HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2011, 08:58 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Anyone just listen to Cherry countering what Eric Francis said in the 2nd intermission on CBC about what Ference said regarding the Paille hit? Don Cherry as quite the ego is all I have to say...

Old
02-05-2011, 09:01 PM
le_sean

Of course the Canes and Thrashers game had to be a 3 pointer with the Canes winning.

Old
02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Anyone just listen to Cherry countering what Eric Francis said in the 2nd intermission on CBC about what Ference said regarding the Paille hit? Don Cherry as quite the ego is all I have to say...
he's ridiculous

he calls out Ference for talking against a teammate but praises Rosehill for talking against Kulemin

Old
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Pretty sure Poulin did a Price thing.

Old
02-05-2011, 09:34 PM
coolasprICE

Sergei Kostistyn absolutely destroying it

Old
02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Sergei Kostistyn absolutely destroying it
And how good would he look on our PP, PK and 2nd line?

Horrendous deal. The kid always was a player with a lot of talent. Just needed to be managed properly.

Old
02-05-2011, 09:50 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
What did he say?

Old
02-05-2011, 10:02 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Paille suspended for four games, for hit on Sawada.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352379

The league, if it isn't known already, is a complete joke. Savard gets taken out by Cooke with a vicious head-shot, and nothing. Yet Paille receives four. People declaring it was a blind-side hit need to get their eyes checked. Paille was in a spot where Sawada could see him. Cooke was coming in the opposite direction to which Savard was facing. Furthermore, I see shoulder hitting shoulder. Any injuries suffered to Sawada's nose was caused by his own shoulder hitting him in the face, from the impact of the hit itself.

I can't believe it, I'm actually disgusted by this decision.
But 4 games is also a joke, u can miss 4 games for having a flu.. who cares. the penalty should be more severe.

Old
02-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And how good would he look on our PP, PK and 2nd line?

Horrendous deal. The kid always was a player with a lot of talent. Just needed to be managed properly.
with the depth they have on the wings in Nashville it was a given he would bounce back, regardless of his 'management'.

Old
02-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Okay... let's see if I have tonight's shutout round up straight here:

Habs win - shutout. (not "Out of Town")
Bruins lose - in a shutout.
Saku gets an assist, Ducks win - in a shutout.
S.Kost gets 2 goals, Preds win - in a shutout.
Tom Pyatt's brother gets the only goal in - a Coyotes' shutout.

Did I miss anything?

Old
02-05-2011, 11:11 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Okay... let's see if I have tonight's shutout round up straight here:

Habs win - shutout. (not "Out of Town")
Bruins lose - in a shutout.
Saku gets an assist, Ducks win - in a shutout.
S.Kost gets 2 goals, Preds win - in a shutout.
Tom Pyatt's brother gets the only goal in - a Coyotes' shutout.

Did I miss anything?
my gf is on the rag, I'm shutout

Old
02-06-2011, 06:54 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Sens lose 9 in a row ! How the **** is it that Clouston and Murray still have their jobs ? What a farce that franchise is. Seems to me it wasn't that long ago, they were one of the toughest teams for us to beat. Eugene Melnyk gets a golden star !

Old
02-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
my gf is on the rag, I'm shutout
Haha, damn. Guess that counts too.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Haha, damn. Guess that counts too.
No it doesn't count.
Habs beat the Rags. This poor guy lost to the rag.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Andy

Sergei tearing it up and now the same people who wanted him out and were on his case forever are the same ones crying for him back(not you WTK, I know you've always defended him).

Honestly I became tired of fighting for the Kostitsyns against their bashers. The same will happen to Andrei. I just can't believe how stupid some fans are and I can't believe how Martin just refused to put any effort into managing Sergei. I don't blame the trade on management as much as I blame it on the big eared stubborn piece of ****.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:40 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Sergei tearing it up and now the same people who wanted him out and were on his case forever are the same ones crying for him back(not you WTK, I know you've always defended him).

Honestly I became tired of fighting for the Kostitsyns against their bashers. The same will happen to Andrei. I just can't believe how stupid some fans are and I can't believe how Martin just refused to put any effort into managing Sergei. I don't blame the trade on management as much as I blame it on the big eared stubborn piece of ****.
How can people compared the two brothers baffles me. Except for their names, they are nothing alike.

Sergei was always a fierce competitor, someone who took **** from nobody... with a pretty big ego. That's why he took the demotions badly. He was pissed at management and wanted explanations, which he never had. Because of that, he made stupid, immature decisions. But if management actually took notice of his personnality, they could have developped him properly and we would be the benefactors of his good play.

Andrei on the other end is quieter, not aggressive for one bit... more in the Kovalev mold. He struggles more with his confidence and takes it more as a personnal failure than "because of the others". Andrei's biggest problem is on the ice, not outside the rink. I don't think we would see a total turn around in Andrei's case if he leaves Mtl.

Except for their names, the two brothers have pretty much nothing in common in term of personnalities and on-ice play.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
How can people compared the two brothers baffles me. Except for their names, they are nothing alike.

Sergei was always a fierce competitor, someone who took **** from nobody... with a pretty big ego. That's why he took the demotions badly. He was pissed at management and wanted explanations, which he never had. Because of that, he made stupid, immature decisions. But if management actually took notice of his personnality, they could have developped him properly and we would be the benefactors of his good play.

Andrei on the other end is quieter, not aggressive for one bit... more in the Kovalev mold. He struggles more with his confidence and takes it more as a personnal failure than "because of the others". Andrei's biggest problem is on the ice, not outside the rink. I don't think we would see a total turn around in Andrei's case if he leaves Mtl.

Except for their names, the two brothers have pretty much nothing in common in term of personnalities and on-ice play.

Andrei is a much harder worker than Kovalev. Andrei obviously has confidence issues and when the coach doesn't believe in him, he doesn't believe in himself, he second guesses his plays when he gets into those spells. Andrei plays best when he plays off instinct, but that only happens when he has confidence.

Also despite getting no PP time over last 2 months Andrei is still 3rd among forwards in points. Once Andrei leaves he will do significantly better than he did here, just like the rest.

When Andrei, Sergei and Grabovski played for the habs. Andrei was the best of three. Now that Andrei is the only one left, he's the worst of the three.

It'll be the samething over and over again and the fans will cry as to why we got rid of them. Too many people here don't think with their own heads and get influenced like children by the media.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:48 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Andrei is a much harder worker than Kovalev. Andrei obviously has confidence issues and when the coach doesn't believe in him, he doesn't believe in himself, he second guesses his plays when he gets into those spells. Andrei plays best when he plays off instinct, but that only happens when he has confidence.

Also despite getting no PP time over last 2 months Andrei is still 3rd among forwards in points. Once Andrei leaves he will do significantly better than he did here, just like the rest.

When Andrei, Sergei and Grabovski played for the habs. Andrei was the best of three. Now that Andrei is the only one left, he's the worst of the three.

It'll be the samething over and over again and the fans will cry as to why we got rid of them. Too many people here don't think with their own heads and get influenced like children by the media.
Bold part = Pathetic...

You didn't answer the principal argument of my post. How can you compared the situations of 2 very different players ?

Old
02-06-2011, 10:11 AM
JayBee*

Quote:

Sergei was mismanaged....what a shock.

Old
02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Sergei was mismanaged....what a shock.
I blame it mostly on Martin and the media for further negative perceptions of Sergei which just completely put him out of favor with habs fans. Martin came in with pre-concieved notions of Sergei managed him according to those and was over the top with his "discipline". Martin forced management with a crappy hand.

Old
02-06-2011, 10:18 AM
GoodKiwi

Hopefully Andrei will join his brother in Nashville next season.

Old
02-06-2011, 10:21 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
I blame it mostly on Martin and the media for further negative perceptions of Sergei which just completely put him out of favor with habs fans. Martin came in with pre-concieved notions of Sergei managed him according to those and was over the top with his "discipline". Martin forced management with a crappy hand.
I don't believe this entirely. PG is still the GM of this team. He can talk to Martin and tell him he's a part of the future, ect. Martin mis handled other players that weren't shipped out of town at first chance. I think PG had enough of the kid too.

I'm glad he's doing well, but he wasn't doing it here, same as Lats. I don't mind him being moved tbh. Little early to give up on youth, but I really thought it would have a positive effect on Andrei, not really sure that was the case, but it was something I had hoped for.

Old
02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
It just annoys me how the Habs don't like to work with certain players. They'd rather just rid themselves of them. Sergei had an ego...but he was good, he was seeing guys worse than him getting a shot so I understand why he was pissed. That issue could have been worked out. I think if Sergei was traded for a player with equal talent, then there wouldn't be as much of a stink (Latendresse-Pouillot)...but he was pretty much given away.

Old
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
It just annoys me how the Habs don't like to work with certain players. They'd rather just rid themselves of them. Sergei had an ego...but he was good, he was seeing guys worse than him getting a shot so I understand why he was pissed. That issue could have been worked out. I think if Sergei was traded for a player with equal talent, then there wouldn't be as much of a stink (Latendresse-Pouillot)...but he was pretty much given away.
I wonder if PG tried to deal with Chicago? Kane liked SK and maybe we could of gotten more from them. The problem was SK created so much flak that he had almost no value even with his skills.

Old
02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Forsberg makes it official; he'll sign with the Avs!

I'm excited to see how it works out. Always loved Foppa. Best of luck to him.

Closed Thread