HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No thread yet? NJ put everyone to sleep.

Old
02-06-2011, 05:48 PM
curtisl1982

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Devils always beat us, no surprise. They have our number.
So this is how it feels....they have our number like we have the Bruins...Look on the bright side, we only face them 4 times a year, while we face the Ruins 6.

curtisl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:48 PM
HabsIn7

Hope I did that right. Missing an empty net does happen

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
googlymoogly

Now watch the NHL put the same refs in the Boston game against Montreal. They'll make calls against Gomez every chance they get just to show don't mess with them.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
Justin St-Pierre + Montreal = 1 pp opportunity for the habs
1 too many, I guess.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
It's funny watching Kovalchuk be so happy with his empty net goal, I wonder if his teammates like him?
I thought his danny-briere celly on the redirect was amusing. He didn't even know where the puck was when it bounces off of him

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheGoalJudge

Brodeur only needs 1 period to beat us now.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yesterday. I said to my friend, after winning against the Rags, that today's game would be a no show for the refs where no hooking, tripping or interference call would be whistled, and where the only PPs the Habs would get would be on a highstick or too many men. I wasn't far off.

When something like this becomes so predictable, there is a definite problem, a corruption somewhere in the system.

But we live in a society that believes in the fairytale economic system of eternal debt and fractional reserve central banking with compounded interests with fictional money created out of thin air and created as debt, so I'm not at all surprised as to how many people buy the party line.

Money does grow on trees, and NHL refs are helping the league control it's business and help hockey in the states.
I am drinking that kool-aid brother. There is an agenda everywhere.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Refs were garbage.
Garbage? Where to find better refs?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
xduckiex

I'm glad Gomez let St. Pierre hear it. And I'm also glad it was at the end that he got tossed and we weren't at a disadvantage

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
He got benched.
Thanks.

I was wondering if it was an injury, i did not saw him on the bench too.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
goman

Habs did a pretty good job of working through the trap and getting pressure in the zone but obviously are having trouble scoring.

I was very happy to see Poulliot up with Pleks and Kostitsyn but thought he looked a step behind both of them. I don't know if I've seen them together so maybe it's just a matter of getting a chance to play for a while and learn how to play together.

Also like that that left Pacioretty with Gionta and Gomez. Like that trio together.

Eller didn't look great. He seemed just a step behind and that's generally how I've viewed him over the season. I'm excited for his future though because he has great size and seems to have very good skills. Hopefully, they're patient.

Picard also seems to look ok but also always seems to make his partner play worse.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 283
Last time

The refing in today's game reminded me of game 4 in the second round of the 2010 playoffs and a read this article about a game in 2003
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2003/...ils030107.html

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:59 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Yesterday. I said to my friend, after winning against the Rags, that today's game would be a no show for the refs where no hooking, tripping or interference call would be whistled, and where the only PPs the Habs would get would be on a highstick or too many men. I wasn't far off.

When something like this becomes so predictable, there is a definite problem, a corruption somewhere in the system.

But we live in a society that believes in the fairytale economic system of eternal debt and fractional reserve central banking with compounded interests with fictional money created out of thin air and created as debt, so I'm not at all surprised as to how many people buy the party line.

Money does grow on trees, and NHL refs are helping the league control it's business and help hockey in the states.

In all seriousness I agree with you, the pic was too tempting though. The world appears to be falling apart at the seams.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:00 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

In all seriousness I agree with you, the pic was too tempting though. The world appears to be falling apart at the seams.
Can someone put Gomez under the tin foil hat

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I am drinking that kool-aid brother. There is an agenda everywhere.
Yeah, you're right, people don't lie and cheat for more money.

It's never been a constant in our society.

Instead of condescending me, open a book, read-up instead of being spoonfed your daily dose of (in) formation.

It's hilarious to see the typical triggered reactions that these subjects bring. People are well trained at denial

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Well we saw the real nature of Pouliot tonight, a soft player who needs to fill his frame..

Gomez makes me cry.. we were due to lose one and the devils were just more hungry..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:06 PM
JSBach

Lol kinda funny when you think of who won the Cup that year. But yeah, bad officiating today.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:07 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:

Highsticking was even a no go.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Did anyone expect a win?

4th game this week against a team that has had our number and is on a roll.

I didn't watch the game but lets move on and get ready for the big game against the Bruins. Win and we tie.

Devils are a much better team with Lemaire, they beat the Rangers and Flyers on the road as well in the past 2 weeks.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
OK, I wasn't able to watch this one but am I really the only one not actually angry that we lost? I can't bring myself to dislike the Devils. I don't know many of their fans but they've never struck me as irritating like Flyers or Hawks bandwagoners. And this is a team that is clawing it's way out of the cellar, I can't hate on them when their fanbase has had to eat humble pie all season. I wish we'd BEAT THEM when they come to the Bell Center once in awhile, but this isn't a team that infuriates me like many others do.

Again though, I wasn't able to watch so I can't comment on the reffing or the supposed "trap" play (really, we're calling others out on playing the trap? REALLY?) but it's just a loss. Let's chill and move on to the next game.

eli J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Dead

Looks like even Lou fell asleep in the press box.. LOL

Do me a favor keep killing the sabres, carolina, pens, and rags, trashers, washington all season

Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
JSBach

4 games in 6 days, I had a feeling this wasn't gonna be pretty.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Well we saw the real nature of Pouliot tonight, a soft player who needs to fill his frame..

Gomez makes me cry.. we were due to lose one and the devils were just more hungry..
I don't think it had anuything to do with hunger. They got the breaks tonight. First goal Zubrus should ahve been sitting in the box with us on the PP instead of celebrating a goal. the second one was off Kovalchuk's shaft, it's the sort of thing that happenens every 90 or 100 shots. Even the Zajack goal there was a scrum in front and suddenlt he's all alone with the puck. Meanwhile at the other end we miss a bunch of good chances.

Just one of those games...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:17 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
4 games in 6 days, I had a feeling this wasn't gonna be pretty.
it was 4 in 6.

I walked in and saw it was 2-0 jersey so I left and didn't watch the game. lol im a loyal guy but when its early deficit vs Jersey, I'd just get way to frustrated if I stay and watch the whole game.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:22 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 283
If I was coach after the nom call on the gomez and Hedberg I would have fliping on the bench

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote