HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Playoff Push Avatars

View Poll Results: Playoff Push Slogan...
Do it for Craig 2 11.11%
Do it for Conroy 16 88.89%
other 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2011, 04:28 PM
  #51
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 50
I'm in, this one please.


FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:04 PM
  #52
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
sorry guys I'm really having no luck, I will try and come up with something else this weekend thats just a simple .jpg

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:32 PM
  #53
WhereIsIt
#gift
 
WhereIsIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 50
Yall can use mine in the meantime, its cool.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:34 PM
  #54
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i think I have too many frames, now that i've had some sleep I realized its 90kb still... perhaps the UserCP only uses the first frame on bigger ones? lol... I'm going to reduce the Frames and see what happens...

i will keep testing on my avatar and when its working I will complete the rest
Best I could do with my half-assed resize attempts is to get it down to 36kb, needs to be 20 or smaller.

Perhaps a smaller source image would work (it's only three frames). In fact, I'm sure it would. I'm just to lit to try it right now, maybe tomorrow.


Edit: I made it work.



Small though.


Last edited by Stewie Griffin: 02-05-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
  #55
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Best I could do with my half-assed resize attempts is to get it down to 36kb, needs to be 20 or smaller.

Perhaps a smaller source image would work (it's only three frames). In fact, I'm sure it would. I'm just to lit to try it right now, maybe tomorrow.


Edit: I made it work.



Small though.
i can get them to work in posts, just not as the avatar

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 09:54 PM
  #56
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i can get them to work in posts, just not as the avatar
<---------------------

For some reason I had to change it twice, but it works...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:48 PM
  #57
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
<---------------------

For some reason I had to change it twice, but it works...
weird... PM me or facebook me with instructions on what you did?... I'll send you something cool on cityville

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:50 PM
  #58
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
weird... PM me or facebook me with instructions on what you did?... I'll send you something cool on cityville
www.resize2mail.com

just played with resize options until it was < 20 kb Then put it on tinypic and linked to it. Voila.

Meh, didn't catch the "PM me" part... Oh well. You had to know with me it'd be a pretty low tech solution.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:48 AM
  #59
Codes
Registered User
 
Codes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Excellent!

Codes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:08 AM
  #60
Signature
Disreputable User
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,458
vCash: 50
While I was waiting for Luna to finish his, I tried and made my own as well, thought I'd share here:


Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:00 AM
  #61
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
While I was waiting for Luna to finish his, I tried and made my own as well, thought I'd share here:

ok yours is better

wanna take over?

or send me templates lol

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
  #62
Signature
Disreputable User
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,458
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
ok yours is better

wanna take over?

or send me templates lol
Nah, not better LOL I have a basic understanding of Photoshop is all... By no means am I great at this, I just learned really quick.. had to Google "How to make Animated GIFs in Photoshop" and there was a really good quick tutorial.

Your template can use any Connie photo, mine can only use the one where he is holding the news paper to tie it together, so yours is 100% more versatile..
Mine already clocks out at 19.4 kb, very frustrating... can't add anything to it I think now.

Some advice -
Instead of using that resizing website, if you use Photoshop, you can just use the "Image Resize" under "Image", and it will resize all panels of the animated GIF for you - my GIF isn't even 125x125, it's only 115x115, but at least using it you can size down pixel by pixel and re-save the image to make it work..

Had fun and made another, but it's more for my own amusement and username... hope everyone gets the joke:


Last edited by Signature: 02-06-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
  #63
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I propose the following...

"Do it for Craig" for a playoff push Avatar

I'm willing to make something simple, however if someone wants to make something nicer feel free... I am willing to learn something new for this too... I was thinking of learning to make a .gif and having the following... "Do it for Craig" (or Conroy, will add a poll) in a simple text, then a user choice for a photo of Conroy, then our logo with the text "Playoff Push 2011"


edit: poll closes Valentines day we can discuss it amonst ourselves until then

edit 2: the slogan in the polls should now be Win it and not Do it, if a mod can edit it that it would be appreciated

edit 3: list of people who are down...
  • Lunatik
  • Stewie Griffin
  • Pacem
  • Artysmith
  • Flames Fanatic
  • Gelinas? - are you in?
  • Hot Conroy
  • Feel The Heat
  • CoRD? - are you in?
  • Saint Morose
  • Superhakan
  • MVW
  • Codes
  • Flames123
  • Xelstyle
  • Rezim
  • MOOPula
  • Kotalik Fanboy
  • tmurfin
  • Cyrus
  • HighLifeMan
list updated 12:00am, Feb. 5th

am I missing anyone?
I am in

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
  #64
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Glad some here are good at photoshop.... I totally suck at that stuff

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
  #65
Grannys
Registered User
 
Grannys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, UK
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
im down!

This picture:

Count me in please

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
  #66
BearChi
Registered User
 
BearChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
I'm down,this photo please



Last edited by BearChi: 02-06-2011 at 01:35 PM.
BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:40 PM
  #67
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Hey how do you post images here.... has to be a url not a file?

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:14 PM
  #68
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy
 
Janko Unchained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 240
If you want to post a file online you'll have to use an image hosting site like photobucket or imageshack.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:32 PM
  #69
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
OK I will go with this photo.



http://img687.imageshack.us/i/conroy.jpg/


Last edited by GoFlames: 02-06-2011 at 10:04 PM.
GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:33 PM
  #70
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezim View Post
If you want to post a file online you'll have to use an image hosting site like photobucket or imageshack.
Thanks

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:35 PM
  #71
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Nah, not better LOL I have a basic understanding of Photoshop is all... By no means am I great at this, I just learned really quick.. had to Google "How to make Animated GIFs in Photoshop" and there was a really good quick tutorial.

Your template can use any Connie photo, mine can only use the one where he is holding the news paper to tie it together, so yours is 100% more versatile..
Mine already clocks out at 19.4 kb, very frustrating... can't add anything to it I think now.

Some advice -
Instead of using that resizing website, if you use Photoshop, you can just use the "Image Resize" under "Image", and it will resize all panels of the animated GIF for you - my GIF isn't even 125x125, it's only 115x115, but at least using it you can size down pixel by pixel and re-save the image to make it work..

Had fun and made another, but it's more for my own amusement and username... hope everyone gets the joke:
what version of photoshop? and i'm not that good, just enjoy screwing around... anything i've learned has been through ****ing around, i've never even looked at a tutorial or read anything about photoshop before

oh and i did my sizing in photoshop, just didn't do the .gif on there... made the panles/frames into .jogs and used the site to put em together... but i will try this out... and yours is better

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:42 PM
  #72
Signature
Disreputable User
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,458
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
what version of photoshop? and i'm not that good, just enjoy screwing around... anything i've learned has been through ****ing around, i've never even looked at a tutorial or read anything about photoshop before

oh and i did my sizing in photoshop, just didn't do the .gif on there... made the panles/frames into .jogs and used the site to put em together... but i will try this out... and yours is better
I like to keep up with technology, I use Photoshop to screw around but nothing serious... but having the newest stuff is always fun, so it's Creative Suite 5.

Oh, here's the website I used too:
http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/bu...-in-photoshop/

I don't know if it's the best way to make them, but you know, it works so far, so no complaints here.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
  #73
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 1200
Yeah, my biggest issue is getting the image size under 20 kb. Best I can do is with a picture of 90px by 90px, however I readily admit the level of technology at my disposal is... low. (MS Paint & Powerpoint to make my current avatar) and an online compiler to make the animation.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
  #74
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars
 
DouglasQuaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
I'm in for sure... Now to find a picture

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
  #75
Snoil11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
I am in. If you don't mind, I would like to use my current avatar picture for it, but since you use the same, let me know, if you preferred different pics for every user.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.