.
Regehr alone is not enough for a first line center. We've been talking about getting a first line center for years, I doubt it's going to happen this season. Trading for a 1st line C is just too difficult/costly. We'll see if Feaster can attract a top UFA here, but I have my doubts. I think Flames fans are going to need to be patient and find one via the draft.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:52 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by last row purple View Post
fire Sutter
Welcome to two months ago.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

If Calgary is going for the playoffs, they really do not have much to trade to aquire anything. Hagman and Sarich maybe? Lets be honest, not many teams would take Staios or Stajan, no one wants Kotalik. Trading Jokinen for another forward would be a lateral trade. If the Flames continue to fight for a playoff spot, I do not think any major moves will be made until the offseason. The only chance they have of making any kind significant move before the deadline I would think be moving Stajan and Sarich in the same package to upgrade at forward.

Also, I would not be opposed to bringing back Kobasew for around 2 million. Zherdev is another name who would interest me, I think he has been much better this year than his numbers would suggest.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:08 PM
JAK

Calgary trades their first to NJ for Arnott.

should help,

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Lunatik*

the last thing the Flames should do is make a move to trade picks or younger players... they should run with what they have and see where it goes...

all they need to improve their lineup right now is Hagman and Bourque to pick it up

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 11:01 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Welcome to two months ago.
im sure he's talking about the coach brent, darryl was fired/stepped down 2 months ago

Old
02-05-2011, 11:05 PM
last row purple

vCash: 680
Quote:
im sure he's talking about the coach brent, darryl was fired/stepped down 2 months ago
I didnt think I needed to explain, since there is only one Sutter left. Thank you. I didnt see his post.

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
Calgary trades their first to NJ for Arnott.

should help,
Heeeellll no.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote