HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Lee Sweatt assigned to Manitoba Moose

Old
02-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 View Post

If his contract is for only one year, I'm hoping Sweatt doesn't get offer-sheeted at a price Gillis can't afford with all the big contracts on board.
I'd be more worried about Sweatt deciding to head back to Europe (not that I think that will happen, but that's more likely than him being offer sheeted).

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 11:04 PM
alternate

Him being an RFA is good news! I had been under the impression he was UFA at the end of the season, so I was beginning to think we should trade him. Not so much anymore.

alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Ernie

Sweatt still has two years before he's a UFA.

However, he's only got one more season or 60 NHL games before he's waiver eligible.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:10 AM
The Optimist

vCash: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post

Bolduc also, IMO, should be Manitoba bound. He needs to clear waivers, but Hodgson has looked a lot better than he did in his limited time in the fourth center role.
I hope they give Oreskovich a shot now that he's back from injury. Could find a home on the fourth line.

So many players, so little room (cap-wise and roster-wise).

The Optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:31 AM

If these sojourns in the show are as merit-based as advertised, Billy Sweatt, by all accounts, should be getting his Robson Street latte pretty soon.

701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Wetcoaster

Per Ben Kuzma - Lee Sweatt was pleased with his call-up:

"It was great and continues to be great and this was an unbelievable opportunity," said the diminutive Sweatt, who scored his first career NHL goal in his first game and on his first shot which stood as the winner in a 2-1 decision over Nashville on Jan. 26. "I felt comfortable out there as the games progressed and I'm ready to step in whenever. I have that confidence and it's something that I'm very fortunate to have.

"I knew the writing was on the wall, but it's been a dream come true because a lot of people throughout my career said I would never amount to anything."
http://communities.canada.com/thepro...ose-plans.aspx

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:10 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Very happy for Sweatt, even just to see him make it in spite of his size for which he's undoubtedly faced a lot of criticism for throughout his hockey career. Rudy indeed!

IMO he should've been given more of an opportunity on the PP - it's what he was known for as well in Finland, as well as a big shot.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:23 AM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Great hearing these unknowns coming from being relatively unknown and making it, like Burrows did.

raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Placebo Effect

Apparently Lee has a broken foot (from Ian Walker). He's in Vancouver for further evaluation while the Moose are on a road trip.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 View Post
Thanks for clarifying that, both to you and KDizzle.

If his contract is for only one year, I'm hoping Sweatt doesn't get offer-sheeted at a price Gillis can't afford with all the big contracts on board.
Would be sincerely shocked is Sweatt was offer-sheeted
Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post
Apparently Lee has a broken foot (from Ian Walker). He's in Vancouver for further evaluation while the Moose are on a road trip.
Two dmen and Burrows took hard shots off the feet in practice yesterday. One of them was hard enough for the player to yell ***** and drop to the ice.. Though Sweatt looked all smiles when he left Rogers Arena on time..

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
I'm a little disappointed. Yes, Tanev is playing better hockey, IMO, and yes, Rome had a great comeback game, detractors aside, and yes, it doesn't make sense for a guy like Sweatt to sit in the press box, and yes, he may or may not be injured...but with Edler out and Salo still not back yet, we seem to be lacking alot of weapons on the back end, at least compared to usual. I guess Samuelsson will be playing the point a little longer, which isn't a bad thing, but would have been nice to keep Sweatt with the big club a little longer.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Placebo Effect

Kuzma says the injury happened in practice. Sweatt can't be reassigned so he remains on the roster and gets to keep making his NHL salary.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:06 PM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Kuzma says the injury happened in practice. Sweatt can't be reassigned so he remains on the roster and gets to keep making his NHL salary.
Pfft. He was probably jumping in front of shots trying to get injured. Sneaky *******.

BloatedGuppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:29 PM
hackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I'm a little disappointed. Yes, Tanev is playing better hockey, IMO, and yes, Rome had a great comeback game, detractors aside, and yes, it doesn't make sense for a guy like Sweatt to sit in the press box, and yes, he may or may not be injured...but with Edler out and Salo still not back yet, we seem to be lacking alot of weapons on the back end, at least compared to usual. I guess Samuelsson will be playing the point a little longer, which isn't a bad thing, but would have been nice to keep Sweatt with the big club a little longer.
Alberts is ready to step back in..
And they would obviously prefer AA over Sweatt

He's10inches taller than him for starters...

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:57 PM
HANSENISBEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Rome plays one of his worst games of the year, and gets rewarded once again.

Can't believe he got a two year contract.
With all due respect, Rome at times, was playing excellent hockey last year for his price and position on the depth charts. Obviously, with his injury this year, he doesn't look as good, although he didn't exactly light the world on fire with his performance earlier in the season. PP?

HANSENISBEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:57 AM
Donky

Quote:
Best injury ever!

Donky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:54 PM
David71

sweatt out 6-8weeks.

David71 is online now   Reply With Quote