HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

DET @ NSH 7:00PM 'There's attack mode.'

Old
02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
cleangene

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Dierks plays hockey on at least two teams locally and lives in Nashville. Cooper doesn't play hockey and is born in Detroit. I'll take an Alice Cooper performance at last night's game as a change of pace, but I'm keeping Bentley for the long-haul...
Amen, and kudos as always to VINCE. I loved the billboard for the Hall of Fame that used to be just off the Broadway exit from 40 W; there's Keith Urban singing with Mr. Gill, who sports the PREDS 3rd on stage!! Btw, are we ever going to hear the Anthem sung by anyone we've heard of at any game this season?? The folks who have been singing have done a GREAT job, (especially Dennis Morgan) but can't the front office line up at least 1 "noteable" for a packed Saturday night National Anthem??

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Amen, and kudos as always to VINCE. I loved the billboard for the Hall of Fame that used to be just off the Broadway exit from 40 W; there's Keith Urban singing with Mr. Gill, who sports the PREDS 3rd on stage!! Btw, are we ever going to hear the Anthem sung by anyone we've heard of at any game this season?? The folks who have been singing have done a GREAT job, (especially Dennis Morgan) but can't the front office line up at least 1 "noteable" for a packed Saturday night National Anthem??
Lee Greenwood is singing the anthem tomorrow for Military Monday...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:29 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Abdelkader wouldn't fight Weber earlier when he ran Rinne and stayed far away from O'Brien. That ENTIRE shift Wilson was crosschecking him and wanted him to go and finally had to essentially pull off his gloves. Then when they took off the helmets Abdelkader skated farther and farther away. I wouldnt be surprised if the sissy told the refs to intervene.
Here's a quote from the Wings board. I thought it was pretty funny in regards to the "almost fight".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Abs looked like he wanted to go, and he proceeded to act as if he was in a backwards skating contest.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Adz

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/d...5&view=excerpt

Interesting. Alice Cooper's mom is/was from Tennessee. Anyone ever heard of a place called Glenmary? Says it's a whistlestop and not on the map. My first thought was East TN from the moonshining reference, but I guess it could be anywhere.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:24 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Glenmary%2C+TN

There ya go.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:26 PM
deanwormer

Glenmary is on parallel with Hendersonville, about halfway between cookeville and knoxville. right below Danielle Boone Nat'l Forest. So, yah, pretty much a whistle stop.......

deanwormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:27 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Klein's mistakes? Did you watch the game? Not sure I could pick ANY Dman that didn't make a mistake at least once, and I'm pretty sure there were plenty of nice plays made by ALL the Dmen, including Klein.
yes I did watch the game. I watch every game possible because I am a huge fan.Well if you couldn't see it then maybe you could hear Terry Crisp point specifically about a dead giveaway. Are you questioning Terry Crisp he mentioned the backward silly passes before it happen and then he reinterated the point during the play and afterwards because the wings broke into the zone two on one but they lost the puck. There was a lot nice plays by the defenseman the obvious ones you notice. SOB played like a beast. I'm glad he's on our side.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:46 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
yes I did watch the game. I watch every game possible because I am a huge fan.Well if you couldn't see it then maybe you could hear Terry Crisp point specifically about a dead giveaway. Are you questioning Terry Crisp he mentioned the backward silly passes before it happen and then he reinterated the point during the play and afterwards because the wings broke into the zone two on one but they lost the puck. There was a lot nice plays by the defenseman the obvious ones you notice. SOB played like a beast. I'm glad he's on our side.
He is also noted that many of our forwards weren't getting the puck deep enough into the offensive zone which would cause counter attacks by a very good offensive team. Sure, Klein made a bad play, I know the one you're talking about. If it were a mistake that led to a goal you'd have a very good point. Fortunately for us, no mistake resulted in a goal against and there were quite a few on our end.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Great win loosing streak over....now maybe the trend is up. Rinne another great job and that SK goal was something. You felt after that goal we weren't going to loose. SOB was a beast. Good to see Sully back I thought he scored. Everybody was fooled. He need to get his legs under him. You got to like a lot of what Halichuk does, Klein's mistakes didn't hurts us. Detroit looked just average. We probably made them look like that too. Round 2 Wed. Hope we don't overlook Edmonton.
Klein played well, he has all season. I guess you missed the most blatant giveaway of the night on Weber's attempted keep-in that led to a clean breakaway, everyone makes mistakes.

Klein was bad last year, damn near horrible in some cases, but he's been much better this year.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
Smart Aleck.

It said it wasn't on the map...I mean, I figured...that's like looking up Yell or Anes Station or Rambo Hollow. If you don't know where it is, you're not likely to find it. But I just looked up all three of those and there they were.

You can't hide in them hills no more.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote