HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

New York Rangers - Florida Panthers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2011, 08:00 AM
  #1
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,938
vCash: 50
New York Rangers - Florida Panthers

At the deadline:

To NYR:

Bryan McCabe
2011 4th Round Pick

To FLA:

Matt Gilroy
2011 2nd Round Pick(Conditional; Rangers make it past round 1. Otherwise, WSH's 2nd)

Rangers need a veteran powerplay quarterback, and McCabe fits the bill. Florida gets back a 2nd round to help with their rebuild. They also get Gilroy, who doesn't really fit in with the Rangers after this year, considering his 2.1 mil qualifying offer, and would probably get more ice-time in Florida. He's still young and could develop into a solid #4/5 type guy, he's been playing like that for the past few weeks.

Thoughts? Too much? Too little?

__________________
Soon.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 02-06-2011 at 08:11 AM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:17 AM
  #2
wereback
Registered User
 
wereback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
At the deadline:

To NYR:

Bryan McCabe
2011 4th Round Pick

To FLA:

Matt Gilroy
2011 2nd Round Pick(Conditional; Rangers make it past round 1. Otherwise, WSH's 2nd)

Rangers need a veteran powerplay quarterback, and McCabe fits the bill. Florida gets back a 2nd round to help with their rebuild. They also get Gilroy, who doesn't really fit in with the Rangers after this year, considering his 2.1 mil qualifying offer, and would probably get more ice-time in Florida. He's still young and could develop into a solid #4/5 type guy, he's been playing like that for the past few weeks.

Thoughts? Too much? Too little?
PASS....cant believe how many NYR fans are starting to jump off the bandwagon because of a 4 game losing streak....we win and lose with the youth of this team. WE DO NOT NEED McCabe or any other overprised D......the PP will be fine.

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:19 AM
  #3
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,938
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
PASS....cant believe how many NYR fans are starting to jump off the bandwagon because of a 4 game losing streak....we win and lose with the youth of this team. WE DO NOT NEED McCabe or any other overprised D......the PP will be fine.
I'm not jumping off the bandwagon...I was never on a "bandwagon" to begin with.

You absolutely cannot deny that the powerplay has been horrendous. We don't have a single bomb from the point, and Del Zotto has struggled mightily. McCabe would provide a veteran presence to help Del Zotto with his struggles, and he's a UFA after this year, so it's not like the cap hit would hurt us.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:21 AM
  #4
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Apparently the Rangers already scouted McCabe and weren't impressed.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
  #5
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Apparently the Rangers already scouted McCabe and weren't impressed.
That's funny, cause, neither was I.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:07 AM
  #6
Gudbranson44
#44
 
Gudbranson44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
At the deadline:

To NYR:

Bryan McCabe
2011 4th Round Pick

To FLA:

Matt Gilroy
2011 2nd Round Pick(Conditional; Rangers make it past round 1. Otherwise, WSH's 2nd)

Rangers need a veteran powerplay quarterback, and McCabe fits the bill. Florida gets back a 2nd round to help with their rebuild. They also get Gilroy, who doesn't really fit in with the Rangers after this year, considering his 2.1 mil qualifying offer, and would probably get more ice-time in Florida. He's still young and could develop into a solid #4/5 type guy, he's been playing like that for the past few weeks.

Thoughts? Too much? Too little?
on behalf of florida i would pass. dont think we should have to give up our captain and a pick for a second rd pick and a meeeh player

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:24 AM
  #7
wereback
Registered User
 
wereback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
isn't McCabe out for a month with a broken finger/jaw? i could be wrong.

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:03 AM
  #8
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Waste of a second round pick. No from the Rangers. Just wait till next year, don't waste 2nds on pointless rentals.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:04 PM
  #9
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,672
vCash: 500
I would do Gilroy, 3rd rounder for McCabe

he has been hurt, is expensie and a UFA. I think FLA moves him for sure

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
  #10
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Waste of a second round pick. No from the Rangers. Just wait till next year, don't waste 2nds on pointless rentals.
I see ur pt but when they traded a 2nd for Antropov were they a better team then now?

They have to make the playoffs

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
  #11
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Waste of a second round pick. No from the Rangers. Just wait till next year, don't waste 2nds on pointless rentals.
Indeed. Antropov says hello.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:20 PM
  #12
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 7,009
vCash: 500
Florida passes.

No need for another defenseman if McCabe is traded.

Unless we ship off Allen too, we already got a replacement for McCabe in Ellerby.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:24 PM
  #13
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
PASS....cant believe how many NYR fans are starting to jump off the bandwagon because of a 4 game losing streak....we win and lose with the youth of this team. WE DO NOT NEED McCabe or any other overprised D......the PP will be fine.
Are you kidding? This team's power play has been horrendous since the 06-07 season, which was Jagr's last good year as a Ranger.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
  #14
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I see ur pt but when they traded a 2nd for Antropov were they a better team then now?

They have to make the playoffs
What's your point? They shouldn't have traded a 2nd for Antropov, and they definitely shouldn't trade a 2nd for an even worse, more useless player.

I'm not sure why they "have" to make the playoffs. It'd be nice, sure, but if Bryan McCabe is the difference between this team making the playoffs or not, then no, we definitely don't have to make the playoffs, because that would mean this team isn't very good.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:33 PM
  #15
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
What's your point? They shouldn't have traded a 2nd for Antropov, and they definitely shouldn't trade a 2nd for an even worse, more useless player.

I'm not sure why they "have" to make the playoffs. It'd be nice, sure, but if Bryan McCabe is the difference between this team making the playoffs or not, then no, we definitely don't have to make the playoffs, because that would mean this team isn't very good.
the point is that is the price you pay for a rental at the deadline, Moore, Kotalik,etc. got a 2nd for crying out loud......picks ar thrown around like that for various rentals....Sather is not going to sit on his arse and let the teams PP suck, he's going to TRY and make it better.

The were the better team on Sunday but they lost on the PP

Yea I would like to keep the 2nd but I also want them to TRY and win. Do I expect them to win the cup no but I also watched The HABS make the finals and they were the 8th seed

Would you trade Sanguinetti for McCabe cause they hae two 2nds and one is from that deal and the other pick in that deal is Fasth who looks like a player

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
  #16
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I see ur pt but when they traded a 2nd for Antropov were they a better team then now?

They have to make the playoffs
We don't have to make the playoffs. We are not contending for the Cup this season. While missing the playoffs would royally suck, it is not a necessity.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:45 PM
  #17
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
the point is that is the price you pay for a rental at the deadline, Moore, Kotalik,etc. got a 2nd for crying out loud......picks ar thrown around like that for various rentals....Sather is not going to sit on his arse and let the teams PP suck, he's going to TRY and make it better.

The were the better team on Sunday but they lost on the PP
Picks are thrown around by desperate teams with desperate GMs who have their jobs on the line. That doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do.

Quote:
Yea I would like to keep the 2nd but I also want them to TRY and win. Do I expect them to win the cup no but I also watched The HABS make the finals and they were the 8th seed
They didn't make the finals. They made the conference finals, and they lost. And look where that got them. Right back to a likely low seed in the conference.

Quote:
Would you trade Sanguinetti for McCabe cause they hae two 2nds and one is from that deal and the other pick in that deal is Fasth who looks like a player
No, I wouldn't trade anything for McCabe. The only reason for a team like the Rangers to trade for rentals is a cup run. Why even give up a low round pick for a crappy one-dimensional player like McCabe?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:19 PM
  #18
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Honestly the only person worth trading anything for is Brad Richards.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.