Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Game #54 @ Philly, 2/05/11 (6 PM CST)

Old
02-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
When you can't clear the zone and you get outchanged, bad things will happen. Terrible D by Fistric in front of the net as well, but he was hung out to dry by Skrastins getting stuck out there and not being able to prevent the double team.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

We're not coming back...

Defense plays good all night then they screw that up. We cannot be good teams. And we have a very tough end of the year schedule.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Kritter471

Neal god dammit, just shoot that after the first cut.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Lose the rest of the way and rebuild. This team is going nowhere with this joke of a defense. Daley and Robidas all on long term deals. Blah.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:21 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Well it's over...another loss, 3 straight

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Kritter471

Fan panic is funny.

You know what would actually help? Trading Neal for a defensemen and their goalies starting to play better. Two of the goals tonight are really preventable unscreened shots, and it will take assets to get a good defenseman.

But they lost 4 in 5 in October too, and people who think OMG season over! don't understand how long seasons really are.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:26 PM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

wow there are people actually complaining about lehtonen. hes stopped two breakaways and made at least 4 or 5 other really strong saves. outside of morrow, ribeiro, and lehtonen on one on this team has showed up this game other than kari. pathetic

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
I hope Joe's watching this one (and the past few) very closely.

Fix our blueline, Nieuwy.

02-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompus Rex View Post
wow there are people actually complaining about lehtonen. hes stopped two breakaways and made at least 4 or 5 other really strong saves. outside of morrow, ribeiro, and lehtonen on one on this team has showed up this game other than kari. pathetic
Yes. Lehtonen for the most part is great every game but he gives up the same goals every time and its costing us. Hes so slow on the high glove side its just a matter of being able to hit that corner to score.

The first 2 goals were highly highly HIGHLY preventable and he should have had both. Mezaros was really quick but he saw it coming, and Powe's should be caught 10 times out of 10.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Kritter471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompus Rex View Post
He also gave up two unscreened short side goals on stoppable shots. Neither was off the pipe or some other unstoppable location. It was a very Turco-esque performance, honestly. Make some big saves but screw up the easy ones that cost your team a loss.

With the lack of talent on defense, this team needs their goalies to make all the easy saves, and Lehtonen didn't tonight.

Honestly, this loss bothered me a lot less than the others ones because a lot of the really nasty trends (other than the soft goals allowed by the goalie and the special teams issues) were less evident. The Stars were able to have decent puck possession, decent neutral zone defense and generally didn't look as outclassed as the last several games. As banged up as they are (and with the references to fatigue and some of them still being sick, I would lay money there's a flu bug going around as well), this was they type of game I would expect to see sans iffy goals against.

They also have four days off now, I believe (next game is Wednesday, right?) which should help with some fatigue and maybe even get some players back.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:44 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
I thought they played well tonight and hung in with the Flyers pretty well all things considering. If they play that way the rest of the way, as opposed to the way they played against the Nucks, Flames, Bruins, and Oilers, then we may be OK.

I'm going to say this and probably be flamed for it, but I don't think Langs is really providing anything to this team. Even on the Morrow/Ribs line its still all Morrow Ribs, he's not contributing to it. He hasn't sparked the PP at all and he's just an overpaid 3rd liner atm. Unless he picks it up in the playoffs I'm not sure I agree with Joe trying to re-sign him.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:47 PM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

the stars didn't deserve to win this game and pinning the loss entirely on kari for two questionable goals is stupid. they got outshot 11-3 at the start of the third and didn't have a shot for 7 minutes to end the first . You should examine how no one else on the team did anything of note(let alone make several big saves) first before just throwing lehtonen under the bus.

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
I'm questioning if this team has enough gas to make it to the playoffs because they look bloody defeated to me.

I'm calling it right now. That 7-4 loss in Calgary is the turning point for Dallas. The wheels have already begun to fall off.
Chicken little much? Christ.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:11 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
I thought they played well tonight and hung in with the Flyers pretty well all things considering. If they play that way the rest of the way, as opposed to the way they played against the Nucks, Flames, Bruins, and Oilers, then we may be OK.

I'm going to say this and probably be flamed for it, but I don't think Langs is really providing anything to this team. Even on the Morrow/Ribs line its still all Morrow Ribs, he's not contributing to it. He hasn't sparked the PP at all and he's just an overpaid 3rd liner atm. Unless he picks it up in the playoffs I'm not sure I agree with Joe trying to re-sign him.
I'll drink to this. They may not have won, but they were showing some life and keeping up at key times. Obviously still need to clean up some things, but that's been the same all season even when winning games.

As for Langenbrunner, when he first came back it seemed to have a bit of a spark, but since its been kinda meh.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:15 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
I will say that Richards looks absolutely gassed though. His body's not keeping up with his mind at all. There was a point where his line in the offensive zone for a good 30 seconds and he didn't move off the halfwall at all watching the play. Really not sure what was going for there.

Four day break until the Yotes on Weds. Lots of time to review film and practice, and rest weary legs. Will they come out flat from not playing, or motivated and energized from the rest?

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote