HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings win 4-3 in the Shootout! Postgame Thoughts

Old
02-06-2011, 12:26 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Shaky third at times, though that one shift by Brown where he took on all five Flames was epic. Still, great win, we are back into the playoffs, have great momentum, and can rest for a few days before we go back on the road.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:28 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
LOL, so he lost a couple faceoffs. Everyone loses critical faceoffs. Stoll got worked on the critical faceoffs tonight.
Well if you want to be a number one centre, it would help that you wouldn't lose faceoffs that lead to goals.

You know? So we don't like hand a point to teams we are competing against for a playoff spot.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:29 AM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

Man, Iginla is such a class act, I'd love to have a guy like that on our team

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:30 AM
BamBam1031

Give JW his money.

BamBam1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Fangio

vCash: 50
welcome back Dustin Brown. He was slowly getting back into form over the last couple of games, then he finally gets on the score sheet tonight.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

AMAZING {for the moment} .... but ALL FIVE teams in the PACIFIC are in the TOP 8

WOAH ....

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
And only 5 points separates first from last in the Pacific.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:39 AM
WhereIsIt
#gift

vCash: 50
Great game tonight, always love seeing the Kings.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:39 AM
taz346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I liked Glen Healy's comment when Johnson shot in shootout... "Is anyone aware that Justin Williams has 3pts this game, and they throw in a dman"?
and when Williams finally shot, "finally someone realized after 8 shooters that Justin Williams has 3 pts this game"
Good call.
Yeah, TM took long enough to finally get Williams out there for the shoot-out.

taz346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:43 AM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Shaky third at times, though that one shift by Brown where he took on all five Flames was epic. Still, great win, we are back into the playoffs, have great momentum, and can rest for a few days before we go back on the road.
The one with all the bumps and pressure that ended with Brown turning it over by blindly throwing the puck in Handzus' direction instead of bearing down and completing a 15 foot pass?

Yeah, that was epic! Hopefully getting a lucky goal on a whiff and a mishandle can get the ball rolling for him again.

I think Kopitar is hurt. His shootout attempt looked like a guy with back spasms or an injured shoudler - something is wrong because he isn't getting any strength on the puck.

Mitchell and Greene were fantastic, but this was just an amazing effort by Williams. He was tracking down lose pucks and out battling Calgary all night.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I liked Glen Healy's comment when Johnson shot in shootout... "Is anyone aware that Justin Williams has 3pts this game, and they throw in a dman"?
and when Williams finally shot, "finally someone realized after 8 shooters that Justin Williams has 3 pts this game"
Good call.
All that tells me is that Healy knows nothing about the Kings. If he had done a speck of pre-game prep, he would know JJ has taken penalty shots all year.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
I think Kopitar is hurt. His shootout attempt looked like a guy with back spasms or an injured shoudler - something is wrong because he isn't getting any strength on the puck.
In the All-Star Game, he was in the hardest shot competition and had a decent result. It would be a shock if all of a sudden he has lost his strength on the puck in just a week's time, but I hear what you're saying.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:20 AM
AStammer7*

For A Former King,Healy Knows Little About Team!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
All that tells me is that Healy knows nothing about the Kings. If he had done a speck of pre-game prep, he would know JJ has taken penalty shots all year.
I was talking about that myself. Have never really been a Glenn Healy fan. The comment really salted it for me. The game was pretty good and Justin Williams could have had more points with a little bit of luck. A well deserved win for Kings in enemy terrritory...I especially love when the Kings beat the Flames since I'm a born-raised Calgarian...eat little droppings fans!!!

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:21 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Too bad we probably won't be in the Top 8 for long since the two teams directly below us play on Monday. Oh well.

Flames are a good team, but I think the Kings played a little wonky due to the crowd during the last half of the 3rd. Hopefully we can capitalize on the Penguins' injuries and get a huge W on Thursday.
Flames play Chicago on Monday. We're still in 8th as long as Chicago wins (even in OT/SO).

Wild play Avalanche on Wednesday. Still in 8th if the Lanche win.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:23 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
What a great end to a great day for me. Met and got pictures and autographs of my 3 favorite Kings, ended up at the game when I thought I'd be watching it in my dorm, got some free beers from my roommate since I took him for free, saw the Kings win and snap a few streaks, and had a blast at the game.

Couple notes.

The ****ing country music. I wanted to rip my ears off. It was cowboy night at the Saddledome so there were TONS of cowboy hats and country CDs given away from free. That dude who sings the song that goes "I fell down into a burning ring of fire...." sang between the 2nd and 3rd periods on a stage brought in on a semi. The Flames ice girls are HOT and tonight even hotter. Short shorts and flannel shirts? Yes please. There are also a TON of hot girls in Calgary and all of em seemed to be at the game.

OH.....and a note on Lokti. The dude is TINY. Apparently he bulked up this summer, which is scary to me because he is a twig.

cnshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:24 AM
s3machine*

Now that was ****ing awesome!

..on a ****tier note.. I lost track of how many times I yelled at the tv when Poni would lose the puck and or get it taken away.

How can someone so huge be so ****ing soft!? That has got to be the 9th wonder of the world.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Healy is a ****ing moron. My IQ drops everytime that idiot opens his mouth.
So what was moronic about what he said. Jack Johnson has 1 shootout goal this year. Also he always goes left side...Always...
Justin Williams had 3 pts and and it took the staff behind the bench 8 shooters to decide maybe we should get him in there..
According to Stats, we have only used 7 shooters this year. So... I wonder if the opposition know more about our shootout players than our actual coaching staff.
I love Johnson and his play this year is unreal and he is a threat on the shootout...He just has to break out the backhand once in a while... People are onto his forehand...
Still do not understand what was moronic about what he said...

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:36 AM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
What a great end to a great day for me. Met and got pictures and autographs of my 3 favorite Kings, ended up at the game when I thought I'd be watching it in my dorm, got some free beers from my roommate since I took him for free, saw the Kings win and snap a few streaks, and had a blast at the game.

Couple notes.

The ****ing country music. I wanted to rip my ears off. It was cowboy night at the Saddledome so there were TONS of cowboy hats and country CDs given away from free. That dude who sings the song that goes "I fell down into a burning ring of fire...." sang between the 2nd and 3rd periods on a stage brought in on a semi. The Flames ice girls are HOT and tonight even hotter. Short shorts and flannel shirts? Yes please. There are also a TON of hot girls in Calgary and all of em seemed to be at the game.

OH.....and a note on Lokti. The dude is TINY. Apparently he bulked up this summer, which is scary to me because he is a twig.
If it's the same Ring of Fire sung by Johnny Cash, it would be quite a feat if he sung it in Calgary tonight seeing as how he's dead and everything.

But yay! Flames lost! Go Kings!

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
And missed all but 1...
I love Johnson but Murray has to mix it up a bit more... The opposition do study this...especially the goaltenders...
Very glad we won though. Big W

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:45 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
If it's the same Ring of Fire sung by Johnny Cash, it would be quite a feat if he sung it in Calgary tonight seeing as how he's dead and everything.

But yay! Flames lost! Go Kings!
Meh. I don't care. The guy was apparently really famous. I hate country music.

cnshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:53 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Flames play Chicago on Monday. We're still in 8th as long as Chicago wins (even in OT/SO).

Wild play Avalanche on Wednesday. Still in 8th if the Lanche win.
If Chicago wins they move into eight because even though we'd have more overall wins, we also have more SO wins, and the new rule says SO wins don't count in the tiebreaker. But at least for a day we'll be in 8th, that's gotta be a good boost for the boys.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:05 AM
alpa

Wow! What the hell is going on with Kopi? His offense has become non existent. I can not remember when he had this kind of slump, 18 games without a goal if I'm not mistaking.

Last edited by alpa: 02-06-2011 at 10:03 AM.
alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Kings are going to be much more dangerous down the stretch if the PP comes to life.

2 PP goals in Edmonton, plus essentially two tonight because the Flames guy was not back in the play on Willie's goal.

PP goals and strong defense will be the ticket.

On to Pittsburgh, probably no Crosby and definitely no Malkin. Big break for the Kings, that is very much a winnable game.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:25 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

It was a LA love-in on the HNIC intermissions.. here's the 1st period intermission:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC.../ID=1782539820

And Justin Williams feature:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC.../ID=1782565268

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions

Last edited by TonySCV: 02-06-2011 at 02:30 AM.
TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It was a LA love-in on the HNIC intermissions.. here's the 1st period intermission:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC.../ID=1782539820

And Justin Williams feature:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC.../ID=1782565268
Remember last time the kings got some love? they ended up giving up 14 goals the next 2 games while STARTING the slump......js sayin'

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote