HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #55 @ Montreal Canadiens

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #55 @ Montreal Canadiens Pos
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Martin Biron 59 68.60%
Ryan Callahan 3 3.49%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 2.33%
Dan Girardi 2 2.33%
Ryan McDonagh 4 4.65%
Michael Sauer 3 3.49%
Marc Staal 3 3.49%
Wojtek Wolski 1 1.16%
Mats Zuccarello 6 6.98%
Other 3 3.49%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-05-2011, 04:26 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
MDZ is way too predictable. I've said it before, he needs to bring the puck in on his own on the power play. I know what he's gonna do everytime. Brings it up from behind his own net, slows down at his own blueline, looks and makes a bad pass at the red line, other team gets the puck and clears it. Repeat over again to kill 30 more seconds off the pp.

This team also has no idea how to dump a puck in. You don't shoot it around so the goalie stops it and they clear it, you dump it in to the corner that way the goalie can't get it and it isn't so easy for them to clear it out. Not that difficult.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Just a question...who DID help us today? None of our golden boys did, because guess what? We got shut out and lost 2-0. I said he looked fine, which its obvious he did...unless you need a whipping boy. I never said he should stay up here, I think he should go back to Hartford and hone his game. But with people posting him as "the bad" and "the redden" its painfully obvious he's just the whipping boy, even though he didn't do anything tonight.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Janerixon

I Agree with Dredden and WPGNYRFan...

Something needs to change, besides some disagreements about this team lacking a #1 center and the issues most have with Drury, Del Zotto, Gaborik, and the effort

We had a solid effort tonight, one of the best efforts in games, and we still lost because of the PP. We couldn't score, and the Habs fed off the momentum.

Sather wants to make the playoffs, if every poster here and even Spector and Joe are complaining about our awful PP, i expect Sather to take action. 3 days off after the Detroit game, expecting it to happen then

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

How is Montreal's PP? Maybe we should get that guy Perry The Platapus?

Good effort

no finish

getting better

we might make the playoffs

Gaborik continues to underacheive

Team plays better without Drury. Nothing personal, just an observation.

Biron is a top backup

MDZ & Gilroy both looked a bit better

Starting to like McD a lot

Dubi getting back to form, yes he still makes mistakes

A few more games and Cally will start leading the forecheck with body checks, scoring will improve as direct result

Overall a good comeback effort after the dismal devs game

Torts post game: I like what he said. He's not throwing the team under the bus. GOOD.

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 02-05-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: sp
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Janerixon

Blueshirt
I didn't list him as the bad or the redden, I couldn't because I don't think he even played in the 3rd period, if he did he was invisible because I didn't even notice him.

My issue with him is he is not sound defensively, and he offers NOTHING to the PP. The PP is costing us games, the last 3 to be exact and He should not be playing on it as he only looks to pass. The same with Zucc, and to some extent if Gaborik is going to refuse to shoot, he shouldn't be getting PP time either

I'd rather see Sauer
Girardi
Staal
McDonagh
Gilroy
and even Christensen at the point because he has a great wrister and will shoot

Old
02-05-2011, 04:47 PM
XLJ

The Good- I thought they played a full 60 minute game. Really liked the Wolski-Step-Zuc line. Hope Torts doesn't break them up. Loved the way Avery-Boyle-Prust played. Perfect 4th line they were hitting, got under the other teams skin and had some scoring chances.

The Bad- Gaborik looks lost

The Redden- Once again our powerplay cost us the game. We would win a lot of these games if we had a decent powerplay. Sather has got to trade for someone. Maybe try to get Anton Babchuk.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:48 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
I expect a trade to go down by Monday; I'm scared to think about what it is.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:48 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

McCabe would be the perfect pickup for us IMO. Has that booming shot at the point that we need and his contract expires after the year. Is he playing or is he still out?

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I did NOT get that impression watching Torts post game.

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 02-05-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: sp
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:50 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
Man, is it always so suicidal in here after a loss! Cheer up you guys! You weren't outplayed, or if you were it was hardly noticeable or notable. I know a four game slump sucks, but didn't you guys notice our road trip in December? We lost 4-1 against the ISLES, the damn ISLES and only won ONE GAME in seven. I'd be pretty damn frustrated if the roles were reversed, but you just have to remember that your playoff spot isn't in IMMEDIATE jeopardy and every single team has their slumps! And focus on the positives, Biron looked awesome out there.

I wouldn't lie and say I wasn't pretty damn happy to see my favourite Eastern conference team win but you guys are being way too hard on yourselves for what was a very tight game.

I apologize for posting this too, because I'm going to come across as either vaguely gloating or that annoying guy who comes in and posts pity congratulations after a win and would probably slit their wrists if it had been a loss. I'm really not. There's just so many teams in more dire straits in the league, you just need a little perspective and remember that everyone has those slumps!

I'll be rooting for you against Detroit.

eli J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:54 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Fortunately I think you are wrong. It is clear this team is not yet a contender, and it would be stupid to make moves that are really just band aids. It's a young team on the rise and it's only natural that there will be bumps in the road.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Sticky Fingers

Even though I'm not a fan of keeping MDZ over Eminger, the problem tonight was not scoring a goal, not letting one in. And yeah, MDZ is supposed to net some from the point, right, but: 13 out of the top 100 in the PP-goal ranking are defensemen. So, what about put the main blame on Gabe, Zucc, Boyle, Step...for not scoring? You don't score, you don't win, simple as that. And you don't put the blame on the defensemen (who let one goal in) for that.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:56 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Fortunately I think you are wrong. It is clear this team is not yet a contender, and it would be stupid to make moves that are really just band aids. It's a young team on the rise and it's only natural that there will be bumps in the road.
I hope I'm wrong as well, I just have this terrible feeling.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If Kotalik wasn't such a humongous fail i'd say we need a trade. Someone who can actually play hockey, but also has a laser shot and loves to blast one-timers. Staal has a good shot and I don't know why he doesn't one-time it more often.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

spent my day riding this so i missed this awful game.

few things

drurys injury. i predicted this last week. fake injury will keep him out. hes been so bad, even his c cant save him. considering hes a respected vet, you cant scratch him. thus, the old bogus injury trick. dude is done. then again, been sayin that since what....2 years ago.

goal scoring or lack there of. this team is in trouble. many of us have been saying smoke and mirrors for a while now. this team cannot score. period. we have 1 finisher and hes playing like he could care less. the rest of our top 9 forwards are rookies or 3rd line types other than w2. this staff still cannot assemble even a decent powerplay and thats all you need to know. unless and until those 2 issues are addressed, we will begin to fade outa the race soon and become sellers at the deadline.

dont think even for a minute this team has just hit a bad stretch. its not true- this has been coming for a long time. beating weak teams and winning in skills competitions means nothing. this team has major flaws and now they chickens have come home to roost. so to speak. we're in for a very long feb.

henrik lundqvist. hes been weak. torts called him out, which i do not like and to be clear, this team cant score so it cannot be hanks fault we are losing. but..... his play is clearly below his standard and hes costing us big time by droping huge stinking turds once a game.

powerplay. single biggest reason we suk. it aint that ya gotta score every time, its just that if you look inept, careless and clueless when you have an extra player on the ice, it makes playing 5 on 5 that much harder. this pp absolutely suks the life outa this team and its happening over and over and over again. any team cannot over come the mental letdown when your pp looks as bad as ours every single time.

the fact that we are even mentioning sheldon souray says alot about this team right now. if hes what we need to help us then god help us.

oh, and riding my sled is wayyyyyyyyyy more fun than watching these clowns mail it in.

Last edited by Fitzy: 02-05-2011 at 05:51 PM.
offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:34 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

lol Malkin's out for the year...

Gaborik, Grachev for Malkin.

We are just as good without him than with him...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:16 PM
TigerJack

POTG: Biron
Good: Dubinsky and Zuccarello
The Bad: Gaborik and the PP

Btw, I donīt think Zucca is the right man to play the Power play Point. He should be used in other positions in PP.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
satrabyk

How the fan fav Wolski do today? All i can say is we were a much better looking team the first half of the season than the second imo. Were getting away from what made us successfull early one. Rozi and Fro and 2 guys that so many wanted gone and still probably do but the way i see it they were a big part of the wins early on as well as Feds. It seems that changing this team is backfiring Wolski, Prospal. I could def get on board with Zucc but not with subs of Wolski, Prospal for Feds and Fro, the team is losing any of there identity early on that made us such a tough team to play. BTW i thought id be the last one to say this, but were probably better off with Drury in the line-up.

Last edited by satrabyk: 02-05-2011 at 06:29 PM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Vitto79

by god i'm going to the game vs the Wings and im scared......just realized the Canes play the Thrashers so good news one loses, bad news one wins

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Bardof425*

The Good: Biron, Sauer, McD, Zucc, Cally
The Bad: Gabby, Boyle, Prust
The Ugly: The PP
The Redden: A team with little offensive talent and no PP playing defense first until the 3rd period.

Let 'em loose John. Let's see what happens.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
How the fan fav Wolski do today?
Like most of the team he worked really hard (one thing the Rangers do well is to give a 100 percent effort...well, most of the guys, hehe).

He really should have scored on a very nice pass by Zucc, but i dont think he hit the puck quite right (it missed the net anyway). He also created some stuff on his own, and the times the Wolski - Stepan - Zucc line was out there, they generally played very well (in my opinion).

Hopefully they'll get out of their slump and really open the floodgates in terms of scoring

Placid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:35 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
Like most of the team he worked really hard (one thing the Rangers do well is to give a 100 percent effort...well, most of the guys, hehe).

He really should have scored on a very nice pass by Zucc, but i dont think he hit the puck quite right (it missed the net anyway). He also created some stuff on his own, and the times the Wolski - Stepan - Zucc line was out there, they generally played very well (in my opinion).

Hopefully they'll get out of their slump and really open the floodgates in terms of scoring
Im just not on board with W2, at all. First i thought similar about Zucc but that changed quick mainly from the difference in speed from the first game or two i watched him to the following games. Probably had to do with nerves and hesitancy but he def got heart and can create a goal or two.

Last edited by satrabyk: 02-05-2011 at 06:41 PM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:36 PM
rody

Quote:
POTG: Wolski looked good tonight.
Good: Biron, Sauer, McDonagh
Bad: Offense
Redden: PP, Girardi on the Gomez goal

So...you're saying i
there's a chance?
I don't know what game you were watching it was Staal who had Gomez.

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
No one said a trade will make us a contender, This team can't score on the PP to save their lives. Sather is just trying to make it to the playoffs, it brings extra revenue to MSG and the Dolans, and it gets out kids valuable experience to build off of.

As I have posted for the last few weeks, check Sather's track record, he trades for a Veteran d-man closing in on the deadline, usually someone who can run the PP

Ozolinsh
Gusarov
Mara
Backman
Morris
Erikkson

I also don't care what Torts says because he said MDZ should be in the minors 2 weeks ago and now he has suddenly "improved" and is playing over Eminger? Sather makes the calls, he traded Rozy for Wolski, he will trade for a D-man who can run the PP and who is not afraid to shoot, for better or worse. I would not be surprised if a roster player is moved with a pick or prospect, something we have done before with Pascal Dupuis. Besides at some point we get Fedotenko back, a Torts kind of guy

Old
02-05-2011, 07:39 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Good - Biron
Bad - 4 PPs 1 Shot
Redden - Another Gomez interview.

I didn't see the pregame but anyone think that Drury's sore knee has anything to do with the Souray rumors and the rest of the forwards being healthy?

Last edited by vipernsx: 02-05-2011 at 07:44 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote