HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #55 @ Montreal Canadiens

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #55 @ Montreal Canadiens Pos
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Martin Biron 59 68.60%
Ryan Callahan 3 3.49%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 2.33%
Dan Girardi 2 2.33%
Ryan McDonagh 4 4.65%
Michael Sauer 3 3.49%
Marc Staal 3 3.49%
Wojtek Wolski 1 1.16%
Mats Zuccarello 6 6.98%
Other 3 3.49%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
POTG: Biron
The good: Prospal looks like he's getting up to speed quickly these last two games.
the bad: pretty much everything. PP, inability to finish, etc etc
the redden: fans on here over-reacting and wanting to trade/fire everyone.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:49 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDnyr92 View Post
Honestly, fire Sullivan, trade Gaborik, trade Del Zotto.

Sullivan has no idea how to run a proper PP, nor how to properly align the blue line so that we don't have such a weak pairing.

Gaborik obviously can't show up when he has to. Torts is telling him to be selfish and carry it in to the zone... but for some reason he interprets that as trying to weave through three defenders by himself and lose the puck.

Del Zotto has the wrong mindset completely. His play is no where near is has to be, and is not even going in the right direction. I don't know how he could think that he's doing alright. Constantly makes blatantly bad plays putting the team at risk, and never really makes a difference offensively.

Gotta start making moves for the rebuild. These guys just don't fit.

Onto the next game... LGR
Honestly, I didn't see MDZ do anything wrong defensively. You must of been one of the people who said that Dan Girardi was hardly an NHL caliber defensiveman last season. People just look at all of the negatives and never see any of the good things that these guys do. The team lost because they couldn't score for anything. Sure MDZ should be doing more offensively, but I'm fine with him playing a decent defensive game before he gets there.

He also had 3 shots on goal in only 13 minutes of ice time. The team high was 4. So IDK what more you want from him.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:50 PM
OverTheCap

No one can complain about lack of effort. This was the first 60-minute effort the Rangers have played in awhile.

But once again, the PP sucks all the momentum out of the team. They are forcing bad passes across the ices and are looking for the perfect play as opposed to getting shots on goal. Having to rely on Del Zotto and Gaborik on the PP, who have struggled all year, is not a good plan. I would give Gabby less PP time (I think he actually may have been benched for one today) and have guys like Boyle and Avery play so they can crash and grind instead of playing a finesse game which never works. Wouldn't mind seeing Sauer or even McDonagh get some PP time.

No particular player stands out to me as having a truly awful game. Gaborik continues to underwhelm but I'm used to that at this point. As has been the case since Jagr left, this team is deficient in the talent department and no amount of effort can overcome that.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:51 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Honestly, I didn't see MDZ do anything wrong defensively. You must of been one of the people who said that Dan Girardi was hardly an NHL caliber defensiveman last season. People just look at all of the negatives and never see any of the good things that these guys do. The team lost because they couldn't score for anything. Sure MDZ should be doing more offensively, but I'm fine with him playing a decent defensive game before he gets there.

He also had 3 shots on goal in only 13 minutes of ice time. The team high was 4. So IDK what more you want from him.
pretty sure del zotto had our only shot on goal through 3 powerplays...

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:52 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Actually I've always believed in Girardi. He's a top top pairing solid D-man. Never said that he was barely even an NHLer. Sorry I'm not who you thought I was.

Anyway, I saw a bunch of pinches, surges for the puck that MDZ had no chance at getting, just leading to an odd man advantage on the rush for MTL. I didn't see anything good, or solid, that MDZ did today either, other than maybe hitting the net that one time. I've gotta see him play solid defensive game consistently before he deserves credit for anything.

UDnyr92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
POTG: Martin Biron
Good: Biron, defense, fore-checking 5-on-5
Bad: Powerplay, karma of Gomez scoring
Redden: Inconsistent reffing. As much as some of you may think I probably am biased, I saw at least 5-6 calls that were not made on the Habs. That missed cross-check by Hamrlik on Staal was brutal and Weber yanked down a couple of Rangers during the game.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mike14

MOTM was Biron for mine.
The good was the D, especially Staal, Sauer and McD. i still think Eminger needs to come back into the lineup.
The bad is their inability to finish.
The Redden is a tie between the PP and bi-polar fans who overreact over stuff

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDnyr92 View Post
Gaborik obviously can't show up when he has to. Torts is telling him to be selfish and carry it in to the zone... but for some reason he interprets that as trying to weave through three defenders by himself and lose the puck.
Haha, yeah, Gaborik's 1 on 1 play has been absolutely laughable. All he does is lose the puck over and over and over with some terrible move (whether it be against 1 defender or 2 or 3 as you mentioned).

I guess he needs a tee-ball approach now since he's clearly not capable of making a play.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:54 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Player of the game: Biron, no question
The good: McDonagh and Sauer
The bad: where's the skill?

The Redden: Sullivan and the power play

Power play is now 5 for 37 in the past 10 games, but wait guys, it's the goaltending fault we're not getting points.

FIRE SULLIVAN

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Blazephr

am i crazy? wasn't the Ranger power-play doing better when Gabby was out injured?

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Posting from my phone, glad I'm gonna miss what's sure to be a meltdown...over/under on trade Gaborik and MDZ threads? Anyway, we played a decent gamee, Marty looked great as usual, but the fire just doesn't seem to be there anymore. If guys are gonna start playing sloppily and our PP continues to be so horrendous, we might as well just fast-forward to the off-season and see if we get Richards.

We technically played good, but I'm incredibly disappointed. This is also the closest thing to a full, good healthy lineup well have this year, WITH Drury sitting, and we get embarassed.

We REALLY need somebody for the powerplay and the PP continues to lose us games instead of win them.

Whatever. Disappointing game, as hasbeen the story since Vancouver for the most part. Let's hope they can get it back on track before a stupid slump ****s us out of a playof spot.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

If you don't vote for biron i don't know what anyone was watching. The stepan line was also great all night. They didn't get enough ice time.

The Bad: Gaborik and his line generated absolutely nothing. I also thought DZ was somewhat crappy in his limited ice time. And torts.

The Redden: Should i even put the pp or is it that obvious

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

The Good: Biron
The Bad: Everything else.
The Redden: The Powerless play.

Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:57 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
POTG: Wolski looked good tonight.
Good: Biron, Sauer, McDonagh
Bad: Offense
Redden: PP, Girardi on the Gomez goal

So...you're saying there's a chance?
Love the Dumb & Dumber quote. Good one.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:58 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

POTG: Biron

The good: effort level

The bad: Torts for blaming Hank for recent losses instead of actually trying to address the real issues with this team.

The Redden: the power play is circus like in it's execution.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:00 PM
NCRanger

Player of the Game : I'll go with Sauer

The good : Not much

The bad : The PP, and MDZ dressing over Eminger again

The Redden : The fact that this team does not do anything against opponents that play a "system". Hence the reason they can beat Washington, run it up on Toronto, etc. Anytime they run into a defensive system, they're screwed.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Also gonna jump in and say Vinny oProspal looks great out there and I'm happy to have him back. He gave Gaborik a few passes that wouldve been good scoring chances iirc.

Old
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Dear Torts :

1: Please fix the PP
2: Please fix Gaborik

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Also anyone on MDZ's back because of today is blatantly doing it because he's the new whipping boy. He looked fine and even took a shot on the PP, a trick the rest of the powerless squad need to learn.

Old
02-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
im not trying to be pecamistic here but before 3 games ago i thought we really could make it far into the playoffs. now...hrmm i dunno. not if they play like they have been. AND SCORE SOME ****ING GOALS JESUS CHRIST!!

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Janerixon

Blueshirt said, "Also anyone on MDZ's back because of today is blatantly doing it because he's the new whipping boy. He looked fine and even took a shot on the PP, a trick the rest of the powerless squad need to learn."

Dude he took one shot, we had 4 PP's, so you want me to give him a pass? he has no business being here, PERIOD. I don't even think I saw him play in the 3rd period, he provides little to no offense and is afraid to shoot the puck. Besides distributing the puck, the pointmen are supposed to shoot the puck on net.

If you think he looked fine, get new glasses. He didn't cost us, but he didn't provide anything either, him and Zucc on the point is killing this team.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Janerixon

The Good - Sauer and McDonagh, becoming a solid 2nd pair and both have really come along nicely
Avery - hitting, fighting, shooting, passing, hustling, Sean Avery is coming back
Biron - He played very well, 1 goal given up, thats a solid performance and I would consider giving the start on Monday if I was Torts, he played that well

The Bad - Our lack of coaching and the fact Del Zotto and Zucc are on the point on the PP and Sauer is not

The Redden - Our powerplay, it is killing this team and costing us games. 1 point out of 8 in the last 4. If this doesn't get fixed out playoff hopes are gone.

I expect a trade for a PP QB (not the monkey pictured but he could help) probably after the Detroit game as we have 3 days off to get him accustomed to the team and work on the PP feverishly

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Biron played great, Sauer/McDonagh played well too

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

If we have a good powerplay we win this game.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:24 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 6000
I bet we would have won this game if we hadn't gotten any powerplays. Every time we got a powerplay, the momentum died.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote