HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Denis Kulyash shoots harder than Chara

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2011, 09:57 AM
  #1
XO
Registered User
 
XO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 50
Denis Kulyash shoots harder than Chara



how awesome isnt that shot lol

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 06:31 PM
  #2
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
Yeah, this isn't very surprising to those that follow KHL.

Kulyash has an awesome shot.


Last edited by MaxV: 02-05-2011 at 07:27 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:30 PM
  #3
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
and that's about all he's got)

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:18 PM
  #4
And You Feel Shame
Registered User
 
And You Feel Shame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
In Soviet Russia, Radar Gun shoot *you*

</Yakov>

And You Feel Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:56 PM
  #5
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
From the NHL distance Kulyash would still top Chara but by a lesser margin. Perhaps 2 MPH better than Chara.

Because Chara shot from 15 ft farther than Kulyash.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
  #6
kiluj
Registered User
 
kiluj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Samara, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
From the NHL distance Kulyash would still top Chara but by a lesser margin. Perhaps 2 MPH better than Chara.

Because Chara shot from 15 ft farther than Kulyash.
You are wrong. My English is not so good, but I hope you'll understand my explanations:
The point of this competition is to measure and indicate MAXIMUM speed of the puck. Not average speed. This occurs when the puck leaves the stick's blade. So its actually not important how long the flying distance.
For example, let's compare it with firearms. When someone measures speed of a bullet, they measure it at the cut of the barrel. And its not important if you shoot at 100m-away target or 10m-away target.

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:31 PM
  #7
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
You are wrong. My English is not so good, but I hope you'll understand my explanations:
The point of this competition is to measure and indicate MAXIMUM speed of the puck. Not average speed. This occurs when the puck leaves the stick's blade. So its actually not important how long the flying distance.
For example, let's compare it with firearms. When someone measures speed of a bullet, they measure it at the cut of the barrel. And its not important if you shoot at 100m-away target or 10m-away target.

The speed trap is in the net.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:42 AM
  #8
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
The speed trap is in the net.
No it's not. It's behind the net. And it doesn't mean that it measured the speed only when the puck was in the net.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:40 PM
  #9
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
Still, if there were a World Championship for the hardest slapshot, Kulyash would easily be a favorite.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:57 PM
  #10
hammerwielder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Still, if there were a World Championship for the hardest slapshot, Kulyash would easily be a favorite.
Unless both shot in the same competition in the same rink with the same radar gun in the same place the results are meaningless.

hammerwielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:36 PM
  #11
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
and that's about all he's got)
Do you mean that Kulyash is a pylon defensively?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.